Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:53 am

Poll: What if there were less of these fucking tiring hypothetical 'what if' threads?
This poll is closed.
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
8.70%
2 8.70%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
8.70%
2 8.70%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Fuck all polls.
8.70%
2 8.70%
Fuck all polls.
4.35%
1 4.35%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if there were less of these fucking tiring 'what if' threads?
What if there were less of these fucking tiring 'what if' threads?
Well?!

FUCKING WELL?!??!??

KUDOS DON'T CUT IT GIVE ME SOME FRIGGING ANSWERS (mmm "frigging" *drools*) YOU GUYS!

. . . but please don't remove the kudos.
RE: What if there were less of these fucking tiring 'what if' threads?
I'd be horrified if there were less of any threads.

The word is 'fewer'.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
But what if magic?? Then what? Would you want fewer/less magic?
(October 14, 2017 at 9:19 pm)Cyberman Wrote: I'd be horrified if there were less of any threads.

The word is 'fewer'.

I suck with that. Same with the whole who/whom thing.

(October 14, 2017 at 9:21 pm)Whateverist Wrote: But what if magic??  Then what?  Would you want fewer/less magic?

Fewer magic but less magicka? Tongue
Guys, hypothetical.

What if you woke up next to Kim Jong-un on an airplane over Haiti wearing only your undies!
Kim is also wearing a rubber mask of Trump and speaks fluent Swahili? Oh, and he's eating KFC?

You open the cockpit and there's 3 chimps wearing noise cancelling headphones with serious faces flying the airbus. But they only speak Cantonese?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I would cease masturbating immediately.
(October 14, 2017 at 9:23 pm)Hammy Wrote:
(October 14, 2017 at 9:19 pm)Cyberman Wrote: I'd be horrified if there were less of any threads.

The word is 'fewer'.

I suck with that. Same with the whole who/whom thing.

(October 14, 2017 at 9:21 pm)Whateverist Wrote: But what if magic??  Then what?  Would you want fewer/less magic?

In this case, less magic. If the word you're qualifying is a countable noun, say bricks or threads, something to which a number could be attached, you use 'fewer'. Otherwise it's 'less'. So 'fewer magic wands', 'less magic'.

[Image: SimplesMeerkat.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 14, 2017 at 9:39 pm)Hammy Wrote: I would cease masturbating immediately.

I'd have to, out of habit, finish the job off.
I'd suppose, in my mind, I'd have to move to the cockpit.

What if you had to choose between Kim Jong and a chimpanzee for a sexual partner?
There's a difference?

Well, apart from the chimp being less warlike, obviously.

(See what I did there?)
(October 14, 2017 at 9:43 pm)Cyberman Wrote:
(October 14, 2017 at 9:23 pm)Hammy Wrote: I suck with that. Same with the whole who/whom thing.

In this case, less magic. If the word you're qualifying is a countable noun, say bricks or threads, something to which a number could be attached, you use 'fewer'. Otherwise it's 'less'. So 'fewer magic wands', 'less magic'.

[Image: SimplesMeerkat.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip]

Ah right. I guessed as much but so few people say 'fewer' that I never really bothered looking into it.

It's like... most people would consider me a total pleb if I said 'whom' whenever it was correct to. So many people say 'who' in every case that I pretty much don't bother. Emphasizing common usage over techical correctness. Even with writing formally in letters as I write as I talk and refuse to be formal if it's not how I would speak.

So I sorta do the same thing for 'fewer' I think. Then again I am not you and you would seem weird if you didn't use the correct English, you wordsmith, you. I by comparison am just a dingleberry.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you were alone on the planet, what would you do? Fake Messiah 59 4235 May 15, 2020 at 10:50 am
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Where were you during important historical events? The Valkyrie 23 1841 September 21, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Gotta Love These Finns Minimalist 5 455 November 25, 2018 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  We were so poor .... 1st world edition. ignoramus 25 1190 October 18, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What were they thinking? vorlon13 13 907 August 20, 2018 at 9:04 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Less Politics, More This (Again) BrianSoddingBoru4 2 264 July 28, 2018 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Describe yourself by what you were in previous life Fake Messiah 28 1446 May 17, 2018 at 6:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  William Lane Craig Is Less Important Than Tetris Edwardo Piet 2 379 May 3, 2018 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Lets Make Copycat threads obsolete again. Brian37 5 766 April 16, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  You ain’t from Iowa if you never had one of these vorlon13 2 679 November 18, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: brewer