Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How come there arent many atheists such as Bill Maher
How come there arent many atheists such as Bill Maher
You know. More conservative liberals. Its hard to find atheists who thinks like Bill Maher, its either conservative Christians with rednecks and corporates or its leftleaning atheists.
RE: How come there arent many atheists such as Bill Maher
(June 25, 2017 at 12:02 pm)Roeki Wrote: You know. More conservative liberals. Its hard to find atheists who thinks like Bill Maher, its either conservative Christians with rednecks and corporates or its leftleaning atheists.

I didn't know he was conservative.

Perhaps its because the right wing in America has so closely aligned itself with the church.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(June 25, 2017 at 12:05 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(June 25, 2017 at 12:02 pm)Roeki Wrote: You know. More conservative liberals. Its hard to find atheists who thinks like Bill Maher, its either conservative Christians with rednecks and corporates or its leftleaning atheists.

I didn't know he was conservative.

Perhaps its because the right wing in America has so closely aligned itself with the church.

He's not a conservative. But he doesnt sugarcoat politcal issues as most liberals do usually. Though i am myself not into trying to be offensive, but usually from what i get they tend to do it because if they dont it will 'cause bigots or something. Or that is what i will assume is the reason why they do it.
Time Spent Online: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes, 8 Seconds.
And you've created five threads?

You need to slow down a bit. Oh, and btw what is a leftleaning (sic) atheist?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.

Maher is not a conservative. He makes a living bashing political correctness but that is not a conservative policy. Maher says he is happy to pay millions in taxes for social welfare programs and he promotes a Universal Health Care system.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Bill's as left as they come. What he has, in addition, is the personal quality of not being facile in the face of foolishness.

Plus I know at least two people who think he's hawt.
Sum ergo sum

I'm not an atheist, but I am socially liberal and fiscally conservative. If I had to choose between the democrats and the republicans, I'd choose the democrats because the republicans have basically told me that my kind aren't welcome in their club.

So fuck 'em.
Ikr why aren't other atheists as sexy as Maher?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Bill calls himself a progressive.  Try to pay attention.

Being a 'smart' comedian has a lot to do with it, I imagine.  I also think Bill Maher could hear 1000 people say the same thing, and if he thought it was wrong, he'd still disagree.  Having that sort of independent thinking is uncommon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5029 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Does your atheism come as a package? FrustratedFool 75 5185 October 7, 2023 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 2982 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 7006 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2090 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Family is always asking me to come to religious celebrations Tomatoshadow2 25 1811 April 11, 2023 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why did God get such a makeover in the New Testament? Hi600 10 1534 April 1, 2023 at 4:48 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  How many of you know that there is atheism in Sanatana Dharma ? hindu 19 2271 June 7, 2020 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 2962 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 6986 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4