Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunday's SpaceX failure
Sunday's SpaceX failure
Oops, guess ya can't win them all.

"The mission itself was shrouded in secrecy even before it failed to enter a stable orbit. The government agency that ordered the spacecraft has not been disclosed."

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/09/technolo...index.html

Let the conspiracy theories fly. I blame Trump and the Russians.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Sunday's SpaceX failure
Devin Nunes is writing a memo blaming the FBI.
It's obviously the Illumina[hammer click]total coincidence...
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
This was like a month ago...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
A Tesla Roadster heads off for Mars tomorrow . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(February 5, 2018 at 10:12 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: This was like a month ago...

Oops on me.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 5, 2018 at 10:28 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: A Tesla Roadster heads off for Mars tomorrow . . .

He was just trying to turn left, but the gyro failed...
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(February 5, 2018 at 8:47 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Oops, guess ya can't win them all.

"The mission itself was shrouded in secrecy even before it failed to enter a stable orbit. The government agency that ordered the spacecraft has not been disclosed."

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/09/technolo...index.html

Let the conspiracy theories fly. I blame Trump and the Russians.

I think enough has been revealed to strongly suggest it wasn’t the space X carrier rocket, but part of the secret payload responsible for final orbit insertion, that malfunctioned.

(February 5, 2018 at 10:28 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: A Tesla Roadster heads off for Mars tomorrow . . .

The space X heavy is the biggest kluge of a rocket since soviet union’s N-1 manned lunar rocket.   The N-1 never failed to fail during all of its launches. The N-1 failed because it had the same attribute as the space X heavy, which is it has an obscene number of individual rocket motors on the first stage. The failure of any of the motors was enough to lead to catastrophic failure.

Also, the breathless US news media claim that space X is the largest rocket other than Saturn V is untrue.  

The N-1 and the Energia, which were successfully launched in 1988, were much larger.
It worked!
(February 6, 2018 at 5:39 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: It worked!
I watched it live. That monster was awesome. Were those the boosters that flew back and landed?
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SpaceX gets FAA launch approval, provided they fund interest groups HappySkeptic 10 781 June 15, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The Coronavirus Is the Worst Intelligence Failure in U.S. History WinterHold 0 290 March 26, 2020 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  You know you're a failure at Xenophobia if even the Nazis don't support you abaris 0 545 November 8, 2016 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Sunday Was The One Year Anniversay Minimalist 6 964 July 5, 2016 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Gemini
  Home remedy medical failure. brewer 17 2516 March 11, 2016 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Joods
  Elon Musk Says SpaceX Will Send People to Mars by 2025 Heat 9 1465 January 30, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: mralstoner
  SpaceX Failure brewer 12 1586 January 18, 2016 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: brewer
  SpaceX Lands Falcon First Stage AFTT47 11 1796 December 23, 2015 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anonymous uncovers information about ISIS attacks that are planned for Sunday Heat 13 3091 November 23, 2015 at 5:14 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  SpaceX's Falcon 9 Rocket Explodes After Launch Secular Elf 13 2012 June 28, 2015 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist