Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excellent Arguement for Gay Marriage
Excellent Arguement for Gay Marriage
Few people who come along ever seem to be able to voice their opinions, let alone voice their opinions well.
The most silver tongued among us can make even the impossible seem plausible and many of them fight for all the wrong causes, unfortunately. Luckily, there are those among us that voice their opinion so eloquently as this young man has:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSQQK2Vuf...r_embedded

“Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.”
James Arthur Baldwin
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
RE: Excellent Arguement for Gay Marriage
His parents must be very proud of him. I can see that he is very proud of his parents.
I hope we see more kids like this guy in the years to come, standing up for what they believe is right and proudly declaring it in the face of those who would have them sit quietly for fear of change. Big Grin
Unless of course what they believe is right differs from what you believe is right.

(Not you personally Watson, generally speaking.)

I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Excellent video. Clap

Children are just as well-off with gay parents as they are with straight parents. I even have the source:

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/parenting.aspx (Click 'Conclusion' on right side of page for summary of findings)

[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]
Clever lad. Very nice speech. Dark and successful and relatively attractive.... i'm interested already.

Tis what I might expect from someone in the 99%. I'm a 98%, and look at the failure I am Sad I guess he's had two more years... so there might even be some competition in the relationship, with me as the underdog for once (that would be really really weird, as I'm used to winning most of the time 0.o).

I agree, this nineteen year old is a very good argument for 'gay marriage'... i've never seen a better one infact. Maybe he should apply for president, i'd like to see his face plastered more places v_v
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Also a nice argument for getting government as far away from marriage as possible. As he said, family doesn't come from the government saying people can marry, it comes from commitment to each other. I've said it before and I'll say it again; none of these problems would exist in the first place if the government simply turned around and said "We have no business defining and regulating human relationships."

Marriage isn't special because the government decrees it; marriage is special because two (or more) people decree it to each other.
Brilliant speech. Hope he gets what he wants. It's only fair that he does.
Nice speech but it had no effect on the fascist jesus freaks in the Iowa House.

http://thevitalvoice.com/news/50-latest-...amendment-

Quote:The Iowa House passed an amendment to the state constitution, Feb. 1 that would prohibit any form of relationship recognition for same-sex couples. The amendment passed by a 62 to 37 vote and will now be sent to the Iowa Senate for consideration.

To paraphrase the old saying...."You can always tell a republican but you can't tell him much."
(February 3, 2011 at 12:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Nice speech but it had no effect on the fascist jesus freaks in the Iowa House.

Idiots. What the hell are they afraid of?

[Image: _gay-marriage-cartoon.jpg]

[Image: 186305514v6_480x480_Front_Color-Black-1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1161 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 530 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1597 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1562 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Atheists, do you support same-sex marriage? TristanTeller 72 15771 July 31, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Your views on MARRIAGE Catholic_Lady 213 35071 July 12, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  GOP to unveil bill to stop affirmation of same-sex marriage Foxaèr 10 3223 April 23, 2015 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Supreme Court to decide on marriage equality Ryantology 21 3772 January 17, 2015 at 1:38 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Voter ID laws and Marriage Heywood 33 5894 November 5, 2014 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Heywood
  Secular reasons for and againt same sex marriage Dolorian 26 6225 September 23, 2014 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus