Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is so quiet
God is so quiet
We read/hear all this talk from theists about how God clearly exists and how he is this and that and did this and that, and when someone objects to his existence and/or attacks him, theists jump quickly to his defense.

Yet, in all this arguing back and forth, not once does God utter a word. He just stands there in the corner watching us having an argument about him, with nothing to say to support his buddies and prove us wrong. No voice, no physical manifestations, no declaration of divine presence.

It's almost as if ...

<cue dramatic music, signifying shock and horror>
RE: God is so quiet
(February 1, 2018 at 4:36 pm)Grandizer Wrote: Yet, in all this arguing back and forth, not once does God utter a word. He just stands there in the corner watching us having an argument about him, with nothing to say to support his buddies and prove us wrong. No voice, no physical manifestations, no declaration of divine presence.

Grandizer, did you ever stop to think that God might be too busy curing disease in Africa creating sinkholes in countries that legalize gay marriage to be bothered with your pointless debates?
He doesn't have to, he's god after all. 

Puny human!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Yeah I think this every time I think of: all the children that have been raped by pastors and priests, all of the religious wars where the god they were fighting over never even offered an opinion while thousands of people slaughtered each other in his name, the Holocaust (some anti-Semites claim that god was punishing the Jews for not accepting Jesus), the way my ancestors embraced slavery because the Bible and preachers said it was god's will, the refusal to give women in labor anesthesia because labor pain was god's punishment for original sin, (ok, I could keep going but you get my drift).  

Humans have done such evil in the name of god, and justify it with a book of silly myths.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Maybe "god" has been talking..the entire time.  It's just that he sounds suspiciously like your common asshole neighbor? Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Innit amazing how much the invisible resembles the non-existent?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 1, 2018 at 4:45 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote:
(February 1, 2018 at 4:36 pm)Grandizer Wrote: Yet, in all this arguing back and forth, not once does God utter a word. He just stands there in the corner watching us having an argument about him, with nothing to say to support his buddies and prove us wrong. No voice, no physical manifestations, no declaration of divine presence.

Grandizer, did you ever stop to think that God might be too busy curing disease in Africa creating sinkholes in countries that legalize gay marriage to be bothered with your pointless debates?

No, I didn't. I feel so ashamed now. Sorry God!
Tens of thousands of Christian denominations, sects, schisms divisions and churches, it's as though God never shuts up in fomenting troubles in His own realm.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

[Image: 11243875_931372583551096_1025337476_n.jpg]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 1, 2018 at 4:36 pm)Grandizer Wrote: We read/hear all this talk from theists about how God clearly exists and how he is this and that and did this and that, and when someone objects to his existence and/or attacks him, theists jump quickly to his defense.

Yet, in all this arguing back and forth, not once does God utter a word. He just stands there in the corner watching us having an argument about him, with nothing to say to support his buddies and prove us wrong. No voice, no physical manifestations, no declaration of divine presence.

It's almost as if ...

<cue dramatic music, signifying shock and horror>

People have been saying that for centuries.

Iasiah 41:23 (NOG) = "Tell us what’s going to happen so that we may know that you are gods. Yes, do something, good or evil, to intimidate us and make us afraid."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Conservative Pundits Suspiciously Quiet The Valkyrie 11 1848 February 13, 2015 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Surgenator
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19370 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie