Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There goes Kevin Spacey's career (Sexual misconduct)
There goes Kevin Spacey's career (Sexual misconduct)
A week-ish ago I read about one accusation against Spacey.  At the time I thought, one accusation does not a sexual predator make.  People make poor judgement calls and mistakes.
Then, the floodgates open.  A number of people, a few from as long as 10 years ago, but some that he currently works(ed) with on House of Cards, are now accusing him of innapropriate touching, groping, and agressive sexxual behavior.

Sigh.

It's is right that Netflix let him go.  I'm just so disappointed that this behavior is so prevalent!  Like, sooo many people turn out to be disturbingly sexually aggressive.  I get that in people who seek fame it may be more common as part of the personality type, but yeash.  I look at young actors I like now and think, when is it going to turn out to be one of you next?

Quote:Another alleged victim of harassment by Spacey, the Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos, said that Spacey had preyed on men while he was artistic director at the Old Vic. That account was supported by several other accounts in the Guardian from actors and former staff at the theatre, who claimed that Spacey’s inappropriate behaviour was widely known, and that the theatre had turned a blind eye to it.

The allegations against Spacey have continued to take a toll on his professional activities. On Thursday, both Spacey’s publicist, Staci Wolfe, and his talent representative Creative Artists Agency, 
, while the Dutch bank ING announced on Friday that it had cancelled a planned appearance by Spacey at a business conference it was organising in Rotterdam.
News Article detailing the accusations, fallout, and investigations so far
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
RE: There goes Kevin Spacey's career (Sexual misconduct)
Everyone in America should look up Jimmy Savile in the UK because this is how it will go down. I've been saying it since Bill Cosby was exposed. Expect a number of your childhood heroes to be exposed as sexual predators. Expect more because celebrities are worshiped in America and thus get away with far more.
I'm sure it is the tip of the iceberg.  When men attain power they seem to think that they can only employ it through their dicks.  Let's not forget that the president is as guilty as any of the others.
Suggestion for the bartenders working the next Golden Globe Awards: pour triples.
I feel like this is especially crazy bc of the movie American Beauty where he was the main character. For those who haven't seen it, it's about how everyone tries to put on this facade of the perfect life and "American dream", while really, we all harbour secrets and an ugly side. In the movie, he was a grown man who was sexually attracted to his daughter's teenage friend. And his neighbor was an in the closet gay.

It's like foreshadowing to his real life or something.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Yeah I saw that movie. That was a good movie. I know Kevin Spacey's name but I never remember what he looks like or what movies he was in. Thanks for letting me know one of them. Although I don't think his role, or anyone's roles, really made the movie. It was just a watchable movie overall.
(November 4, 2017 at 12:12 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Everyone in America should look up Jimmy Savile in the UK because this is how it will go down. I've been saying it since Bill Cosby was exposed. Expect a number of your childhood heroes to be exposed as sexual predators. Expect more because celebrities are worshiped in America and thus get away with far more.

Well, that and Americans being the offspring of several generations' worth of the rejects of every other nation on Earth and living in a deeply fucked up culture (I say this as a Yank myself) certainly can't help.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(November 4, 2017 at 12:12 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Expect a number of your childhood heroes to be exposed as sexual predators. Expect more because celebrities are worshiped in America and thus get away with far more.

I only expect that someone accuses Michael Bay for harassment. That would be such a great opportunity to get rid of that mega asshole so that not only he finally stops making those excrements, but that they get all destroyed forever. But let's face it there is no god so this will not happen.

Also I remember back in the late 90s I was in some bookstore leafing trough some magazine when a photo interview with Schwarzenegger came up where he started groping the woman that was interviewing him. He was like really up to her skirt fondling her legs and she wrote about him "he turned into a real hot dog" and yet no accusations on him.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(November 4, 2017 at 2:44 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I feel like this is especially crazy bc of the movie American Beauty where he was the main character. For those who haven't seen it, it's about how everyone tries to put on this facade of the perfect life and "American dream", while really, we all harbour secrets and an ugly side. In the movie, he was a grown man who was sexually attracted to his daughter's teenage friend. And his neighbor was an in the closet gay.

It's like foreshadowing to his real life or something.

I remember him making something up a few years ago about being mugged on Hampstead heath, he withdrew his accusation as I remember. What he was doing there at 4am is any ones guess.
And also like father like son you "if women can't take degrading jokes about them then they don't belong on the workforce and should work at kindergarten"

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When Darwin goes on a date with Karma ignoramus 4 263 April 19, 2021 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What will you do when GM goes all electric? onlinebiker 38 1442 January 30, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Joe Biden facing sexual assault allegations Agnostico 48 3485 May 3, 2020 at 5:12 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Pence goes on "Poor Me" tour.... Brian37 52 2047 May 13, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Saudi Arabia: Reports of torture and sexual harassment of detained activists WinterHold 0 207 January 27, 2019 at 4:56 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  One Trump Loving Confederate Asshole Goes Down In Flames Minimalist 25 3009 November 8, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Melania Trump says Sexual Assault victims shouldn't report unless they have evidence Divinity 116 12105 October 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Justin Trudeau Goes On American Television To Protest Trump's Tariffs Amarok 11 878 June 6, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Sexual Harassment Plagues Canadian Parliament And Senate Amarok 1 632 February 2, 2018 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Blind Warden gets 4 years for sexual assault Mr.Obvious 2 739 January 11, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist