Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They're going to catch sh*t for this.
They're going to catch sh*t for this.
While I am no fan of our outrageous health care costs, much less cost of drugs or medical equipment, this is a shitty thing to do.

Side note, what would posses a medical equipment company to name a colon probe equipment "Olympus". Was the inventor a fan of Caligula? Was he a fan of the movie Airplane? "Johnny, have you ever been inside a Turkish prison?"

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/0...KA.twitter
RE: They're going to catch sh*t for this.
Olympus is the name of the company. They specialize in medical technology of various sorts including innovative advanced imagery. 
Those scopes probably have the best resolution available on the market.

Those thieves made away with $450K in equipment.
(April 25, 2019 at 12:05 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Olympus is the name of the company. They specialize in medical technology of various sorts including innovative advanced imagery. 
Those scopes probably had the best resolution available on the market.

I got that. I was being serious about them being dicks, but at the same time finding irony in the name.

But even outside the issue of crime, it really is absurd the cost of anything medical related, doctors, insurance, equipment, medicine and supplies are still outrageous.

These thieves deserve to be punished regardless.
(April 25, 2019 at 12:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 25, 2019 at 12:05 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Olympus is the name of the company. They specialize in medical technology of various sorts including innovative advanced imagery. 

I got that. I was being serious about them being dicks, but at the same time finding irony in the name.

But even outside the issue of crime, it really is absurd the cost of anything medical related, doctors, insurance, equipment, medicine and supplies are still outrageous.

These thieves deserve to be punished regardless.

I agree with the general sentiment, but I wouldn't say anything. Especially in terms of biomedical equipment, when one considers the extraordinary amount of money these companies spend on R&D.

Ethics aside, the markup you complain of isn't always quite as outrageous and absurd as you think.
(April 25, 2019 at 12:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote:

Sorry, where is the irony in a company called 'Olympus'?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 25, 2019 at 2:12 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 25, 2019 at 12:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I got that. I was being serious about them being dicks, but at the same time finding irony in the name.

Sorry, where is the irony in a company called 'Olympus'?

Boru

Zeus likes anal probes?
(April 25, 2019 at 3:03 pm)Jackalope Wrote:
(April 25, 2019 at 2:12 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Sorry, where is the irony in a company called 'Olympus'?

Boru

Zeus likes anal probes?

The gods lived on Olympus so they could see what the mortals were up to. The origin of "God mode" viewing.
I agree with Brian that anything entering the ass should have a diminutive name. Less threatening for most of us. However the prep drinks for colonoscopies should have more ominous names. "Golytely" My ass! That shit should be called "Mega  Fucking Colon Blow"!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Yeah, after a century in business a name change makes perfect sense.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Trump going to Prison? FrustratedFool 392 20519 February 22, 2024 at 2:55 am
Last Post: GUBU
  NAACP going to far? brewer 17 1240 October 30, 2021 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Anyone going to watch the Jan 6th hearings? Brian37 39 3401 July 28, 2021 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Going a bit far with pronoun usage again Foxaèr 20 1370 May 18, 2021 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Is The NRA Going Bye-Bye? BrianSoddingBoru4 46 2045 August 9, 2020 at 5:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So, Brits. How's Brexit Going? Minimalist 190 15546 February 4, 2019 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The market and where the economy is going. Jackalope 19 2260 December 15, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  LOL. What Is She Going To Do? Minimalist 5 1082 February 23, 2018 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Wells Fargo: Biggest Corporate Crooks Going? Minimalist 4 762 November 28, 2017 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Are You Going To Believe The WLB Minimalist 6 648 October 28, 2017 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0