Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converting to Islam - the white Britons becoming Muslims
Converting to Islam - the white Britons becoming Muslims
I think the most telling thing in this article is where the girl who converted said she 'used to be a rebel' I think that her conversion to islam is another form of rebellion.
It certainly pissed off her family, I think that might've been the desired effect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12075931

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Converting to Islam - the white Britons becoming Muslims
Who cares? People are converting to Islam all the time. But this doesn't mean that Islam is "true," right? Of course not. Big Grin
(January 4, 2011 at 5:39 pm)Rayaan Wrote: Who cares? People are converting to Islam all the time. But this doesn't mean that Islam is "true," right? Of course not. Big Grin

I'm certainly curious to know why (hence my other thread). Is it for emotional reasons, like rebellion against one's family, or are they logical reasons? If the former, than no, it doesn't indicate truth (see the logical fallacy "appeal to popularity"). If the latter, I'm keen to discuss it.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(January 4, 2011 at 5:44 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: I'm certainly curious to know why (hence my other thread). Is it for emotional reasons, like rebellion against one's family, or are they logical reasons? If the former, than no, it doesn't indicate truth (see the logical fallacy "appeal to popularity"). If the latter, I'm keen to discuss it.

Proving Islam is like putting together a gigantic puzzle:

I have to explain it to you in bits and pieces over the course of time, but once it's done, it fits very nicely actually. I can't do it all at once, though. Smile
(January 4, 2011 at 6:01 pm)Rayaan Wrote:
(January 4, 2011 at 5:44 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: I'm certainly curious to know why (hence my other thread). Is it for emotional reasons, like rebellion against one's family, or are they logical reasons? If the former, than no, it doesn't indicate truth (see the logical fallacy "appeal to popularity"). If the latter, I'm keen to discuss it.

Proving Islam is like putting together a gigantic puzzle:

I have to explain it to you in bits and pieces over the course of time, but once it's done, it fits very nicely actually. Smile

Studying Reality is like putting together a universe sized puzzle with a lots of puzzles as pieces, and each piece can fit everywhere but where only one solution is the real one.

And Islam is like every other religion a piece of rather nasty propaganda to control people's live with a rather nasty message hidden under the guise of a good one, it contributes to the effects of moronisation of humanity each day
Instead of thinking about Islam as the puzzle, could it not be possible that Islam is a false vision based on an incomplete reconstruction of the "universal puzzle"?

It is more likely that an ancient piece of paper is based upon potentially dubious prospects than modern, peer reviewed science.
Rayaan Wrote:Proving Islam is like putting together a gigantic puzzle:

That would seem a contra-indication to truth. See Occam's Razor.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Rayaan Wrote:Who cares? People are converting to Islam all the time. But this doesn't mean that Islam is "true," right? Of course not. Big Grin

People become scientologists every day.
An ex-girlfriend of mine converted to mormonism. (which meant she would no longer let me do the nasty with her, perhaps that was why she converted!)

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

All this shows is there are people more stupid than those who never question the religion they were indoctrinated into during their childhood.
DeistPaladin Wrote:
(January 4, 2011 at 5:39 pm)Rayaan Wrote: Who cares? People are converting to Islam all the time. But this doesn't mean that Islam is "true," right? Of course not. Big Grin

I'm certainly curious to know why (hence my other thread). Is it for emotional reasons, like rebellion against one's family, or are they logical reasons? If the former, than no, it doesn't indicate truth (see the logical fallacy "appeal to popularity"). If the latter, I'm keen to discuss it.

Perhaps they just like to throw rocks?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muslims , please answer this . Enlightened Ape 13 2206 August 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 4035 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5691 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Remember]: how the Spanish infedels treated Muslims WinterHold 146 11598 August 8, 2020 at 4:18 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Muslims: If the Koran is Unaltered... chimp3 57 7746 April 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7842 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  For being religious, Muslims sure lie a lot! Jehanne 12 1609 October 20, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should muslims obey infidel leaders in non islamic countries? Rika82 6 1013 September 13, 2018 at 4:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Can muslims even be artists or game developers if imagery is forbidden? Rokan 0 513 August 29, 2018 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Rokan
  8000 Muslims massacred by White, racist European non-Muslims. All Euro vs Euro WinterHold 92 17804 June 13, 2018 at 12:54 am
Last Post: WinterHold