Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your perception of others
Your perception of others
When we're teenagers, we're rather preoccupied with how others view us.  As we become older, however, we realize that most people aren't even thinking about us because they're too preoccupied with themselves, their lives, their small daily worlds.

I am a people watcher, however.  Even as introspective as I am, I am also the one exception who is always thinking things of everyone I see around me.  When you look at me and think I'm just thinking about my own life, chances are that you're roughly ninety percent wrong.  Rather, I am thinking about you and how you live and making judgments based on how you look, etc.

Anyone else like me?
RE: Your perception of others
"What's he thinking?" or she.

All the time.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
I think very little about it except when I'm in social situations, and then I'm very self-conscious and think of nothing but.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I am an antisocial introvert that works with people intimately. There is not a day that goes by where I don't think "What a judgemental prick!" or " What an amazing person! "
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Naturally i make all kinds of judgments about people in my mind. I'm critical of myself as well. I normally don't place too much importance or attachments on those judgments i make of others. More like thoughts that come and go.
I think your perception of others is important and whether your perception of others is accurate is even more important.
But what's most important is the accuracy of your perception of yourself.
What's the point in knowing why others think and behave the way they do if you don't know yourself.

I do indeed evaluate people, but my thought process is generally something like, 'Given a chance I could correct that slackwit's behaviour in the time-honoured Shannon family tradition  -  with swift and blinding violence.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 8, 2018 at 1:44 am)Little lunch Wrote: I think your perception of others is important and whether your perception of others is accurate is even more important.
But what's most important is the accuracy of your perception of yourself.
What's the point in knowing why others think and behave the way they do if you don't know yourself.

Henry David Thoreau Wrote:Public opinion is a weak tyrant compared with our own private opinion. What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates, his fate.
They are all subjective.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I am a very late bloomer, always have been. Until very recently (I am now 55), what other people thought of me was basically the most important thing in my life. Only recently have I been able to gain perspective on that. It's the most freeing thing I've ever experienced, having that epiphany that people aren't thinking about you, only themselves.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Echo's and false perception and puddy tats. Brian37 6 447 July 5, 2020 at 5:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Minimilist and others...can you recommend books? Mystic 5 637 April 17, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Enjoyment from watching others get hurt, and sociopathy Catholic_Lady 106 10828 November 29, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Airfix Models (And Others!) Jello 6 892 March 10, 2017 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: Jello
  Do you care about your significant others sexual past with a poll. paulpablo 63 9557 May 3, 2015 at 11:38 am
Last Post: c172
  Some Days, the Urge To Move Is Stronger Than Others thesummerqueen 33 8181 February 22, 2012 at 4:48 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko