Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do some Christians feel the need to lie?
Why do some Christians feel the need to lie?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNCQIkvdz...re=related

Why do Christians feel the need to lie, and make up stories like this? She speaks about some of these "events" as if she was witnessing them first hand from the eyes of LeVey himself, which is a MAJOR red flag that she is just making shit up.

Anyone who has read the introduction to the satanic bible published in 2000 or later will read about Anton's death from those who were there to witness it, and not once did he do or say anything this woman suggests that he did.

She also said "satanists worship death...its a great victory for them...and use it to pass on their powers".

this woman hasnt even taken the time to read the satanic bible. The members are atheists who act like satanists just to scare the shit out of Christians. They dont believe in magical powers, nor that death passes on "powers" to someone else. atheists, as do LeVayan stanaists, do NOT celebrate and worship death. They DISPISE the idea of death. LeVey said he didnt want to die, he considered life as one big party and he didnt want to miss seeing his son grow up.

So..I ask again...why do some Christians feel the need to lie about things like this?
RE: Why do some Christians feel the need to lie?
Because these stories can neither be confirmed or denied, since the person involved is always invariably dead. It's the exact same tactic they've been using for hundreds of years; vilify them whilst they are alive, and then claim they had a "deathbed conversion" when they die. It happened to Darwin, it happened here, and it'll probably happen to lots of people (Hitchens, Dawkins, etc).
It's been in their doctrine for over 2000 years why change it now....it's become a habit! Anything to protect the faith!
I agree...they have to keep the meme going, and making up blatant lies even when proof to the contrary has be given, helps it.

You dont see atheists making up lies like this.
(January 1, 2012 at 4:42 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: You dont see atheists making up lies like this.

We don't have inflexible doctrine and dogma to protect.

(January 1, 2012 at 4:49 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(January 1, 2012 at 4:42 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: You dont see atheists making up lies like this.

Speaking of which, how is your cult doing?

How is Rh'le this time of year?
(January 1, 2012 at 5:04 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote:
(January 1, 2012 at 4:49 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:

Speaking of which, how is your cult doing?

How is Rh'le this time of year?

Tasty.

Why single out Christians?

ALL human beings lie, often.

To assert the silly woman in the video lies BECAUSE she is Christian is an ad hominem,a basic logical fallacy.. (if indeed she is lying,she may be sincere for all we know)

It's logically valid to say she seems to be lying and/or mistaken/deluded/pig ignorant/stupid AND a Christian. Although any or all of those things are certainly common among Christians, I've seen no evidence that they are causal agents. I DO concede such things are a distinct advantage in being a believer and staying one..Tiger
Has anyone else ever noticed that many, many of the more famous preachers and religious nuts all claim to come from a horrifying background? Something like: "I was an atheist, did drugs, banged prostitutes until I heard the WORD of the LORD and I stopped hating god."
I'm (not so) amazed at how often I hear variations of this story. It must be why they often confuse atheistm with someone who hates or is angry with god or some such rubbish.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Quote:why do some Christians feel the need to lie about things like this?

Because the dolts expect it. Facts frighten them. They are comfortable with their bullshit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do I need to be saved? zwanzig 15 1107 August 3, 2023 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 12957 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Need some help. mrunk1975 31 3340 September 25, 2021 at 9:12 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5047 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What does the lamb lie with? robvalue 42 2784 April 10, 2019 at 2:20 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5799 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Why are some moderates insistent on religious rituals? Der/die AtheistIn 18 1370 February 5, 2019 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7782 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Would They Die for a Lie? YahwehIsTheWay 95 12599 December 27, 2018 at 11:10 pm
  Too Soon For a Lie YahwehIsTheWay 14 2585 December 5, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X