Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Directive Un, Part Duex...no trois..no....
Space Directive Un, Part Duex...no trois..no....
Here is a link to a credible source
http://spacenews.com/president-to-sign-s...ve-monday/

-aaaaand heres a whole lot more fun.
Quote:So why does the fucknut currently squatting in the Obamas’ house want to go to the moon? Join us in speculation:
  • He wants to add “First President to send men to the moon” to his unrivaled list of many, many, great accomplishments, really, so much more than any other president. Winning bigly!

• Someone told him he can find clean Space Coal on the moon.

• Because that sweet sweet Space Pussy ain’t gonna grab itself.

• The moon is outside of Mueller’s jurisdiction.

• Ivanka is about to launch a line of cheap moon rocket parts made in China.

• Putin told him to.
https://wonkette.com/626836/donald-trump...o-the-moon

Kidding aside, I feel as if this "to the moon again - and then mars" business is getting old.  We meant it once upon a time, and what that effort showed us was that you don;t get there unless you mean it.  This will be the third consecutive administration to mouth such a policy, and if the last two are any indication..this will be the third consecutive administration to chronically underfund it's objectives. We've been "going back to the moon" for nigh on fifteen years now, not that anyone could tell...what with having to hitch rides into orbit like common space bums.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Space Directive Un, Part Duex...no trois..no....
Oh my god... really space coal... there is no coal on the moon because there was no trees or ever was trees on it.
But there are rare minerals but this... is just... i really don't know...
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
So who's going to pay for it? It sure won't be be billionaires or the corporations who are getting the big tax cuts. It sure won't be Congress which can't even pass a normal budget. China will get to the moon before the US will.
[Image: _BpM_m___Wk___KGrHqYH_CYEuZ0OMcR_BLqTMBQrKQ___1.JPG]
Dying to live, living to die.
I don't miss the manned missions, but the public stays more invested in the space program if you include some manned missions. I think manned missions to mars are an extravagance we don't need, however.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 11, 2017 at 6:16 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: So who's going to pay for it?  It sure won't be be billionaires or the corporations who are getting the big tax cuts.  It sure won't be Congress which can't even pass a normal budget.   China will get to the moon before the US will.

They'll probably just cut taxes some more on the job creators and the increase in production should do the rest.[/sarcasm]
Helium 3 would be (hopefully) the 21st century version of coal.

Apparently it's potentially 'easy' to mine on the moon, scrape up surface dust, heat, and collect the emissions.

The fusion reactions are 'nicer' in regards to the lack of nasty radioactive waste. As for how 'easy' it is to burn in a fusion reactor, well, my entire life a 'practical fusion power plant' is just 10 years away. So, just 10 years to go for unlimited electricity that is too cheap to meter.

Not buying that assessment, but 'cheap' electricity to open up some CO2 atmospheric scrubbing technologies that we might be getting a wee bit desperate for in a few years.

Now, has Trumply noodled all this out? Oh heavens no, but He3 could be a real good thing regardless of who promotes it.

Elon ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

And why does mining h3 from the moon need to involve shipping at enormous cost any inconveniently shaped, finicky, temperamental, difficult to maintain, space and resource hogging idiosyncratic walking sacks of water to the moon, and then spend more money keeping these from freezing, boiling, sublimating, or otherwise drying out or rendered permanently less temperamental by the local environment?
(December 11, 2017 at 6:16 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: So who's going to pay for it?  It sure won't be be billionaires or the corporations who are getting the big tax cuts.  It sure won't be Congress which can't even pass a normal budget.   China will get to the moon before the US will.

Impossibility as the US has already been there, 48 years ago.

I have not see a case made for why manned landing on the moon or mars in the 21st century would be more effective or efficient for any attainable purpose in this century other than its own sake.
(December 11, 2017 at 9:53 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: And why does mining h3 from the moon need to involve shipping at enormous cost any inconveniently shaped, finicky, temperamental, difficult to maintain, space and resource hogging idiosyncratic walking sacks of water to the moon, and then spend more money keeping these from freezing, boiling, sublimating, or otherwise drying out or rendered permanently less temperamental by the local environment?

People are handy general purpose computers with built in manipulator systems, and we can easily make more of them with unskilled labor.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The latest billionaire space circle jerk. Brian37 38 2381 September 28, 2021 at 4:33 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 2515 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The worst part of the pandemic - onlinebiker 19 1550 April 4, 2020 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Part of Notre Dame on fire. Brian37 98 5272 April 19, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  I love AOC part 2 bennyboy 108 6467 April 7, 2019 at 7:22 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  I don't like AOC and her fake new fans part 1 Drich 12 1619 February 20, 2019 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  This space for rent: NASA considers ads on spacecraft - good or bad? Angrboda 16 611 September 13, 2018 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  This topic from 2016, proved true in 2018, read and do your part WinterHold 0 334 September 8, 2018 at 8:40 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Space Force? Minimalist 37 3003 August 10, 2018 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Gay conversion therapy' to be banned as part of LGBT equality plan possibletarian 9 1256 July 4, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Amarok