Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gentlebeings, a salute, please.
Gentlebeings, a salute, please.
A friend of mine was called to remove an animal from an apartment after the human resident was arrested after being shot in  a drug deal gone bad. Frank walked into the three room apartment and walked out with a two  year old tiger. The tiger is now at a sanctuary in Indiana. The police were going to shoot the tiger as "the only safe way to deal with it." One of the cops called Frank. 

And yeah, I've told Frank he's fucking crazy more than once.
RE: Gentlebeings, a salute, please.
Wow! Good for him, to save the big cat!

People who keep exotic pets without training, not rescuers mind you, but regular people, are so often terrible people, too.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Quote: The police were going to shoot the tiger as "the only safe way to deal with it."

That's their standard protocol for young black men, too.  Glad to see the tiger caught a break.
(July 30, 2018 at 12:21 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: The police were going to shoot the tiger as "the only safe way to deal with it."

That's their standard protocol for young black men, too.  Glad to see the tiger caught a break.

They were probably momentarily frozen trying to figure out what color it was.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 30, 2018 at 12:18 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: A friend of mine was called to remove an animal from an apartment after the human resident was arrested after being shot in  a drug deal gone bad. Frank walked into the three room apartment and walked out with a two  year old tiger. The tiger is now at a sanctuary in Indiana. The police were going to shoot the tiger as "the only safe way to deal with it." One of the cops called Frank. 

Tell Frank he has a fan in NZ.

That’s awesome saving an endangered cat!
Dying to live, living to die.
(July 30, 2018 at 1:31 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(July 30, 2018 at 12:18 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: A friend of mine was called to remove an animal from an apartment after the human resident was arrested after being shot in  a drug deal gone bad. Frank walked into the three room apartment and walked out with a two  year old tiger. The tiger is now at a sanctuary in Indiana. The police were going to shoot the tiger as "the only safe way to deal with it." One of the cops called Frank. 

Tell Frank he has a fan in NZ.

That’s awesome saving an endangered cat!
It's not his only bad habit.  Dodgy
(July 30, 2018 at 1:25 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(July 30, 2018 at 12:21 pm)Minimalist Wrote: That's their standard protocol for young black men, too.  Glad to see the tiger caught a break.

They were probably momentarily frozen trying to figure out what color it was.

The black stripes confused them!
Hand salute...
Two.

That guy has some real cojones, I will say that.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(July 30, 2018 at 10:55 pm)Fireball Wrote: Hand salute...
Two.

That guy has some real cojones, I will say that.

Nah, he's just plain nuts.
(July 30, 2018 at 12:18 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: A friend of mine was called to remove an animal from an apartment after the human resident was arrested after being shot in  a drug deal gone bad. Frank walked into the three room apartment and walked out with a two  year old tiger. The tiger is now at a sanctuary in Indiana. The police were going to shoot the tiger as "the only safe way to deal with it." One of the cops called Frank. 

What the fuck is a TIGER doing in a civilian house?

I get zoologists and evolutionary biologists. Even snake venom collectors so for the antidote. But what the fuck possess a layperson to think such dangerous animals are great pets?

Even with trained people, when I was at Steve Erwin's zoo, there were three trained employees in the tiger enclosure, and even that was a bit unnerving to me.

But glad they didn't have to kill it.

Think the idiot thought he was Tony in Scarface?

Even with Sigfreid and Roy, they didn't blame the tiger, but still, I really get tired of people being "shocked" when entertainers get hurt by dangerous animals or pissed off elephants. 

What your friend does may be "crazy", but he isn't doing it to get attention. Animal vets and trappers that are merely concerned with the health of the animal and or simply want to move them to where they will be safe, I get that. 

But no, I do not feel sorry for guys like the following.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/shocking-momen...26027.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Podcast recommendations please... arewethereyet 1 205 September 1, 2020 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  [Serious] How do you get over your past mistakes? [Please Don't judge me] GODZILLA 12 1149 June 3, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Can you filthy foreigners please invite your friends? Losty 43 2957 May 1, 2019 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2250 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Please help me understand this Indian "law" Alexmahone 18 2405 July 25, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Help! If You Hsbr sn iPhone, iPad, iPod or Mac Please Do Me a Favor Rhondazvous 2 483 April 17, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Please help? Longhorn 16 3005 January 9, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Brian37
  A little advice on a family matter please NuclearEnergy 6 1138 August 27, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do Me a Favor Rhondazvous 15 1453 March 4, 2017 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  Please help me with my academic essay racingboo 22 2354 October 14, 2016 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Whateverist