Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does everyone else feel dizzy from the lights in Church?
Does everyone else feel dizzy from the lights in Church?
The inner of a church is mostly dark with some lights, this makes me sometimes feel dizzy. Does anyone else feel the same?
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: Does everyone else feel dizzy from the lights in Church?
The ones I've been to were never dark unless they were doing some "candle light" thing.

This gives you an out with your parents for going to church. Start falling down or throwing up every time you go to church claiming that you're dizzy. 

Be careful though. Don't take it to the point where they want to perform an exorcism. HAH!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 10, 2017 at 8:43 am)mh.brewer Wrote: The ones I've been to were never dark unless they were doing some "candle light" thing.

This gives you an out with your parents for going to church. Start falling down or throwing up every time you go to church claiming that you're dizzy. 

Be careful though. Don't take it to the point where they want to perform an exorcism. HAH!

Only recently I started to feel dizzy in Church. Only a little and just for a few moments. I've been to a catholic church the last Sundays with dad, only there I felt dizzy. I don't feel dizzy in orthodox churches. It might be due to the fact that im not used to catholic churches.
If I told my parents about this, they would reply that I need time to get used to it. If I tried to fake falling or throwing up, they might get it's fake.
But don't worry, after I'll become financially stable I'll use the dizziness as an argument.

Charlie Chaplin
(December 10, 2017 at 8:51 am)Die Atheistin Wrote:
(December 10, 2017 at 8:43 am)mh.brewer Wrote: The ones I've been to were never dark unless they were doing some "candle light" thing.

Only recently I started to feel dizzy in Church. Only a little and just for a few moments. I've been to a catholic church the last Sundays with dad, only there I felt dizzy. I don't feel dizzy in orthodox churches. It might be due to the fact that im not used to catholic churches.
If I told my parents about this, they would reply that I need time to get used to it. If I tried to fake falling or throwing up, they might get it's fake.
But don't worry, after I'll become financially stable I'll use the dizziness as an argument.

I have no clue what the difference is between catholic and orthodox. I thought they were pretty much the same. Apparently the lighting different.
Only when the accelerant ignites too quickly.

What?
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 10, 2017 at 9:01 am)mh.brewer Wrote: I have no clue what the difference is between catholic and orthodox. I thought they were pretty much the same. Apparently the lighting different.

The Catholic Church has bigger windows and relies more on sunlight while the orthodox has smaller windows and more candles. Orthodox priests are allowed to marry, but only before they become priests. They're also not allowed to remarry if they divorce or their wifes die. There's no such thing as Purgatory in the orthodox faith. 
Other than that there are many organizatory and arhitectural differences.

Charlie Chaplin
(December 10, 2017 at 9:14 am)Die Atheistin Wrote:
(December 10, 2017 at 9:01 am)mh.brewer Wrote: I have no clue what the difference is between catholic and orthodox. I thought they were pretty much the same. Apparently the lighting different.

The Catholic Church has bigger windows and relies more on sunlight while the orthodox has smaller windows and more candles. Orthodox priests are allowed to marry, but only before they become priests. They're also not allowed to remarry if they divorce or their wifes die. There's no such thing as Purgatory in the orthodox faith. 

I think I'll choose to remain blissfully ignorant. Stop trying to make me dizzy!
The great majority of my experience has to do with Catholic churches.  As I recall, they tended to be pretty bright.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 10, 2017 at 9:17 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(December 10, 2017 at 9:14 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: The Catholic Church has bigger windows and relies more on sunlight while the orthodox has smaller windows and more candles. Orthodox priests are allowed to marry, but only before they become priests. They're also not allowed to remarry if they divorce or their wifes die. There's no such thing as Purgatory in the orthodox faith. 

I think I'll choose to remain blissfully ignorant. Stop trying to make me dizzy!

It's good to know your enemies.

(December 10, 2017 at 9:18 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The great majority of my experience has to do with Catholic churches.  As I recall, they tended to be pretty bright.

Boru

Maybe that's the reason I feel dizzy, the orthodox ones aren't as bright.

Charlie Chaplin
You may have found a new medical condition. Religious vertigo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1241 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Two audio books for Christians (and, everyone else) Jehanne 3 574 January 16, 2019 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Moderates make me feel happy Der/die AtheistIn 9 1985 December 10, 2017 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  For Christians (or anyone else) who deny Darwinian evolution. Jehanne 334 44550 November 6, 2017 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Any one else watch The Last Days of Jesus on PBS ? vorlon13 9 2581 April 16, 2017 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4154 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  How do you feel dyresand 224 22177 December 10, 2014 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why I feel Stuck in Christianity themonkeyman 50 15644 August 13, 2013 at 7:31 am
Last Post: ITChick
  Looking for Something Else and Stumbled Across This. Minimalist 2 1090 July 4, 2013 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Church update:children's church k2490 15 10518 June 26, 2013 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Rahul