Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian in need of help (feeling uneasy about God quote)!!
Christian in need of help (feeling uneasy about God quote)!!
I have been seeing too many atheists memes these later months. I wonder about myself now, and I wonder about my goals.

I saw another meme some days ago about God that I am having problems thinking about.

Statement: "Everything has a creator, and God has no creator".

I always think the above as correct.

The meme continues: "Since God has no creator, God is not a thing to be created, or no thing to be created, i.e. nothing; God is nothing".

Am I a true Christian for having problems with the above? Help!
RE: Christian in need of help (feeling uneasy about God quote)!!
(May 21, 2017 at 4:07 am)MellisaClarke Wrote: [...]

I always think the above as correct.[...]

That's funny, because the above makes no logical sense. If there can be something, that has no creator (god), then not everything has a creator. And if one thing could exist without a creator, then why couldn't all sorts of things - like the entire universe, for example?

Hope this helps...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(May 21, 2017 at 4:22 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(May 21, 2017 at 4:07 am)MellisaClarke Wrote: [...]

I always think the above as correct.[...]

That's funny, because the above makes no logical sense. If there can be something, that has no creator (god), then not everything has a creator. And if one thing could exist without a creator, then why couldn't all sorts of things - like the entire universe, for example?

Hope this helps...

God is outside of space and time, not requiring creation.

But that's not the problem.

Edit: The problem is that because God is outside of space and time, and not a thing like the universe, the wording from the meme gets to me a bit.
(May 21, 2017 at 4:40 am)MellisaClarke Wrote: God is outside of space and time, not requiring creation.[...]

How do you know what's "outside time and space"? If god can be outside time and space - so can be an infinite number of things. There could be billions of "gods". Big Bang started "outside time and space", so by your "logic" - it required no creator. And since our Universe came from the Big Bang - there's no need for a god/creator of the Universe.

And anybody can make up any nonsense and claim it's true, as long as it's "outside time and space". Guess what - I'm outside time and space and I don't see any god around here, so your religious beliefs must be false...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(May 21, 2017 at 4:40 am)MellisaClarke Wrote:
(May 21, 2017 at 4:22 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote: That's funny, because the above makes no logical sense. If there can be something, that has no creator (god), then not everything has a creator. And if one thing could exist without a creator, then why couldn't all sorts of things - like the entire universe, for example?

Hope this helps...

God is outside of space and time, not requiring creation.

But that's not the problem. The problem is that because God is outside of space and time, the wording from the meme does not chime with me.

If God is outside time so as to not require being created, how can it *do* anything or have thoughts or desires?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 21, 2017 at 4:58 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(May 21, 2017 at 4:40 am)MellisaClarke Wrote: God is outside of space and time, not requiring creation.[...]

How do you know what's "outside time and space"? If god can be outside time and space - so can be an infinite number of things. There could be billions of "gods". Big Bang started "outside time and space", so by your "logic" - it  required no creator. And since our Universe came from the Big Bang - there's no need for a god/creator of the Universe.

And anybody can make up any nonsense and claim it's true, as long as it's "outside time and space". Guess what - I'm outside time and space and I don't see any god around here, so your religious beliefs must be false...

You missed my later edit.

God is outside of space and time, but the big bang is within the range of "things" inside of space and time.

AlexK, imagine Sims creator and his game/computer. You will quickly notice that Sims creator is not inside his computer, outside of the game/computer.

The creator of sims is not limited by the rules of the sims game.
(May 21, 2017 at 5:01 am)MellisaClarke Wrote: You missed my later edit.

God is outside of space and time, but the big bang is within the range of "things" inside of space and time.
[...]

LOL... Why? Because you said so? Because it's convenient for you? How do you figure that? Right when/where Big Bang started - there was no "time and space", therefore - Big Bang couldn't have happened "inside of time and space". Time and space began inside the Big Bang. Therefore - Big Bang couldn't have happened inside time and space. Your argument is invalid.

Just admit, that you're making stuff up, so that you can hope there is a sky-daddy, who'll cares about you, protects you and will make you live forever, in which case - why do you care about some internet memes? A child that believes in fairies doesn't care, that fairies make no sense and are clearly a fantasy. Believe in your nonsense, if it makes you happy, instead of pretending you are being rational...
(May 21, 2017 at 5:01 am)MellisaClarke Wrote: [quote='Homeless Nutter' pid='1555920' dateline='1495357110']

How do you know what's "outside time and space"? If god can be outside time and space - so can be an infinite number of things. There could be billions of "gods". Big Bang started "outside time and space", so by your "logic" - it  required no creator. And since our Universe came from the Big Bang - there's no need for a god/creator of the Universe.

(May 21, 2017 at 5:01 am)MellisaClarke Wrote: You missed my later edit.

What is your evidence for the god existing with no space to exist in and no duration for it to do anything?

(May 21, 2017 at 5:01 am)MellisaClarke Wrote: AlexK, imagine Sims creator and his game/computer. You will quickly notice that Sims creator is not inside his computer, outside of the game/computer.

The creator of sims is not limited by the rules of the sims game.

But the creator of a video game has "time" to create the video game he/she has materials in the form of a computer that he/she uses to create the reality, they have a body that is real and physical to manipulate the keyboard and a brain to think with. At best you are positing a different dimension but that's a whole other ball game.
what you're suggesting makes no sense.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(May 21, 2017 at 5:29 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: What is your evidence for the god existing with no space to exist in and no duration for it to do anything?

But the creator of a video game has "time" to create the video game he/she has materials in the form of a computer that he/she uses to create the reality, they have a body that is real and physical to manipulate the keyboard and a brain to think with. At best you are positing a different dimension but that's a whole other ball game.

Yes the above is the evidence for creator doing things outside of space and time, similar to how sims creator is not experiencing sims time, but existing outside of it.

The time in the computer is different from time outside computer.
(May 21, 2017 at 5:34 am)MellisaClarke Wrote:
(May 21, 2017 at 5:29 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: What is your evidence for the god existing with no space to exist in and no duration for it to do anything?

But the creator of a video game has "time" to create the video game he/she has materials in the form of a computer that he/she uses to create the reality, they have a  body that is real and physical to manipulate the keyboard and a brain to think with. At best you are positing a different dimension but that's a whole other ball game.

Yes the above is the evidence for creator doing things outside of space and time, similar to how sims creator is not experiencing sims time, but existing outside of it.

The time in the computer is different from time outside computer.

So still time then just not "our" time.

So what is to stop other things existing in this alternative dimension?

What is your proof that in that scenario, its not the equivalent of CERN with a supercollider making 100 universes a second?

What do you know of this dimension?

Why do they hate the gays and communicate through incendiary topiary?

Why choose the jews as their people?

You see placing this thing in another dimension answers nothing. The god answer actually always rasies more questions than it purports to answer it is a rubbish idea and I find it childish and silly.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The absurd need for logical proofs for God R00tKiT 225 13405 December 31, 2020 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Does afterlife need God? Fake Messiah 7 1353 February 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 6915 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Mass shooting in a school? Need God. Mass shooting in a church?.... Chad32 54 11404 November 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why are Christians so uneasy about the paranormal NuclearEnergy 45 12745 May 4, 2017 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Add your favorite JESUS QUOTE in this thread for comedy relief!! 21stCenturyIconoclast 33 4326 January 22, 2017 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Quote from GotQuestions.org ignoramus 37 9229 July 7, 2016 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Does god need your help? robvalue 66 8868 May 19, 2016 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  I'm God. What evidence do I need to provide? robvalue 297 27362 November 16, 2015 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Oh, You Talk to God, That’s Cool! I Need Some Answers Salacious B. Crumb 40 10524 August 20, 2015 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb