Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In support of Dr. Ford
In support of Dr. Ford
Sometimes it can be frustrating and disheartening, listening to the news, reading comment sections (don't do it!  Read) or discussing hot topics on these forums or with friends and family.  Sometimes, we all would like to help change the world, but feel that we can't really do anything measurable, anything that would make a difference.  Vote?  Sure, but even that feels like a fart in the wind, particularly if your vote matters 1/3rd as much as someone in a swing state every 4 years.

It isn't much, but today I've decided to stop sitting here feeling bad about it and start doing something.  As often as I can (once a month?  Maybe more?), I'm going to find someone who is being harassed online or who is doing something worth fighting for, and I'm going to give them what little support I can.  If it adds even a tiny bit of joy to their lives, just that my letter to them makes the stack of letters to them a little thicker, even if they never read it, it matters.  I will try and prop people up, instead of tearing people down.

Postcards for Dr. Ford

Dr Christine Ford
c/o Palo Alto University
1791 Arastradero Rd
Palo Alto CA 94304

Dr. Fords neighbor has kindly arranged this postcard idea, because trolls tend not to be bothered enough to use snail mail, and she knows there are many people out there from all walks of life who would like to express their support and gratitude for her courage to face such harsh personal consequences even though she knows it's not likely to change the outcome of the nomination, simply because it's the right thing to do.

So I will be sending her a postcard this Friday, from here in Germany.  I intend to only write something short, that I think she is morally courageous and that even if she doesn't make the difference she is hoping for, she is still making a difference. If you would like, I invite all others who would support her to do the same.  If you don't want to send a postcard, please post in this thread, or send me a PM, and I will include your name (tell me how you want it signed) on my postcard.  Maybe we could make an AF postcard, even.  I would even be happy to mail out a few postcards, if we have enough names for more than one. Even if no one joins me this time, it's still worth doing.

I know this thread won't be all happy giggles, I'm finally prepared to face that as well.  I can't control the world, but I can control myself.  

Anyway, please let me know if you will be joining me by writing a postcard, or if you'd like me to add your name to mine.  I hope this gives some of you a little hope yourselves, today.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
RE: In support of Dr. Ford
Already writing mine .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

That's a beautiful idea.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
(October 2, 2018 at 11:57 pm)outtathereligioncloset Wrote: That's a beautiful idea.

Indeed. What could she possibly expect to gain from this, except castigation and death threats? Cue the cheeto von tweeto apologists. I'd like to see the smoke clear with a definitive answer, but the political smoke is going to obscure any answer that might be obtained.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Gofundmes in her name have raised $700,000. She doesn't really need the postcard, but if it makes you feel good, go for it.
Money isn't everything.  As a matter of fact, from personal experience, I would say in times like these, emotional support is far more valuable than money.  Smile
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Excellent idea Aroura.
(October 3, 2018 at 4:33 am)alpha male Wrote: Gofundmes in her name have raised $700,000. She doesn't really need the postcard, but if it makes you feel good, go for it.

A victim of sexual assault doesn't need to know that people support her?  What kind of a monster are you?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 3, 2018 at 4:33 am)alpha male Wrote: Gofundmes in her name have raised $700,000. She doesn't really need the postcard, but if it makes you feel good, go for it.

You have some nerve showing your face in this thread.

You just don't get it. 45 doesn't care whom he hurts to get what he wants. Attacking Ford is the lowest I have ever seen a politician go. AT A CAMPAIGN RALLY, MOCKING HER. 

This is his long term pattern of political scapegoating and vilification. 

1. The secret Muslim.
2. War heros
3. NFL players, when the reality is the fucker is pissed that the NFL owners didn't want him in  the league.
4. HIS OWN FUCKING INTEL
5. Journalists.

But mocking a victim of sexual assault? What kind of vile pile of shit do you have to be to do that as a sitting politician like it is an episode of WWE?

If you still support that fucker after reading this list, and after what he did last night mocking Ford, there is no hope for you. 45 shit on my mother's pain and my sisters pain. FUCK HIM, HE IS A VILE PILE OF SHIT!
Alpha, you seem to be like Drich with an inability to have empathy for other people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blinken practices Liberal Appeasement: "Do not support Taiwan's Independence". Nishant Xavier 37 2000 June 21, 2023 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  I officially support Biden in the US elections WinterHold 34 2416 October 22, 2020 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support onlinebiker 20 1360 August 6, 2020 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Trump says Saudi Arabia's King Salman 'would not last two weeks' without US support WinterHold 2 485 October 7, 2018 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  'Emotional Support Peacock' Barred From United Airlines Plane Seraphina 67 7938 February 11, 2018 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  In a stunning show of support for our troops, we seek to deport a vet with PTSD. The Grand Nudger 2 450 February 2, 2018 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ford Moves Focus to China chimp3 6 1803 June 21, 2017 at 9:45 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Please help support this Science activism..... Brian37 2 440 January 26, 2017 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ford cancels plans to build in Mexico, will invest in Michigan Napoléon 43 5892 January 10, 2017 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Trump claims he kept Ford plant here. Brian37 51 7175 December 5, 2016 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0