Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better terminology for "Father and Son" ?
Better terminology for "Father and Son" ?
For God and Jesus.  Father and Son.  Think about it.  Their relationship is fundamentally different than any human father and son EVER.  Use of the phrase, to me, seems to deny the scope/extent/degree/nature of their relationship and misleads those attempting to be faithful to them.

Just throwing this out, but the relationship might be more akin to budding, although I concur it is incomplete too, but less misleading than the 'father and son' label.  

Additionally, 'Father and son' implies (asserts?) a genetic contribution from Mary.  That can't be possible, as the (for lack of a better term) resultant hybrid would definitely NOT be the original, and would be denying the Trinity in it's essential constitution, which we know to be false.

I'm aware of the limitation of words and wordsmithing, but the term "Father and Son" in regards to God and Jesus is so far off the mark that to use it is equivalent of heresy.

There has to be a better way of saying it.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Better terminology for "Father and Son" ?
Jesus is God's familiar. More fitting to all the hocus-pocus that occurs.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Is Jesus a simulacrum of God ?

Or perhaps a subset if want to Venn it ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Yeah, I think when someone put in there that Jesus was as eternal as Yahweh, it threw a wrench into things. He couldn't just be a demigod, like anything else thought up by the greeks. They had to overcomplicate things. Just chalk that up to one of many problems with the biblical story.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

jesus is a transmogrification. 

That sounds hip enough to get the attention of the youngins.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 5, 2017 at 3:05 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Is Jesus a simulacrum of God ?

Or perhaps a subset if want to  Venn it ??
So , a simulacrum of god produces simulacrums of itself in tortillas and grilled cheese sandwiches. Sounds like a downward spiral to me.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

If Jeebus wasn't trying to be such a falsely coy and humble turd about his identity and relation to Yahweh, there'd be no argument that he was just an avatar like they stole from other religions (like with most things). But no, he has to be something fucking more special than that.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
well this is part of my ongoing effort to help the believers to 'up their game' as it were, that someday we might have one here worthy of our atheist attentions in refuting an actual contender for The One True Faith.

I wouldn't consider imposing a deadline, but I might hint vaguely that at some point in the future I might propose to staff here we institute criteria for believers that want to post here and that we phase out the current practice of allowing obvious heretics and apostates on the forum.

Tango & Cash. 

Or Crockett and Tubbs--whatever. Any names denoting the good cop/bad cop trope would work just fine.
Pretty sure Jesus was just a 3D hologram like the good doctor.

[Image: 1tnm7l.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 3884 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Fox News’ Father Jonathan Morris is Quitting the Priesthood So He Can Have Sex Fake Messiah 46 10339 June 7, 2019 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Drich
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8379 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The believer seems to know god better than he knows himself Foxaèr 43 7683 June 2, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My religious teacher will become a father Der/die AtheistIn 48 9485 January 22, 2018 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Prodigal Son Ignorant 86 12330 June 12, 2016 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Alex K
Video Christian faimily disowns gay teen son on youtube Fake Messiah 10 3005 April 29, 2016 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Christian Bride gives her Pastor father certificate of purity on her wedding day The Valkyrie 136 26360 October 28, 2015 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Parents Charged in Beating Death of Son at Church JesusHChrist 56 9268 October 22, 2015 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Religion doesn't make you a better person dyresand 3 2121 August 29, 2015 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: dyresand