Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experiences with Prayer
Experiences with Prayer
Has anyone had any experiences with prayer before?

I know there was this one time I prayed for Peace in the Middle East...

"People need heroes. They don't need to know how he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy. The real story would just hurt sales, and dampen the spirits of our customers." - Mythology for Profit
RE: Experiences with Prayer
I learned about evolution in Junior High. I was disturbed by the thought that i might just be a hairless ape. So i prayed to god to make me better than an ape. He heard my prayers and made me an atheist.
Yeah i know someone who has an experience with prayer. A close friend of mine lost her mother a few weeks ago. Her and her friends gathered in a prayer group, not to talk to her spirit but to pray and reflect on her life while reading passages of scripture.

She was devastated, and this prayer group relieved her grief like nothing else could have, probably saving her months of torment.

Yeah prayer is delusion. So what ?
A girl at our school recently died in a car accident, and everybody would just pray all day long. It's all we'd do. I wouldn't do it, though. I feel very sorry for her and her family, and I want what's best for them. But I'm not closing my eyes and asking an invisible man in the sky to make it all better.
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
Quote:So what ?

Too many people think its real.
Prayer is real, I know I've experienced it's reality and no one can say anything to take that away from me.I know what's coming, the same junk as before, so bring it have your laugh so it can be done with.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
What about people who have has specific experiences of Allah declaring the trinity false? That's obviously reality too right?

You keep clinging to your safety blanket, i'm not laughing at you though, I feel sorry for you.
I went to a church revival when I was about 12 years old. Someone's family member died recently, so the preacher made everybody channel their "prayer energy" to this particular family. At one point, I thought I saw God. Then I realized I had fallen asleep in church because I was sick. Tongue
"If your god has to make peace with me in my final hour when he has my whole lifetime to prove his existence to me...do you think I should bother?"

"But the happiness of an atheist is neither the vacuous enjoyment of a fool, nor the short-lived pleasure of a rogue. It is rather the expression of a disposition that has ceased to torture itself with foolish fancies, or perplex itself with useless beliefs." - Chapman Cohen
One time I prayed so hard that a blood vessel burst in my eye. That's the last time I pray for extra Tomato Ketchup.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
I have tried the whole read the bible and prayer thing Christians I know tell me about. Christians I know say when you read the bible, you allow the holy spirit to work in you and interept scripture for you.

The results are mixed when it comes to prayer, when it comes to reading the bible. When it came to the reading the bible bit, I believe Satan not the Holy Spirit was working through me, unles God is really the bad guy and Satan the just rebel.
undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2755 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 641 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Intercessory prayer is pointless RobbyPants 93 9999 October 27, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members I_am_not_mafia 132 16111 May 26, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  God limits himself to working through prayer phoenix31 14 3553 January 28, 2017 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The problem with prayer. Gawdzilla 286 25427 August 31, 2016 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Incognito
Heart The power of prayer JBrentonK 87 14840 October 16, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Share your experiences with God ErGingerbreadMandude 37 6867 August 14, 2015 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Anon Khan
  Stupid, selfish prayer requests Aroura 13 4306 May 31, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Fallacies in an "Answered Prayer" explanation? Clueless Morgan 33 7452 April 26, 2015 at 1:48 am
Last Post: robvalue