Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are God's perfect imperfection.
We are God's perfect imperfection.
Theists, OK, God is a perfect being/thingy in every way.
Infinitely more knowledgeable than us finite mortals he created.

Why then, does everyone think or feel or assume that God is even capable of making "us" perfect, just like a god!
We are not equals with God. We bow and worship the almighty. We are in awe of his divine powers.

So far, so good.
Why then do you think "he" is capable of lowering himself to the mortal earthly standards and then begin to have one on one discussions with us?
Why would he even want to?
If, with the size of the universe he created, all he wants to do is judge and burn us little ants in hell, doesn't that say more about him than us?
God, you really need to aim higher. I mean a lot higher! (and put a password on your wifi! Too many crank calls.)

[Image: 1rh3ow.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: We are God's perfect imperfection.
(June 25, 2017 at 2:39 am)ignoramus Wrote: Theists, OK, God is a perfect being/thingy in every way.
Infinitely more knowledgeable than us finite mortals he created.

Why then, does everyone think or feel or assume that God is even capable of making "us" perfect, just like a god!
We are not equals with God. We bow and worship the almighty. We are in awe of his divine powers.

So far, so good.
Why then do you think "he" is capable of lowering himself to the mortal earthly standards and then begin to have one on one discussions with us?
Why would he even want to?
If, with the size of the universe he created, all he wants to do is judge and burn us little ants in hell, doesn't that say more about him than us?
God, you really need to aim higher. I mean a lot higher! (and put a password on your wifi!  Too many crank calls.)

[Image: 1rh3ow.jpg]

What a disaster IG.

Your guessing is a total failure.
Why God would create an hell where he would dump his failures?
If God is perfect He (He-She or whatever) wouldn't create something imperfect that would end up (down)
in the rubbish bin such as the hell and if God is not perfect then He wouldn't be God in the first place.

Beside why a simple seed wouldn't be equal to the tree that a tree created?
Of course the seed would that is why we are equal to God.
Give time and a little bit of smart imagination and your seed consciousness will be 100% equal to the mighty consciousness that create your seed-consciousness in the first place but remember one thing.......when I said be smart I mean give up all dogmas that took residence in your mind such as atheism.  Lightbulb

[Image: EhGQBlcGPEO0DXIf-32a-Ll3aOW36bhC2sAEX6b0...h_vgQ=w300]
But recall this 'perfect' god is a jealous and insecure god and it violently uproots those seeds before they can ever get near it. Tower of Babel and all that. And mortality. I don't understand how a Christian can possibly think of life as having any meaning (or accuse non-believers of finding life meaningless) if the only reason we're hear is so their god can stroke his ego-prick to how superior he is to us.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(June 25, 2017 at 6:56 pm)Astonished Wrote: But recall this 'perfect' god is a jealous and insecure god and it violently uproots those seeds before they can ever get near it. Tower of Babel and all that. And mortality. I don't understand how a Christian can possibly think of life as having any meaning (or accuse non-believers of finding life meaningless) if the only reason we're hear is so their god can stroke his ego-prick to how superior he is to us.

You got to be very careful Ast before you accuse somebody.
You need evidence Ast not guessing or taking from what religions say.
God did not start religions nor He did write religious books.
Have you got any evidence that God started religions or that He agree with what religions say?
If not then stop making accusation that God said this or that or that God is a nasty entity.
And what about mortality?
How do you know what mortality is all about?
You see the chap physically dying but where is the evidence that the consciousness die as well?
Your ideas are all build on guessing and on what religions say.
In other words you write things that have no value of whatsoever.  Smile

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRzPP_cCNU5yuVTt277yw...GZchKLF0dn]
(June 26, 2017 at 10:14 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(June 25, 2017 at 6:56 pm)Astonished Wrote: But recall this 'perfect' god is a jealous and insecure god and it violently uproots those seeds before they can ever get near it. Tower of Babel and all that. And mortality. I don't understand how a Christian can possibly think of life as having any meaning (or accuse non-believers of finding life meaningless) if the only reason we're hear is so their god can stroke his ego-prick to how superior he is to us.

You got to be very careful Ast before you accuse somebody.
Have you got any evidence that God started religions or that He agree with what religions say?
If not then stop making accusation that God said this or that or that God is a nasty entity.
You see the chap physically dying but where is the evidence that the consciousness die as well?

Provocative little jackass, I think I remember you.

I'm using the same evidence that everyone else uses when they're talking about Yahweh, I just use 'god' because it's shorter and I specifically named Christians as the espousers of belief in the god we're talking about (nice straw man, by the way, turd) since they're the ones who promote this false idea of the character of the mass-murderer they worship. The existence of this being is not only absurd and logically impossible (in other words, irrelevant) but the belief in it is still present and incredibly strong despite having zero justification and every reason NOT to believe or promote it. And I'm not uncomfortable with mortality, it simply stands that if there is a proposed eternal afterlife (not that I would personally find that desirable even if it was in a paradise) then compared to this life, it is less 'nice' for lack of a better term before I've had my coffee. And the evidence that the consciousness can die is that a person can be brain dead and still physically alive but no longer be 'themselves'. If you are religious and strong in your conviction, I can make an educated guess that this utterly base stupidity on your part is the result of what it's done to your ability to think and reason and I pity you. But the moment you become an agent of this faith and spread it to others (children in particular), that pity vanishes and you become an antagonist, so I hedge my bets and assume everyone tries to pull that crap at some point, so I'm a bit short with people regardless.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(June 26, 2017 at 10:23 am)Astonished Wrote:
(June 26, 2017 at 10:14 am)Little Rik Wrote: You got to be very careful Ast before you accuse somebody.

Provocative little jackass, I think I remember you.

I'm using the same evidence that everyone else uses when they're talking about Yahweh, I just use 'god' because it's shorter and I specifically named Christians as the espousers of belief in the god we're talking about (nice straw man, by the way, turd) since they're the ones who promote this false idea of the character of the mass-murderer they worship. The existence of this being is not only absurd and logically impossible (in other words, irrelevant) but the belief in it is still present and incredibly strong despite having zero justification and every reason NOT to believe or promote it. And I'm not uncomfortable with mortality, it simply stands that if there is a proposed eternal afterlife (not that I would personally find that desirable even if it was in a paradise) then compared to this life, it is less 'nice' for lack of a better term before I've had my coffee. And the evidence that the consciousness can die is that a person can be brain dead and still physically alive but no longer be 'themselves'. If you are religious and strong in your conviction, I can make an educated guess that this utterly base stupidity on your part is the result of what it's done to your ability to think and reason and I pity you. But the moment you become an agent of this faith and spread it to others (children in particular), that pity vanishes and you become an antagonist, so I hedge my bets and assume everyone tries to pull that crap at some point, so I'm a bit short with people regardless.

Wrong on all points Ast.

1) I do not follow any religions and I don't push anyone to believe in my beliefs.
My two kids now grown up are not theists nor atheists and I do not push them to believe or not to believe.
One day in this life or in some next life they surely will decide what to do with their beliefs.

2) You do not use any evidence of whatsoever.
All you do is rely on what religions say and think that that is what God would say.
Unfortunately you do not use your intellect to try to understand how things works.

3) You say......The existence of this being is not only absurd and logically impossible (in other words, irrelevant).........
Where is the logic Ast?
Are you one more fool that believe that the universe pop up as per magic and nobody run it?
Science show us that the matter has no brain so how on hell this universe made of matter would run unless a mind is behind it?

Real people and real evidence show that life goes on after physical death.

http://www.nderf.org/Archives/exceptional.html
(June 26, 2017 at 11:32 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(June 26, 2017 at 10:23 am)Astonished Wrote: Provocative little jackass, I think I remember you.

Wrong on all points Ast.

1) I do not follow any religions and I don't push anyone to believe in my beliefs.
My two kids now grown up are not theists nor atheists and I do not push them to believe or not to believe.
One day in this life or in some next life they surely will decide what to do with their beliefs.

2) You do not use any evidence of whatsoever.
All you do is rely on what religions say and think that that is what God would say.
Unfortunately you do not use your intellect to try to understand how things works.

3) You say......The existence of this being is not only absurd and logically impossible (in other words, irrelevant).........
Where is the logic Ast?
Are you one more fool that believe that the universe pop up as per magic and nobody run it?
Science show us that the matter has no brain so how on hell this universe made of matter would run unless a mind is behind it?

Real people and real evidence show that life goes on after physical death.

http://www.nderf.org/Archives/exceptional.html

Now I know you're just fucking with me. I honestly don't even know what the fuck to do to correct the fact that you have the absolute most backward definition of 'wrong' it is possible to possess. Theist an atheist are mutually contradictory terms; you have to be one or the other, it's impossible not to have a stance on that, so they're one or the other whether you like to think so or not. You can't possibly ask me to believe you're genuinely too stupid to understand that.

The burden of proof is on your dumb ass if you want to claim there's more shit out there than we know. All I'm saying is the claims being made by every theist ARE demonstrably false, and claims made by namby-pamby deists are simply able to be dismissed as they are asserted without evidence. I don't make claims I can't back up. And I'm willing to change my mind if I can be convinced, unlike the jackasses who are so intransigent in their beliefs that they can't be shaken, which is incredibly intellectually dishonest.

I don't believe the universe popped up as magic, that's what theists and deists alike believe, tardly boy, which you should fucking know. Further, if they want to propose that their deity is exempt from this 'who created it' infinite regress, why isn't the universe, the actual thing we can observe and study, able to warrant this same assumption? Occam's razor cleanly circumcises god right out of the fucking equation. But you know what? I'm not going to be such an arrogant fuckwad that I'm going to claim I know how everything started or even if there was a starting point or if it was simply a perpetual cycle all along, or if there is or isn't any true nature beyond it. We don't know it, none of us. It's fine if you want to dream there is but when you genuinely truly believe it without justification, that opens the door to batshittery and you're proving that right now quite profusely. Why does the universe need a brain behind it? An avalanche doesn't require a brain to happen, it is a result of physics that we can easily understand conceptually and mathematically. Those things are discoverable and have the benefit of practical application. I don't have to make the claim that there's no brain behind it all; until you prove that there is, beyond the 'there must be because it makes my teeny dick hard to imagine it' defense, you just sound like an impotent stunted, sad little dunce.

And your NDE bullcrap propaganda or whatever the fuck time-wasting hogwash in that useless link has to have been debunked in every way it's possible to debunk, as with every single fucking other nonsensical claim of the same nature. If any of it were true, whoever discovered it would have won a Nobel prize and the entire face of science would have changed overnight. Why the fuck don't people who like to clamp onto this fake shit seem to understand that there would be these colossal ramifications if any of their dogcrap was actually real?

---

(June 26, 2017 at 9:13 pm)Astonished Wrote: Now I know you're just fucking with me. I honestly don't even know what the fuck to do to correct the fact that you have the absolute most backward definition of 'wrong' it is possible to possess. Theist an atheist are mutually contradictory terms; you have to be one or the other, it's impossible not to have a stance on that, so they're one or the other whether you like to think so or not. You can't possibly ask me to believe you're genuinely too stupid to understand that.

It is a FACT that most people are neither theists or atheists.
They just don't care or they are not interested on the issue at this stage in their lives.
If you don't believe me just go out in the street and ask people about it.
What most people are interested in at the moment is materialism.

Quote:The burden of proof is on your dumb ass if you want to claim there's more shit out there than we know.

NDEs are pure evidence beside even science tell us that behind a body there is a brain and the universe has all the characteristic that our body has (space, air, energy, water and matter).  

Quote:All I'm saying is the claims being made by every theist ARE demonstrably false

I am theist and yet you have to prove me wrong.  Smile

Quote:and claims made by namby-pamby deists are simply able to be dismissed as they are asserted without evidence.

Deists are dead wrong.
God can not possibly create something and then let it run by itself.

Quote:I don't make claims I can't back up. And I'm willing to change my mind if I can be convinced, unlike the jackasses who are so intransigent in their beliefs that they can't be shaken, which is incredibly intellectually dishonest.

Who is dishonest Ast?
NDEs are not hallucinations because they are so clear, sharp and vivid that a dead brain can not possibly
create so only the consciousness can experience.
You are the dishonest one that refuse to believe in the evidence.
They are real people, real places and in most cases these experiences can be verified so by not believe in them is dishonest.

Quote:I don't believe the universe popped up as magic

If there is no mind behind it as atheists think then how the universe existed?
That is magic Ast.
You must have seen a magician popping up a rabbit from an empty hat, don't you?  Wink

Quote:that's what theists and deists alike believe, tardly boy, which you should fucking know.

I don't care what other people think or say.
If you deal with me then only worry what I say.  Lightbulb

Quote:Further, if they want to propose that their deity is exempt from this 'who created it' infinite regress, why isn't the universe, the actual thing we can observe and study, able to warrant this same assumption?

Some people rely on faith only.
I don't.
Not that I don't have faith in my spiritual teacher but I also use my brain.
If the teaching is not working then I lose faith in my teacher.
This hasn't happen after so many years that is why I can not be considered as a fool.

Look at your body.
You got matter, you got water, energy, air, space and mind.
They are all needed to keep you alive so if you look at the universe you will have to reckon that there got to be a mind behind this creation.

Quote:Occam's razor cleanly circumcises god right out of the fucking equation.

That is a load o'garbage.
Idiots can not see a mind behind this universe so they come to the conclusion that there is none.
It is only when people use logic that they come to the conclusion that a body has and must have a mind.

Quote:But you know what? I'm not going to be such an arrogant fuckwad that I'm going to claim I know how everything started or even if there was a starting point or if it was simply a perpetual cycle all along, or if there is or isn't any true nature beyond it. We don't know it, none of us. It's fine if you want to dream there is but when you genuinely truly believe it without justification, that opens the door to batshittery and you're proving that right now quite profusely.

Wrong again Ast.

How do you know that nobody knows?
Take a teacher.
He-she knows and you are learning.
You do not know yet where the teaching will lead you to but your teacher knows.
Considering that your teacher teach you well and you advance then come obvious that what your teacher teach you is spot on and considering that your teacher has already experienced what you are learning at the moment then everything is right.
The problem with you Ast is that you haven't got a teacher that would help you to get out the mental sewer.
You already made up your mind that you know so you don't need a teacher.
In this way is like to try to go across the ocean in a tiny raft.
You may succeed but in most cases you don't.

Quote:Why does the universe need a brain behind it? An avalanche doesn't require a brain to happen, it is a result of physics that we can easily understand conceptually and mathematically. Those things are discoverable and have the benefit of practical application.

The food or drink that you put in your mouth goes down like an avalanche would go down.
What this has to do with the fact that a body need or not a brain?

Quote:I don't have to make the claim that there's no brain behind it all; until you prove that there is, beyond the 'there must be because it makes my teeny dick hard to imagine it' defense, you just sound like an impotent stunted, sad little dunce.

People who find a nugget of gold found it because they put enough effort in discovering it.
If you are such a fool that think that the gold will come to you as per magic then you will never get it.
It is all about being interested that the discovering journey start.
If you are not interested then your journey to discovering will not start and nobody can started for you
so nobody can give you any evidence.

Quote:And your NDE bullcrap propaganda or whatever the fuck time-wasting hogwash in that useless link has to have been debunked in every way it's possible to debunk, as with every single fucking other nonsensical claim of the same nature.

That is a load o'crap Ast.
Most NDEs are verifiable.
Real people, real places, real doctors, real death, real accounts and records.

Quote:If any of it were true, whoever discovered it would have won a Nobel prize and the entire face of science would have changed overnight. Why the fuck don't people who like to clamp onto this fake shit seem to understand that there would be these colossal ramifications if any of their dogcrap was actually real?

More garbage Ast.

After Columbus discovered America 99% of people wouldn't believe him.
And after someone explain that the planet earth is not flat and is not the center of the universe still 99% of the people wouldn't believe him.

It is only after sometime that things are believed.
No wonder that 99% of people on earth are fools.  Smile
How the fuck does someone like you even remember to keep breathing? You're so psychologically sad and fascinating at the same time.

---

(June 27, 2017 at 10:38 am)Astonished Wrote: How the fuck does someone like you even remember to keep breathing? You're so psychologically sad and fascinating at the same time.

I am so so sorry to knock down your dogmas one by one.
I almost feel sad.

[Image: ltc-300x185.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQd7Rqx6GqOI0idY_gcLSV...r5EmYaTrqQ]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 16972 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Imperfect perfect Trinity Alex K 8 956 December 14, 2019 at 9:20 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 63165 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why would a perfect being make an imperfect world? Socrates 138 30906 February 25, 2017 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  The Perfect Religious Doctrine The Reality Salesman01 41 6731 May 15, 2016 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Argument from perfect preservation Psychonaut 8 3802 August 9, 2015 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  This Is Perfect. Minimalist 14 5109 November 22, 2014 at 11:56 am
Last Post: dyresand
  How is the Bible/Quran a "perfect book" ? Rwandrall 14 5797 November 5, 2014 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Nintentacle
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19338 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  If God made us perfect.... vodkafan 28 7943 May 31, 2014 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd