Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does the science data say about firearms?
What does the science data say about firearms?
Unfortunately this is what comes from police reports, ER doctors, and Medical Examiners. And unfortunately this is also what the sane have known for DECADES. Guns may make someone feel safe, but the truth is the likelihood of injury and death, IS NOT from stranger on stranger self defense, but merely having one in the home.

Now, the sane reading this SHOULD spread this story in any social media you use, your local newspapers, TV stations, and your local, state and national officials. 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...nce-shows/
RE: What does the science data say about firearms?
(October 4, 2017 at 2:19 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Unfortunately this is what comes from police reports, ER doctors, and Medical Examiners. And unfortunately this is also what the sane have known for DECADES. Guns may make someone feel safe, but the truth is the likelihood of injury and death, IS NOT from stranger on stranger self defense, but merely having one in the home.

Now, the sane reading this SHOULD spread this story in any social media you use, your local newspapers, TV stations, and your local, state and national officials. 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...nce-shows/

Jerkoff 

I'm sure the "scientificamerican" all jumbled together on a web address is all the prauvanance you need to find that study legit and unquestionable because like in your theology arguements the simly the word "science" and whatever it can be tied to goes without question in your mind..

However in the real world the "scientificamerican" to me reeks of a special intrest group that used key words to tickled the simple minded thoughts and re enforces what they want to hear.

If you wanted a real study why not seek out a legit source and see what they had to say... oh, that's right because the legit sources contradict what you and your left wingnuts have to say.. For instance let look at what a harvard study had to say:
http://www.guns.com/2013/08/30/harvard-s...ent-crime/
Here is what the ACRU says about the study and offers more info:
http://www.theacru.org/harvard_study_gun...roductive/

And these are not even from a pro gun position. there are literally hundreds of studies that show gun ownership to be the total opposite from what your story says it is.

So why isn't your story in the newspapers? because even fake news knows better than to try an publish such a transparent anti gun propaganda POS story.
What's a "prauvanance"?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 4, 2017 at 2:41 pm)Drich Wrote: Jerkoff 

(October 4, 2017 at 2:47 pm)Cyberman Wrote: What's a "prauvanance"?

Maybe that's a pet name for what he has in his fist?
(October 4, 2017 at 2:47 pm)Cyberman Wrote: What's a "prauvanance"?

Provenance (from the French provenir, 'to come from/forth'), is the chronology of the ownership, custody, or location of a historical object.[1] The term was originally mostly used in relation to works of art, but is now used in similar senses in a wide range of fields, including archaeology, paleontology, archives, manuscripts, printed books, and science and computing. The primary purpose of tracing the provenance of an object or entity is normally to provide contextual and circumstantial evidence for its original production or discovery, by establishing, as far as practicable, its later history, especially the sequences of its formal ownership, custody, and places of storage. The practice has a particular value in helping authenticate objects. Comparative techniques, expert opinions, and the results of scientific tests may also be used to these ends, but establishing provenance is essentially a matter of documentation. The term dates to the 1780s in English. Provenance is conceptually comparable to the legal term chain of custody.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provenance
(October 4, 2017 at 2:41 pm)Drich Wrote: I'm sure the "scientificamerican" all jumbled together on a web address is all the prauvanance you need to find that study legit and unquestionable because like in your theology arguements the simly the word "science" and whatever it can be tied to goes without question in your mind..

Did you just use their domain name being two words as a reason to doubt their legitimacy?

Halt the servers boys, we ain't a legit forum until I register atheist-forums.org!
(October 4, 2017 at 3:02 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(October 4, 2017 at 2:41 pm)Drich Wrote: I'm sure the "scientificamerican" all jumbled together on a web address is all the prauvanance you need to find that study legit and unquestionable because like in your theology arguements the simly the word "science" and whatever it can be tied to goes without question in your mind..

Did you just use their domain name being two words as a reason to doubt their legitimacy?

Halt the servers boys, we ain't a legit forum until I register atheist-forums.org!

I simply question the origins of the story and asked the op if he did any 'proofing' or was the word "science" as it appeared in the web address proof enough?
Hey, dripshit.  When someone speaks of the "sane" they are not talking to you.
Obviously I'm not sane because I'm not giving up my gun nor am I telling any other good person to give up theirs.

What I want is a harder way of getting guns.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(October 4, 2017 at 3:31 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: Obviously I'm not sane because I'm not giving up my gun nor am I telling any other good person to give up theirs.

What I want is a harder way of getting guns.

BINGO........

This is the fucking lie the NRA, which only has 5 million members, while there are an estimated 55 million firearm owners whom WANT something done. 

I don't want all guns banned, but like you said as a gun owner, even you admit they are way too easy to get.

It is even utter nonsense that the NRA resists smart guns. I would think if you own one, you would not want someone stealing it and using it.

It isn't an issue of legal or illegal, one can be mentally ill, or a spouse abuser, or bigot or religiously motivated and have no record at time of buy, and then go on to murder others after a legal buy.

But still, nobody needs an AR15 and even the inventor's family said he never intended it for civilian use. Nor does anyone need high capacity clips.

But no, I am NOT against gun ownership itself. I just want some fucking sane laws that reduce firearm deaths.

John, whom goes by "Rubber Ducky" in the NFL Pick Em thread grew up with firearms in Oklahoma, still has a shotgun but he stopped supporting the NRA a long time ago because he says they went way off the rails.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 663 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  ciafbi have to say about ufo'hs Drich 122 4177 May 26, 2021 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  I can't believe she's so stupid as to say this out loud. onlinebiker 21 1421 January 10, 2021 at 10:55 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Michigan Bans Open Carry of Firearms at Polling Places onlinebiker 101 5520 October 29, 2020 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  You can't say that anymore. onlinebiker 89 6574 January 1, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Something They'll Never Say About The WLB! Minimalist 3 372 August 26, 2018 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Grade school girls can't say No when asked to dance brewer 94 5466 February 13, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Labor hid it's own data The Grand Nudger 8 1005 February 2, 2018 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  President of Phillipeans say he will kill 100,000 drug dealers and addicts. CapnAwesome 46 8936 July 14, 2016 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Why Evangelicals say US is no longer Christian Minimalist 7 1359 June 29, 2016 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne