Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass culture is dull
Mass culture is dull
Do you agree? Justify the answer.

It is better to read science or teach English than to read fantasy and detective stories and even more watch Hollywood movies.
RE: Mass culture is dull
I don't...

I... Uh...

Sorry, could you elaborate?
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
Reading detective or fantasy storyes is about relaxation , the same is for movies.
If I learned ya English y'all be idgets.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I don't read detective stories so I can't solve this crime scene of a question.

"Do you agree?" Agree to what? The title of the thread or the sentences after? You can't used car salesman people's agreement by being confusing. I mean once i agree to agree to your "Do you agree?" I'm pretty much legally binded.

More clarity please.
How does one justify taste when taste is subjective?
(January 26, 2018 at 6:34 am)Interaktive Wrote: Do you agree? Justify the answer.

It is better to read science or teach English than to read fantasy and detective stories and even more watch Hollywood movies.

Define "better". That's an extremely subjective word with a shitload of qualifiers. More enjoyable? More beneficial? More stimulating? More fulfilling?

For me movies and shows have opened my eyes to a wealth of imagination, different views and takes on the world and events. They're also entertaining, uplifting, emotionally satisfying and indeed can be educational. They can inspire and inform. Shit, even video games with a good plot and excellent writing can be a wholly fulfilling experience.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I now read Harry Potter in Ukrainian. Then I read in English.
....Good for you?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
If you don't like harry potter...pick up another book.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Culture Ahriman 61 3865 August 21, 2023 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Neighbor's X-mass lawn decorations.... Brian37 13 978 December 12, 2018 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Russian criminal culture purplepurpose 0 218 December 10, 2018 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  East Asians don't integrate into Western culture Alexmahone 38 3438 March 16, 2018 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  White Culture Under Attack chimp3 54 10221 September 5, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Star wars and pop culture? ignoramus 25 2754 March 9, 2017 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  First time I ran into this mass conspiracy junk. Brian37 13 2049 November 23, 2014 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Kewt Way to Fight Rape Culture thesummerqueen 12 3787 December 15, 2012 at 7:11 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Culture Assignment festive1 20 4870 November 15, 2012 at 11:07 am
Last Post: festive1
  Mass shootings a question for atheists. Brian37 45 14778 July 26, 2012 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Annik