Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope doesn't trust God......
Pope doesn't trust God......
Not that there is such a critter by any label of any religion.

But, keeps proving my point, from the dead sea scrolls prior to the concoction of Christianity, Takes over 1,000 years to finally compile the first complete bible, and the church still has to VOTE on the books they put in and the ones they leave out. Ok, so an all powerful God cant get that right off the bat? 

And now the Pope does it once again, wants to reprint all the new versions with different wording of the "Lord's Prayer"

"Lead us not into temptation"

Pope's reason, "The lord wouldn't do that"....

Seems possible if he is "all powerful" and Isaiah 45:7  "I create good, I create evil, I the lord do all these things". 

Point being, as the same with Jews and Muslims, those books were written for THOSE PEOPLE back then, in an age where ROYAL families mistook their good fortune as coming from a super natural place. 

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/12/10...ds-prayer/
RE: Pope doesn't trust God......
Sounds like a new schism waiting to happen!
I love the smell of schism in the morning . . .

It smells like

victory !
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

If people can't figure out that these churches (RCC, in this case) are just making up shit as they go along, I guess they should continue to be fleeced.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I'm just waiting for the pope to say
you know i don't think this god of the bible does exist a different god(s) exist but i don't know.
That would cause such a break in the Abrahamic religions it wouldn't be funny.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Isn't this old news? I mean, I remember something about the pope saying something similar last year.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I think he just likes pissing off the old farts.
(December 11, 2017 at 2:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I think he just likes pissing off the old farts.

No, I think he like every holy leader of every religion wants to feel important. 

If you get caught in bullshit, you move the goal posts. EVERY religion pulls this, including those of Asia.

The Dali Lama can claim all he wants Buddhism teaches peace, but cant escape the violence of Asia/orient either. 

Holy people are not the patent holders of our species behaviors, they are simply humans who sell the mythology of antiquity and sell them as a cure.
The Pope should stick to what he knows best = being a bar bouncer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It doesn't matter what you think Pope. Brian37 21 1336 April 5, 2021 at 9:26 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Pope sued Foxaèr 12 883 November 29, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Abortion Stats - Something doesn't add up. Minimalist 15 1421 November 23, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Pope Francis Abuse Scandal Catholic_Lady 101 10386 September 5, 2018 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Fucking Moron Just Doesn't Know Anything Minimalist 9 1136 June 8, 2018 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why Doesn't The Pro-Birth Crowd Address This? Minimalist 11 1093 June 1, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Don't Trust Management (or Trump) If Their Lips Are Moving Minimalist 0 221 May 22, 2018 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Turd Doesn't Fall Far From The Asshole Minimalist 10 1768 March 23, 2018 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Doesn't PETA have something better to do? brewer 33 2385 March 12, 2018 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  The pope hasn't read the bible. Succubus 1 499 January 24, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Chad32