Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh My, This Won't Work Out Well
Oh My, This Won't Work Out Well
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/upsho...&te=1&_r=1

Quote:G.O.P. Senators Might Not Realize It, but Not One State Supports the Republican Health Bill

Quote:We found that Republicans have produced a rare unity among red and blue states: opposition to the A.H.C.A.

For example, even in the most supportive state, deep-red Oklahoma, we estimate that only about 38 percent of voters appear to support the law versus 45 percent who oppose. (Another 17 percent of Oklahomans say they have no opinion.) Across all the states that voted for President Trump last year, we estimate that support for the A.H.C.A. is rarely over 35 percent. A majority of Republican senators currently represent states where less than a third of the public supports the A.H.C.A. By comparison, President Trump received 33 percent of the vote in Massachusetts.

And the amazing thing is that people don't even know what it in the fucking thing yet because McConnell and his lackeys are keeping it a secret.

Meanwhile the bad news just keeps flowing in on the House version of this abortion.

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publicat...ealth-care

Quote:
  • If it becomes law, the American Health Care Act could lead to 924,000 jobs lost by 2026, mostly in health care
  • States that expanded Medicaid would experience the most severe economic losses under the American Health Care Act

Well, the bill is about tax cuts for rich fucks and the rest of the assholes can die for all the republicunts care.
RE: Oh My, This Won't Work Out Well
Well, Ted Cruz hates the bill as it doesn't dry fuck near enough people in the ass.

I could see the Senate voting 99-1 in favor now.

Hell, if Ted hates it then I like it, and I don't have to read it first.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

GOOD NEWS:

Medica is in for providing ACA policies in Iowa next year.  I'm estimating my individual health insurance premium for next year will be around $19,000 based on their announcement of a 43% premium increase.

I don't know if their rates were consistent with the BCBS policy I had, but they couldn't be too far off or everyone would already be with them.

Jesus Fucking Christ, however, I can afford this, but what of the thousands of folks WHO CANNOT ???????????????????

And BTW, I CANNOT afford too many more annual rate hikes of +40%.  And unfortunately, the lines on the graph cross well BEFORE I'm eligible for Medicare.  If nothing changes, I might not have health insurance from ~2019 to 2022, unless farm incomes rise dramatically, or I sell farm land to pay for health insurance, assuming buyers exist without that same constraint. My farm land supports (currently) 6 people, and that 2019 thing might be optimistic . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Quote:but what of the thousands of folks WHO CANNOT ???????????????????

Mitch McConnell and Co. want them to fucking hurry up and die.
ah . . .

But see, Ted Cruz wants more of them to die faster. Ted is the dead canary in our methane exploding coal mine of health insurance.

Only game in town regardless, I'm compelled to support it barring some weird deus ex mechina that puts a hundred more dems in congress tonite. I'm assuming there is not a magic elf of some kind with that capability poised to strike.

(June 22, 2017 at 3:48 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I'm estimating my individual health insurance premium for next year will be around $19,000 based on their announcement of a 43% premium increase.

I don't know if their rates were consistent with the BCBS policy I had, but they couldn't be too far off or everyone would already be with them.

I have a BCBS group policy through my employer. Annual premium for myself and a minor child - this year - is about $25K, with a 6K individual and 12K family deductible. Thankfully, I do not have to pay all of it.
self employed farmer

I am at their mercy

You Americans and your crappy healthcare. What you need is an nhs like us.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(June 22, 2017 at 4:09 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: self employed farmer

I am at their mercy

I get it...the situation is untenable. It's not so rosy for group plans either, is the only point I wanted to make. I am going to be in your shoes before too much longer, and millions already are.

On the other hand, my girlfriend works at for a large hospital network in food service, and her employee share is something like $11 every two weeks, many copays are waived, and her coinsurance is reasonable. We'd get married if it weren't for financial consequences elsewhere which are almost certainly even more devastating.
(June 22, 2017 at 4:14 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: You Americans and your crappy healthcare. What you need is an nhs like us.

We have Republicans instead. Care to trade?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, that didn't last long...MyPillow guy fail. arewethereyet 4 723 November 13, 2022 at 1:04 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Will leaving the state work in Texas brewer 19 927 July 13, 2021 at 6:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  I didn’t do it out of hate. ... I did it out of love. brewer 2 469 January 10, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Divinity
  White supremacists protecting Churchill statue get 'that work' in UK Huggy Bear 50 3312 June 16, 2020 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Well that was some fast back-tracking by Facebook robvalue 9 1239 July 12, 2019 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Well, It Hardly Qualifies As A 'Replica', Then BrianSoddingBoru4 13 933 May 25, 2019 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Won't Hear From The WLB On This One Minimalist 4 534 September 19, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  4-day work week shown to be a success Foxaèr 17 1278 September 12, 2018 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  One of Obamacare’s big experiments to lower costs is working surprisingly well Aegon 9 791 September 5, 2018 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1667 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb