Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Honest Man
An Honest Man
Unique for a republicunt.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/goper-wh...linton-of/

Quote:GOPer who voted for impeachment in 1998: ‘This is much more serious than anything we accused Bill Clinton of’

Quote:Former Rep. Bob Inglis (R-SC) voted for the impeachment of President Bill Clinton in 1998 but he said on Monday that President Donald Trump’s behavior is “much more serious.”
RE: An Honest Man
(July 3, 2017 at 8:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Unique for a republicunt.

Quote:GOPer who voted for impeachment in 1998: ‘This is much more serious than anything we accused Bill Clinton of’

Quote:Former Rep. Bob Inglis (R-SC) voted for the impeachment of President Bill Clinton in 1998 but he said on Monday that President Donald Trump’s behavior is “much more serious.”

I just finished having a discussion with one of my sons, where we were in total agreement about how the US electorate has lost their minds where the Chump even made the ticket, let alone got elected. This country isn't a game show, no matter what some people think. I know sworn peace officers who think that the Chump "should be given a chance". I've said it before, and I'll say it again, as I have posed the question to them directly, "If you saw some guy pushing a shopping cart on the street, and he said this kind of shit, you'd 5150 them, wouldn't you? I'd like to think that some sort of reasoning ability and loyalty to our country would convince people to not vote for the Donald. But there's a lot of fucked up people running loose in our country.

If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(July 3, 2017 at 11:51 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(July 3, 2017 at 8:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Unique for a republicunt.

I just finished having a discussion with one of my sons, where we were in total agreement about how the US electorate has lost their minds where the Chump even made the ticket, let alone got elected. This country isn't a game show, no matter what some people think. I know sworn peace officers who think that the Chump "should be given a chance". I've said it before, and I'll say it again, as I have posed the question to them directly, "If you saw some guy pushing a shopping cart on the street, and he said this kind of shit, you'd 5150 them, wouldn't you? I'd like to think that some sort of reasoning ability and loyalty to our country would convince people to not vote for the Donald. But there's a lot of fucked up people running loose in our country.

There are genuine people in the mental health medical field who have said that Dombo is "DANGEROUSLY mentally ill" and unfit for office, but somehow that doesn't restrict him or others of similar belief and temperament from running for, let alone holding, office. Why is there no policy protecting our leadership positions from this poison? Oh, right, because then no theist could possibly participate.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
Quote:This country isn't a game show, no matter what some people think.

I agree, but (no offense intended) those of us outside the US are beginning to look at it as a side show.  Pity, really.  I've been to the US and met a lot of warm, generous, wonderful people.  Shame what's happening now.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
BrianSoddingBoru4
Quote:This country isn't a game show, no matter what some people think.

I agree, but (no offense intended) those of us outside the US are beginning to look at it as a side show.  Pity, really.  I've been to the US and met a lot of warm, generous, wonderful people.  Shame what's happening now.

Boru

It has certainly become that, I agree.  I don't blame you at all for thinking this. Oops- hosed the quote, but don't see how to fix it.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] The black man as a slave to the white man's god Foxaèr 51 2957 August 5, 2020 at 9:09 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Going to be brutally honest [Religion Edition] dyresand 3 1405 August 25, 2016 at 5:25 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Sincerely honest question Athene 41 9765 September 7, 2015 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Athene
  I have an honest question for theists. Annik 58 33950 July 6, 2012 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Gaest