Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade school girls can't say No when asked to dance
Grade school girls can't say No when asked to dance
I'll let the forum read the story and see what you think. I think it applies to boys also but that's not how the story is being sold.

ktla.com/2018/02/10/mom-upset-after-school-tells-6th-graders-they-cant-say-no-when-asked-to-dance/

Are people over reacting?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Grade school girls can't say No when asked to dance
That's weird AF.
LOL when I was in 6th grade we had compulsory PT in the morning. It was mostly just boring exercises under the hot sun. I hated it, some clever kids pretended to faint in the middle of it and they always got a seat under the shade. It was compulsory for us, I tried my best to pretend like I was sick or whatever to bunk it to no avail. I guess these dance classes are the American equivalent of our PT so yeah, does strike a bit like they're overreacting. It's going to be even more embarrassing for the kids haha
I went to a show where my eldest kid was made to dance with a girl.
The looks of utter hate he shot me for witnessing his humiliation spoke volumes.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

They have the right to say no. This sends a bad message, not being able to say "no".
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I wonder what their policy is on turning down requests for sexual favors? I might have taken more chances younger with such a policy.
Outside of the republicunt party some of the dumbest people alive today seem to have found employment as school administrators.
(February 11, 2018 at 11:56 am)Minimalist Wrote: Outside of the republicunt party some of the dumbest people alive today seem to have found employment as school administrators.

You don't know the half of it.  Just the worst.
Do boys have to dance with a boy who asks ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Oh, look...it's in Utah. How shocking.

The dance is voluntary and the rule applies to all students, but a "CAN'T SAY NO" rule certainly contradicts what most parents try to instill in their children about having bodily autonomy/ having a choice about engaging in bodily contact that makes them uncomfortable. 
Not to mention, it doesn't teach them squat about about learning to deal with the reality of rejection. It's an exercise in poor judgement on behalf of school officials, in my view. So I'd voice my concerns/make waves.

Also, my burning question in regards to the Can't Say No policy is...
"Or what?"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 664 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 26981 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5831 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  ciafbi have to say about ufo'hs Drich 122 4183 May 26, 2021 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  I can't believe she's so stupid as to say this out loud. onlinebiker 21 1421 January 10, 2021 at 10:55 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 2582 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  You can't say that anymore. onlinebiker 89 6576 January 1, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1357 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  School of Hard Rock Hotel knocks. Brian37 5 650 October 15, 2019 at 5:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Girls Vs. Boys: Brain Differences Might Explain Tech Behaviors EgoDeath 25 1633 September 26, 2019 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie