Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message from China over Climate Change
Message from China over Climate Change
"There is an "international responsibility" to fight climate change, China's Premier Li Keqiang has said."
"While he did not mention the US or Donald Trump, Mr Li's comments were clearly addressed to Washington."
"The Chinese Premier was meeting with senior European Union officials at a summit in Brussels.
The European Union and China plan to issue a joint statement – the first time this has happened – committing to full implementation of the Paris Agreement.
It commits them to cutting back on fossil fuels, developing more green technology and helping raise billions of pounds to help poorer countries cut emissions.
"The EU and China consider climate action and the clean energy transition an imperative more important than ever," the statement, by European Council President Donald Tusk, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker and China's Li, will say.
"The increasing impacts of climate change require a decisive response."
And Miguel Arias Canete, the European commissioner who has led climate talks with Beijing, said of the Paris accord: "No one should be left behind, but the EU and China have decided to move forward."
"

in
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment...66451.html

Clap
RE: Message from China over Climate Change
Lol. At this rate, China will be the leader of the semi-free world by the end of the next decade
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(June 1, 2017 at 9:48 am)Alex K Wrote: Lol. At this rate, China will be the leader of the semi-free world by the end of the next decade

Only because the world is on track to becoming as free as china by the end of the next decade.
Freedom is an illusion.
I'll never speak ill of Ivanka again if she whispers in his ear right before 3PM, "Do you want China to beat you again?"
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
It does seem as if China is facing reality.

[Image: holding-under-the-dome-documentary-china...63x560.jpg]
(June 1, 2017 at 12:57 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I'll never speak ill of Ivanka again if she whispers in his ear right before 3PM, "Do you want China to beat you again?"

I am not sure whether I am pleased by the fact that Ivanka isn't as big an airhead as the Donald, or depressed to the point or being suicidal over the fact that Ivanka's is now the voice of least unreason at the center of the command structure over 5000 nuclear warheads.
Jaysus. Who would have thought that China (China!!) would have more environmental leadership than the US...

Dear Future,

Fuck you.

Love, Donald Trump

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
. . . assuming China doesn't sterilize the eastern half of their country first . . .

[Image: 29CHINAAIR-web1-master675.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 1, 2017 at 7:34 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: . . . assuming China doesn't sterilize the eastern half of their country first . . .

[Image: 29CHINAAIR-web1-master675.jpg]

Or turn 500 million people into mutants with superpowers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China & Russia Foxaèr 32 2270 November 29, 2023 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  China and Russia's presidents -both- absent from the G20 WinterHold 16 1263 October 1, 2023 at 8:09 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Indian-American Nikki Haley: Plan to Counter the China Threat. Nishant Xavier 46 2686 August 6, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  China is also being shaked Leonardo17 1 366 November 30, 2022 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Boeing 737-800 Airliner Crash in China HappySkeptic 0 183 March 21, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Good News for a Change. onlinebiker 6 364 February 7, 2021 at 11:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Hail To A Name change..... Sports/NFL Brian37 44 1636 July 13, 2020 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING: China's communist party wants to change the internet protocols WinterHold 32 2180 April 2, 2020 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  A message to MBS in rap WinterHold 3 265 March 19, 2020 at 8:34 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  CNN- UN expert recommends Kushner change his phone after suspected Saudi hack WinterHold 1 530 January 25, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger