Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's in your kitchen junk drawer?
What's in your kitchen junk drawer?
Maybe it's just a family thing but I've had one in every kitchen since childhood. A drawer for all those odds and ends that just don't have another place. This does not include the contents of the kitchen utensil junk drawer. 

These are in mine.

A small sewing kit
3 kinds of tape: duct, packing. cellophane
3 kinds of glue: epoxy, wood, super
3 pliers: one with a wire cutter, needle nose, plumbers
2 screw drivers
binder clips
2 C batteries (we have no C size electronics)
4 quick clips
picture hanging wire (never used for a picture)
dental floss
travel size hand sanitizer
assortment of small nails screws
ball of string and twine
2 small bungee chords
matches

What is in yours?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: What's in your kitchen junk drawer?
They're all empty.
Batteries, drywall screws, epoxy UV curing resin (love the stuff!) wire nuts, electrical tape, zip ties and the electronic 'fences' for the Roomba.

Maybe some cat toys too . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Junk.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Sewing kit
batteries
grocery lists
pens
super glue
Flashlight
Small screw driver
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Screwdrivers, doorknobs, a minion toy, a wahl razor, and poppy seeds. "Jimi's Snowglobes".
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Pens, pencils, sticky notes, crayolas, a small yellow rose made of wood, a deck of playing cards, a hose pipe nozzle, a bit of paper with a phone number on it (could be mine, not sure), hooks for Christmas tree ornaments, a CD with a crack in it, a control for a heating pad, and three small plastic dinosaurs.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I have two junk drawers, primarily because this house lacks much storage anywhere else.

Take out and delivery menus, screwdrivers, thumbtacks, wall hanging hardware, zip ties, pens, batteries, battery chargers, a small hammer, drill bits, spare keys, a padlock, a box of pencils, candle lighter, a Swiss army knife, countless rubber bands and paperclips, and a box of drywall screws.

The good stuff is in the garage junk cabinet
I don't have a junk drawer in my kitchen. All the sundry junk winds up in my purse for some reason.

-Teresa
(November 19, 2017 at 6:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Pens, pencils, sticky notes, crayolas, a small yellow rose made of wood, a deck of playing cards, a hose pipe nozzle, a bit of paper with a phone number on it (could be mine, not sure), hooks for Christmas tree ornaments, a CD with a crack in it, a control for a heating pad, and three small plastic dinosaurs.

Boru

This one may win for most interesting.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Walking in" restaurant kitchen lingo. Brian37 11 647 July 31, 2021 at 11:37 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What's the best frozen junk food? John V 42 3898 April 15, 2018 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  First time I ran into this mass conspiracy junk. Brian37 13 2031 November 23, 2014 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Thug Kitchen thesummerqueen 0 1058 April 3, 2013 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  I love Pundit Kitchen Eilonnwy 2 1280 August 21, 2009 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet