Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self-driving shuttle bus in crash on first day.
Self-driving shuttle bus in crash on first day.
It makes me extremely happy when I read these things. Will no one think of the lorry drivers.

Warning! Cherry picking ahead!

Quote:An incident involving a Tesla Model S, which has some autonomous functions, killed a man in 2016. An investigation ruled that computer failings were partly to blame. Tesla was instructed to make the limitations of its technology clearer to drivers.

I remember years ago, the bloke who invented jogging died of a heart attack while out jogging. I never laughed so much since me granny caught her tits in the wringer.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
RE: Self-driving shuttle bus in crash on first day.
We'll know that civilization is ending when they invent the first robot lawyer to handle the lawsuits!
(November 9, 2017 at 5:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote: We'll know that civilization is ending when they invent the first robot lawyer to handle the lawsuits!

Pardon? Are you implying that civilization has actually started?  Huh
We might just skip it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
This bodes ill for Project Sex-bot.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Right. One second you're getting the blow job of your life, then someone hacks into the software and its jaws snap shut.

BoT, this article points out that removing the loose nut behind the wheel will improve driving safety.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(November 9, 2017 at 9:28 pm)Fireball Wrote: Right. One second you're getting the blow job of your life, then someone hacks into the software and its jaws snap shut.

BoT, this article points out that removing the loose nut behind the wheel will improve driving safety.

And the technology to implement this system will cost how much? And a sat data link failure will result in what? Ok, British Rail or what ever they are called now are rightly mocked, but I can still get a return from Edinburgh to London for fifty quid. My view is; first get human pilots out of commercial airlines and prove this automation concept is feasible.
Always remember. Who gains from the implementation of this new technology. Follow the money.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
I'm not getting into a self driver until they can down load morals.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 9, 2017 at 10:18 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I'm not getting into a self driver until they can down load morals.

Not too surprising this shit happened. Two years ago, Volvo tried to demonstrate a self-parking car. Unfortunately, it ploughed into the journalists who were there to cover it. Fortunately, the guys who stood in its way seem to have been unharmed. Apparently, it turned out that passenger detection technology was apparently a premium feature that the driver had to pay for, but apparently, they didn't. Let me repeat that: passenger detection, a crucial feature for a self-driving car, was an optional feature and you have to pay more money to the car manufacturers to keep your car from going all Christine.

And here's the video:

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Yep... software's only as good as the fallible people who write it. Never better.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boeing 737-800 Airliner Crash in China HappySkeptic 0 180 March 21, 2022 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  BMW to build self driving motorcycle onlinebiker 12 709 July 9, 2021 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  They’re All Fucking Short-Bus People brewer 20 1206 May 21, 2021 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Subway crash in Mexico City. Brian37 11 893 May 4, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  More from the self intitled white anti maskers. Brian37 57 2663 April 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Distracted Driving Penalties BrianSoddingBoru4 31 1150 November 14, 2020 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Sal
  Trump Train runs Biden Bus out of Texas! WinterHold 18 1267 November 2, 2020 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Kobe Bryant dead from Helicopter crash Brian37 190 16823 February 24, 2020 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 535 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Banksy painting self-destructs after selling at auction for $1.4 million Seraphina 6 802 October 7, 2018 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama