Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Islam be banned?
Should Islam be banned?
Given the constant attempts by muslims to have things like freedom of expression and gay marriage banned, in my mind it brings the question of why shouldn't that vile religion be banned instead?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Should Islam be banned?
Wow, that's ignorant. Especially given the constant attempts by christian groups at banning just the same things. So either ban them all or pay them no heed. Which is what I'm doing, since they're fighting a losing battle anyway.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Because we're better than them and don't need to restrict their free expression to defeat them on the field of battle that matters most when it comes to the Abrahamic religions: the realm of ideas.
(July 20, 2015 at 12:21 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Given the constant attempts by muslims to have things like freedom of expression and gay marriage banned, in my mind it brings the question of why shouldn't that vile religion be banned instead?

Really, the only question that springs to my mind is "How the fuck do you propose going about that?"
Because if you have a way that doesn't end in carnage, violence, more bloodshed and the oppression of over a billion people, you deserve a fucking Nobel Peace Prize. Several, in fact.
We don't need to 'ban' them, we don't even need to bomb them. We simply have to outlast them, let them wither and die out naturally.
Really, think about how absurd your post is.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Yay, thoughtcrime!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(July 20, 2015 at 12:25 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: Because we're better than them and don't need to restrict their free expression to defeat them on the field of battle that matters most when it comes to the Abrahamic religions: the realm of ideas.

This is precisely my view, except I could never work out how to put as eloquently as that. A rep is coming your way, good show old chap.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
No religious believe should be banned. Nor should we live in a theocracy. Partly because a theocracy will tend to ban every other religious belief but theirs. basically, extremism either way tends to be bad for society.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Banned from where?
Nope, just shitcanned.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Breathing should be banned IMO

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7864 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Dawkins banned from Berkerley's KPFA Radio over "abusive" speech against Islam GUBU 11 4087 July 24, 2017 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Zakir Naik's Peace TV has been banned in Bangladesh and India ReptilianPeon 0 988 July 19, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5471 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Marine banned from daughter’s school over Islam homework mralstoner 24 6043 November 4, 2014 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Lao Shizi
  Noah movie already banned in Islam professor 32 9213 April 9, 2014 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Confused Ape
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33845 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Should Islam be given more credit... Sami_23 27 9492 January 4, 2013 at 11:50 am
Last Post: TheCreator
  Mixed sex handshakes banned in somalia downbeatplumb 41 9587 January 14, 2011 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Thor