Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday is the day we wait all December for...
Tuesday is the day we wait all December for...
...Because that is officially "No Mo Ho Ho Mo Fo Day".
RE: Tuesday is the day we wait all December for...
and you get to return and cash out all the craptacular presents you received
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

That's also the day Valentine's merchandise appears in the stores lol. I can't think of a rhyme for that atm though. Big Grin

-Teresa
Not exactly. Not around these parts, anyway.

A lot of folks keep their Christmas crap up well into January.
(December 22, 2017 at 11:21 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: "No Mo Ho Ho Mo Fo".

No "flo' mo' so ho do quiznite show you right shawty wassup?"

Well, I suppose I can look forward to the post-Christmas sales at Half Price Books on Tuesday after I get the stuff that I don't normally find there on Monday. That and the Vox VT20X amp Dad got me.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(December 22, 2017 at 11:30 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(December 22, 2017 at 11:21 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: "No Mo Ho Ho Mo Fo".

No "flo' mo' so ho do quiznite show you right shawty wassup?"

Well, I suppose I can look forward to the post-Christmas sales at Half Price Books on Tuesday after I get the stuff that I don't normally find there on Monday. That and the Vox VT20X amp Dad got me.

Ooh, I love Half Price Books. And there's one only 2 blocks from my home. I need to check out that post-Christmas sale. Smile

-Teresa
(December 22, 2017 at 11:21 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: ...Because that is officially "No Mo Ho Ho Mo Fo Day".

Amun Ra!

December 26th is my favorite day of the year because all the hype over buying crap you don't need and more importantly all the crap about old mythology is over. 

And no, I am not a "Grinch". I have seen how people get so stressed out both emotionally and financially trying to prove themselves worthy of family and or friends. It's great for sales and profits, but it puts families in dept. Even without the dept, you get many people whom freak out if the tree isn't just right, or the food isn't just right. Then you have the inevitable arguments over politics.

But this isn't just about Christmas. Any holiday of any religion that touts giving and family, well, there are 385 days a year and you don't need 1 day, 8 days or an entire month to do good or give to others.

Now, that is not to say holidays are going to go away, they wont.  The time you spend with family and friends are really what matters, not the day, not what you spend on someone.
I just bought my own Xmess goodies. $312/bottle Scotch.
Holy shit, that's 1/3 the cost of rebuilding the engine in my truck, including the roller cam! Confused
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Boxing Day is a big soccer day. I promise I won't spam or try to start a fantasy league or something.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tornadoes in December. Jehanne 17 1041 December 16, 2021 at 10:14 am
Last Post: brewer
  The Biggest Valentine's Day Myths of All Time Seraphina 40 2283 February 15, 2018 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The True Meaning of The 25th Of December BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2602 December 24, 2016 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Happy Canada Day all you Canadians!! c172 5 1088 July 1, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: c172
  I almost got into an accident and it's been on my mind all day... Veritas 18 2515 March 27, 2016 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Happy St Patrick's Day to all! ignoramus 10 1272 March 17, 2016 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Happy birthday to....wait a minute.... Iroscato 11 1601 January 1, 2016 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Today is the day y'all!!! Losty 64 7164 October 13, 2015 at 2:23 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Last Tuesday night.. Drich 34 5801 October 24, 2014 at 7:00 am
Last Post: Drich
  You're clean, wearing a suit. Oh, wait - you play a nerd game? Fuck you then. Autumnlicious 26 8202 September 4, 2011 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: frankiej