Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Famous quotes in Gibberish.......
Famous quotes in Gibberish.......
Ok, here goes. Think of a famous quote but post it in Gibberish and we guess the real quote and the person who said it.

"Blask fot, mut more runtry ran boo tor moo, fut wart clue fan moo tore lore pantry".

"Glee lonely ring tee laugh to tear, is clear its elf".

And one for atheists.

"Mat switch pan tree inserted wit clout malevolence, clan tree measly remissed wit clout malevolence."
RE: Famous quotes in Gibberish.......
I don't get it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It's like this "to hot chilli, cot gun my polka dot mini skirt"
would translate to
"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

I don't think without further rules, like letter matching, or capitalization allowances they'll be solvable though, generally. Seems like all we have to go on by default is the assumed work count.

MAybe we should add a rule about a meme or genre hint.. idk, I'm not sure this one will work as stated Brian
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(March 6, 2019 at 4:12 pm)tackattack Wrote: It's like this "to hot chilli, cot gun my polka dot mini skirt"
would translate to

I don't think without further rules, like letter matching, or capitalization allowances they'll be solvable though, generally. Seems like all we have to go on by default is the assumed work count.

MAybe we should add a rule about a meme or genre hint.. idk, I'm not sure this one will work as stated Brian

Ok, I understand now.  Thus, 'Neef norp de quando floo' is the entire narrative of 'Moby Dick'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Holy shit guys,

One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

THAT was the intent of the thread.

So I'd post something like "Pun mall shlep for can, won miant sheep for hand blind"

(March 6, 2019 at 4:12 pm)tackattack Wrote: It's like this "to hot chilli, cot gun my polka dot mini skirt"
would translate to

Not the point. The intent is that someone makes a gibberish quote, then others respond with the real answer.

So if you want to quote the Pope or Aquinas we wont stop you. We may follow that up with objection to supporting superstition, but if the said it, they said it.
(March 6, 2019 at 3:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Ok, here goes. Think of a famous quote but post it in Gibberish and we guess the real quote and the person who said it.

"Blask fot, mut more runtry ran boo tor moo, fut wart clue fan moo tore lore pantry".

"Glee lonely ring tee laugh to tear, is clear its elf".

And one for atheists.

"Mat switch pan tree inserted wit clout malevolence, clan tree measly remissed wit clout malevolence."

The last one is Christopher Hitchens "That which can be asserted without evidence can be easily dismissed without evidence ."
Hold on nah, cher...Iffin you don like ah murca, yall kin step on out nah and don let tha do' hitcha where da good lawt done splitcha. 
I'll say a plus tard, bon ami...Ooh-wee, I gar on TEE!

Cajun-speak for "America...Love it or leave it". Tongue
(March 6, 2019 at 4:40 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Holy shit guys,

One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

THAT was the intent of the thread.

So I'd post something like "Pun mall shlep for can, won miant sheep for hand blind"

would translate to

Not the point. The intent is that someone makes a gibberish quote, then others respond with the real answer.

So if you want to quote the Pope or Aquinas we wont stop you. We may follow that up with objection to supporting superstition, but if the said it, they said it.

But that's not gibberish.  You're simply replacing the words in a quote with imperfect homophones.  If you had told us that's what you were doing...

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Siri "Guess the artist/band" gibberish translator. Brian37 3 358 July 3, 2021 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Little Known quotes from famous people... Brian37 7 448 January 5, 2020 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Brian37
  45's versions of famous quotes...add yours. Brian37 14 1127 September 3, 2019 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Voice Zap Brannigan reads 45's quotes Brian37 1 260 July 28, 2018 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  A parody of a famous haiku carusmm 6 2110 May 30, 2016 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: carusmm
  Famous last words (of Jesus) robvalue 110 15235 January 6, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  John Oliver on Fake Quotes Minimalist 6 3185 October 20, 2015 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Quotes taken out of context Chas 10 1989 May 3, 2015 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Quotes About Booze BrianSoddingBoru4 9 1793 June 26, 2014 at 12:00 am