Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The True Meaning of The 25th Of December
The True Meaning of The 25th Of December
It seems pretty plain that Jesus of Nazareth, if he had existed at all, was not born 25 December. Here is a list of human beings who were born on that day, each of whom has had a more positive impact on my life than Jesus:

-Isaac Newton

-Clara Barton

-Conrad Hilton

-Robert Ripley

-Humphrey Bogart

-Cab Calloway

-Rod Serling

-Jimmy Buffett

-Sissy Spacek

-Annie Lennox

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: The True Meaning of The 25th Of December
-Two of my granddaughters
This is great! This means I can watch Casablanca and call it a holiday movie.

Chez moi, offering to put on It's a Wonderful LIfe is a capital offense.
Cab Calloway?
If we've got the correct year of his birth then through celestial events we can determine he was born on Dec. 25th. I've tried for the past two Christmas seasons to get some unbeliever to get a copy of the dvd, The Star of Bethlehem and take a serious attitude going into it, but no one has and I guess no one will. Makes me feel like people are afraid of science because that is what's used to test the Bible story of Jesus birth and death.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I remember hearing it was estimated Jesus would have been born in March. I have no idea if I'll be able to find a source for that now.

But I'm also born in March.

I'm not saying I'm Jesus. That is for other people to say.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 24, 2016 at 4:28 am)robvalue Wrote: I remember hearing it was estimated Jesus would have been born in March. I have no idea if I'll be able to find a source for that now.

But I'm also born in March.

I'm not saying I'm Jesus. That is for other people to say.

Well I haven't seen you and Jesus in the same room together. That has to be worth something.
(December 24, 2016 at 4:06 am)Godschild Wrote: If we've got the correct year of his birth then through celestial events we can determine he was born on Dec. 25th. [...]

Horsesh*t. 

(December 24, 2016 at 4:06 am)Godschild Wrote: I've tried for the past two Christmas seasons to get some unbeliever to get a copy of the dvd, The Star of Bethlehem and take a serious attitude going into it, but no one has and I guess no one will. Makes me feel like people are afraid of science because that is what's used to test the Bible story of Jesus birth and death.

LOL...

Hey, buddy - you can beat your meat to whatever propaganda nonsense you want - during the holidays, or otherwise. Those movies are made for you and by dimwitted a**holes like you, with no understanding of science and only interested in proselytizing and circle-jerking. There's an idiotic video made for everything nowadays and selling Jesus crap to dipsh*ts is a great business.

Have yourself a Happy Pagan Holiday, numbnuts... Big Grin
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Mrs Zebo was born on December 25th (but she doesn't get birthday cards and presents until 6:30 pm)
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(December 24, 2016 at 1:38 am)Astreja Wrote: This is great!  This means I can watch Casablanca and call it a holiday movie.

Chez moi, offering to put on It's a Wonderful LIfe is a capital offense.

Did you notice the evil banker got to keep the money he found.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 847 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Learn the true mersey Angrboda 7 468 March 18, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Tornadoes in December. Jehanne 17 1039 December 16, 2021 at 10:14 am
Last Post: brewer
  Tuesday is the day we wait all December for... Gawdzilla Sama 20 1817 December 24, 2017 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  A Confession (my true identity) Catholic_Lady 96 19004 April 13, 2017 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  What is the meaning of Life? ErGingerbreadMandude 91 9508 January 11, 2016 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  A Compelling Reasn to Strangle, Shoot, Stab, Poison, and Otherwise Kill You True Love Rhondazvous 13 3015 December 14, 2015 at 5:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  true blanket statements. ignoramus 15 3441 November 16, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: mediocrates
  The Real Meaning of the Word Disinterested Rhondazvous 56 9275 July 24, 2015 at 10:29 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  True Love - Did you ? Khansins 56 8016 November 15, 2014 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Cyberman