Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moderates make me feel happy
Moderates make me feel happy
I have a romanian language teacher who's a moderate orthodox christian. Yesterday she told us about a literary movement the romanian history, in which religion was used a lot. She told us that some used religion to manipulate. "Nothing new", I thought. Anyway, she said that we shouldn't take every single bible verse for granted, and that no religion is superior to others. I agree that all religions are just as good, that's why I'm an atheist.
Moderates are on one hand smarter than fundamentalists, on the other hand dumber. Moderates recognise (more or less) their book as shit, fundies aren't able to, but they actually follow the rules of their code. There are some rules which even they don't follow, but they're afraid to question them, they're afraid of Hell. Modies don't have that fear, they only fear that they'll be in the minority, they fear that they need to believe in a God. The modies I know don't do anything whatsoever to stop the fundies, sometimes they don't even avoid their extremist speeches. These modies are such pussies, I can just as well call them moodies (get it? from moody). They make me feel so happy! They make me laugh.
This reminds me of The emperor's new clothes. The fundies are like the emperor, easy to fool, afraid that if they don't have faith they'll be idiots, and the moodies are like the folk, they know the truth, but are too afraid to do anything about it because they fear they won't fit in. Nonbelievers are like the child who said out loud that the emperor is naked, they recognize the bullshit and are honest about it (not all say it out loud, but at the very least they're honest with themselves). Just like the child, they're in the minority, and most atheists are young. The reason for this is that the youth is generally more open minded, and now we have more sources of information than ever.
My comparison doesn't apply on every single person, some atheists choosed to be so only to be rebels, some moderates do something against fundamentalisms, but generally it's how I've described it.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: Moderates make me feel happy
Quote: I agree that all religions are just as good,

Or just as bad!
Moderators make me feel happy

TFTFY
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Um........ I bet she means that no "Christian" religion is superior than others.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 8, 2017 at 4:19 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Moderators make me feel happy

TFTFY

NM.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
A man went to see a wise man to gain enlightenment.
"How to I gain enlightenment?" he asked.
"To gain enlightenment you must first learn all of your faults" replied the wise man.
"How to I find out my faults" asked the seeker.
"Never fear" said the wise man " just go home to your wife and criticise one thing about her" He paused.
"You will soon there after be in possession of a comprehensive list of not only your faults, but your mothers faults and your fathers faults...."

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 8, 2017 at 8:35 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Um........ I bet she means that no "Christian" religion is superior than others.

I doubt it. She said out loud that it doesn't matter if you're christian, buddhist or muslim.

Charlie Chaplin
(December 9, 2017 at 8:31 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: A man went to see a wise man to gain enlightenment.
"How to I gain enlightenment?" he asked.
"To gain enlightenment you must first learn all of your faults" replied the wise man.
"How to I find out my faults" asked the seeker.
"Never fear" said the wise man " just go home to your wife and criticise one thing about her" He paused.
"You will soon there after be in possession of a comprehensive list of not only your faults, but your mothers faults and your fathers faults...."

I see I missed, this was supposed to go in the joke thread

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 10, 2017 at 5:30 am)Die Atheistin Wrote:
(December 8, 2017 at 8:35 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Um........ I bet she means that no "Christian" religion is superior than others.

I doubt it. She said out loud that it doesn't matter if you're christian, buddhist or muslim.

Ask her about the snake handlers.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 10, 2017 at 8:20 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(December 10, 2017 at 5:30 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: I doubt it. She said out loud that it doesn't matter if you're christian, buddhist or muslim.

Ask her about the snake handlers.

She might reply: "Of course that surviving after touching venonous snakes isn't proof that God exists. You're supposed to imagine that this happens to get comfort, because reality is scary and we need to be part of the herd".

Charlie Chaplin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are some moderates insistent on religious rituals? Der/die AtheistIn 18 1381 February 5, 2019 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  What do moderates think Jesus died for? Der/die AtheistIn 119 10917 January 16, 2019 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Does everyone else feel dizzy from the lights in Church? Der/die AtheistIn 15 2382 December 11, 2017 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How do you feel dyresand 224 22043 December 10, 2014 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Ubuntu - I am happy because my neighbors are happy. Brakeman 2 1432 September 3, 2013 at 8:36 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Why I feel Stuck in Christianity themonkeyman 50 15643 August 13, 2013 at 7:31 am
Last Post: ITChick
  Why do you think atheists feel judged by Christians WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth 45 20400 April 1, 2012 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth
  Why do some Christians feel the need to lie? reverendjeremiah 15 8076 January 2, 2012 at 4:22 am
Last Post: Aegrus
  Is this guy gonna feel foolish on may 22nd downbeatplumb 46 17391 May 20, 2011 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas