Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixed sex handshakes banned in somalia
Mixed sex handshakes banned in somalia
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12138627
Quote:Men and women have been banned from shaking hands in a district of Somalia controlled by the Islamist group al-Shabab.

Under the ban imposed in the southern town of Jowhar, men and women who are not related are also barred from walking together or chatting in public.

Notice they can apparently justify this using Sharia law. The most restrictive and despotic laws in the world.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Mixed sex handshakes banned in somalia
Crazy motherfuckers.
Saw this earlier...not even surprised any more, Islam is a stupid fucking religion.
It's already established in Islam that shaking hands with the opposite gender should be avoided if possible. The only difference in the news story is that this has been incorporated into the state law in Somalia. Nevertheless, I don't approve this because shaking hands with the opposite gender is disliked (makrooh) but not strictly prohibited (i.e. not haram). I didn't come across any clear textual evidence in Islam which supports that such an action is punishable.

The reason why handshaking with the opposite gender is a bad thing in Islam is because doing this can sometimes have an effect of heightening our desires and sensory enjoyment. We are supposed to guard our senses from getting too much pleasure from sexual attractiveness. For example, a Muslim guy is not supposed to look at a female in a lustful or passionate way, because if he does this, then his eyes will be committing a sin. Similarly, shaking hands with the opposite gender could also be sinful if it creates a little too much satisfaction in our hearts.

There are also Muslims who believe that shaking hands with the opposite gender is permissible as long as there are no desires or enjoyment involved in the action.

I also read somewhere that there was a Muslim who used to carry a napkin in his pocket so that in case if he had to shake hands with a female, well, you know what he would do. He would shake her hands under the napkin. Then obviously he would tell her what is the reason for such an odd behavior without feeling embarrassed at all.
Rayaan Wrote:It's already established in Islam that shaking hands with the opposite gender should be avoided if possible. The only difference in the news story is that this has been incorporated into the state law in Somalia. Nevertheless, I don't approve this because shaking hands with the opposite gender is disliked (makrooh) but not strictly prohibited (i.e. not haram). I didn't come across any clear textual evidence in Islam which supports that such an action is punishable.

The reason why handshaking with the opposite gender is a bad thing in Islam is because doing this can sometimes have an effect of heightening our desires and sensory enjoyment. We are supposed to guard our senses from getting too much pleasure from sexual attractiveness. For example, a Muslim guy is not supposed to look at a female in a lustful or passionate way, because if he does this, then his eyes will be committing a sin. Similarly, shaking hands with the opposite gender could also be sinful if it creates a little too much satisfaction in our hearts.

There are also Muslims who believe that shaking hands with the opposite gender is permissible as long as there are no desires or enjoyment involved in the action.

I also read somewhere that there was a Muslim who used to carry a napkin in his pocket so that in case if he had to shake hands with a female, well, you know what he would do. He would shake her hands under the napkin. Then obviously he would tell her what is the reason for such an odd behavior without feeling embarrassed at all.

And you wonder why we don't take your religion seriously.

I think the real reason he carried a napkin was to clean up the mess in his pants after shaking hands with a woman, just too,too much sexual gratificationTongue

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I'm with Zen on this one...
Question...
1. You are so unsure of yourselves that you invoke this petty, childish, ridiculous law??
2. You are so scared (of the unknown) that you invoke this ridiculous and petty, childish law?
3. You have the most petty and childishly ridiculous god in all of mankind's imaginings; that you invoke this stupid law??

Islam is afraid of it's own shadow....stupid people who allow this to occur...and to think that Persia and the Middle East gave us Mathematics and the concept of zero...pffffft!!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Rayaan Wrote:The reason why handshaking with the opposite gender is a bad thing in Islam is because doing this can sometimes have an effect of heightening our desires and sensory enjoyment. We are supposed to guard our senses from getting too much pleasure from sexual attractiveness. For example, a Muslim guy is not supposed to look at a female in a lustful or passionate way, because if he does this, then his eyes will be committing a sin. Similarly, shaking hands with the opposite gender could also be sinful if it creates a little too much satisfaction in our hearts.

Fucking listen to yourself.
KichigaiNeko Wrote:I'm with Zen on this one...
Question...
1. You are so unsure of yourselves that invoke this petty, childish, ridiculous law??
2. You are so scared (of the unknown) that you invoke this ridiculous and petty, childish law?
3. You have the most petty and childishly ridiculous god in all of mankind's imaginings; that you invoke this stupid law??

Islam is afraid of it's own shadow....stupid people who allow this to occur...and to think that Persia and the Middle East gave us Mathematics and the concept of zero...pffffft!!

Seriously WTF is up with that...
Rayaan Wrote:It's already established in Islam that shaking hands with the opposite gender should be avoided if possible. The only difference in the news story is that this has been incorporated into the state law in Somalia. Nevertheless, I don't approve this because shaking hands with the opposite gender is disliked (makrooh) but not strictly prohibited (i.e. not haram). I didn't come across any clear textual evidence in Islam which supports that such an action is punishable.

And this seems ok to you?

Your religion would appear to be even more petty than I thought it was, and I thought it was bad already already.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

It seems okay to me because there's a sensible reason behind it.
But, I don't agree that a country should make the rule so strict as to even punish them for such a minor thing like shaking hands.

I'm in the position which supports the following opinion:

"Also, it is preferable for the pious Muslim, male or female, not to stretch out his/her hand to shake the hand of anyone of the opposite sex who is not mahram. But if he/she is put in a situation that someone stretches out his/her hand to shake hands with him/her, then he/she can do that." - Shaking Hands with Women: An Islamic Perspective

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic Reflection]: sex and love WinterHold 25 3140 July 28, 2019 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Dawkins banned from Berkerley's KPFA Radio over "abusive" speech against Islam GUBU 11 4073 July 24, 2017 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Zakir Naik's Peace TV has been banned in Bangladesh and India ReptilianPeon 0 984 July 19, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Dutch woman convicted of having sex outside marriage after rape zebo-the-fat 48 7881 June 15, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Should Islam be banned? Lemonvariable72 69 15041 July 21, 2015 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Marine banned from daughter’s school over Islam homework mralstoner 24 6012 November 4, 2014 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Lao Shizi
  Muhammad and Islam’s Sex Slaves mralstoner 2 2028 October 16, 2014 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: mralstoner
  Noah movie already banned in Islam professor 32 9194 April 9, 2014 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Confused Ape
  sex before marriage paulpablo 89 25489 January 9, 2013 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: ThatMuslimGuy
  Sex with Muhammad's Corpse and other catchy tunes Ziploc Surprise 5 3837 July 12, 2012 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird