Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 12:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R Lee Ermey Dead At 74
R Lee Ermey Dead At 74
Full Metal Jacket star, R Lee Ermey is dead at 74

Quote:R. Lee Ermey, a former Marine Corps drill instructor known to millions of moviegoers as the sadistic Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Stanley Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket," died Sunday morning, according to his longtime manager. He was 74.

www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/04/15/full-metal-jacket-actor-r-lee-ermey-dies-at-age-74.html

"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: R Lee Ermey Dead At 74
Sad
Dying to live, living to die.
One less trump voter.
(April 15, 2018 at 9:20 pm)A Theist Wrote: Full Metal Jacket star, R Lee Ermey is dead at 74

Quote:R. Lee Ermey, a former Marine Corps drill instructor known to millions of moviegoers as the sadistic Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Stanley Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket," died Sunday morning, according to his longtime manager. He was 74.

www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/04/15/full-metal-jacket-actor-r-lee-ermey-dies-at-age-74.html

Really, what else is there to say about Ermey? Well, apart from the fact that Stanley Kubrick actually trusted him to ad-lib almost all his banter and during the "Reach-around" line, Kubrick yelled "Cut" and demanded he tell him what a reach-around is. He did so, politely, and they reshot the scene with that line
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
The sample, I think from Full Metal Jacket is in so many Industrial Tracks. Where he says "If you don't wipe that idiotic grin off your face, I'm going to gouge your eyes out and skull**** you!" It's used so much it's like a standard or something.

RIP
Eskimo pussy is mighty cold . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

After seeing him in FMJ he slayed me in Saving Silverman.

I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
He was a natural! A natural asshole!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Full Metal Jacket - Kubrick's only chick flick
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Unless you've been through boot camp you may not realize that it's one long test. If you can't fold your underwear according to the specs why would they give you a tank? How you handle stress is a big part of it. That's where the DI comes in. Ermey exaggerated the role but not by a huge amount.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Lee Removed from US Capital Brian37 6 806 December 21, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Statue of Lee to be removed from Va capital. Brian37 161 8053 June 16, 2020 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  RIP Stan Lee Foxaèr 1 370 November 13, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  ESPN pulls Robert Lee Neo-Scholastic 57 8790 August 25, 2017 at 2:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  RIP Christopher Lee Cyberman 18 4406 June 11, 2015 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Cyberman