Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 12:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck Off, Xtian Soldiers
Fuck Off, Xtian Soldiers
Xtian fanatics running the Air Force Academy.

http://www.truth-out.org/underground-gro...icals63726

Quote:An anonymous cadet at the US Air Force Academy (USAFA ) spoke out against alleged religious discrimination at the school last week, saying that some cadets must pretend to be evangelical Christians in order to maintain standing among their peers and superiors. In an email to the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF), the whistleblower stated that he is part of an "underground group" of about 100 cadets who cannot rely on proper channels to confront evangelical pressure.

The email, published by Veterans Today, applauds the MRFF from the "underground" and indicates that the academy is "literally overrun with Christian conservative fanatics."

RE: Fuck Off, Xtian Soldiers
The air force: Because the best way to get across jesus' message of peace is to drop a shit load of bombs on people in third world countries.
Christians have a monopoly on the meaning of life, morality and war. Didn't you get the memo?
Most Australians are pretty irreverent. We DID have a Catholic chaplain who seemed mildly religious. There was also a strange evangelical who ran some kind of centre and gave out free instant coffee and stale doughnuts.

When filling in the details for my dog tag,I noticed there was no category for 'atheist'. Some of the most important rules fora grunt are:"Keep yer bloody head down (literally and metaphorically),never volunteer for anything and if you fuck up just say you didn't understand the order.They will almost always believe you.

So I put 'Roman Catholic' and no one ever bothered me,or made me go to church.

The US air force sounds like Dr Strangelove. A throwback to the C19th concept of 'muscular Christianity'. Of course that was often a cover for sado-masochistic tendencies and repressed homosexuality. Thinking

Quote:Muscular Christianity is a term for a movement during the Victorian era which stressed the need for energetic Christian activism in combination with an ideal of vigorous masculinity. It was most associated with the English writers Charles Kingsley and Thomas Hughes, though the name was bestowed by others.

Kingsley and Hughes promoted physical strength and health (at least for men) as well as an active pursuit of Christian ideals in personal life and politics.

The term has also been applied to later movements that combine physical and Christian spiritual development.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscular_Christianity
Quote:There was also a strange evangelical who ran some kind of centre and gave out free instant coffee and stale doughnuts.

That sounds like them. Cheap bastards.

Anyway...........

[Image: pentagon+bible+study.jpg]
Well, this proves that the USAF already have planes that don't need thinking to fly and drop bombs. And fits perfectly, since atheísts could question the bombing's consequences, but if you do it for jesus, it's ok.
The problem is this tends to enlarge the pool of evangelicals who can use a military record to increase their chances of being elected to civilian offices, and from there dumb down our political discourse and attempt to dumb down our lives.
My gosh the states have it bad, my atheist cousin just joined the Canadian military and no such troubles :\...
Well of course the air force is hyper-religious; they want to rain down death and fire on all the third world pagans. Wink
Just kidding about that, but seriously, discrimination in the military is expected. They still don't want to let gays in after all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to get kicked off a christian forum Drich 61 8515 April 30, 2020 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: no one
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 879 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 2616 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is there room for a xtian section in an atheist forum? Bow Before Zeus 70 9633 December 6, 2017 at 4:04 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What xtian hymns sound like to an atheist drfuzzy 30 7875 September 22, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Here's A Xtian I'll Tip My Hat To Minimalist 0 839 April 9, 2017 at 8:04 pm
  I'm Tired of Xtian Shits With Their Silly Fairy Tales. Minimalist 2 1076 March 9, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Sad My parents have gone off the deep end Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 6072 March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Why are the "laws" of physics so different as conceived by many xtian fundamentalist? Whateverist 22 4887 November 13, 2016 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  a theory about modern xtian deconversion drfuzzy 14 2887 April 29, 2016 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Godscreated