Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sen. Moscow Mitch Injured at Home
Sen. Moscow Mitch Injured at Home
In the news today, Senator "Moscow" Mitch McConnell suffered an unfortunate fall after slipping on some bullshit he'd carelessly left around his house, underscoring the tragedy of taking your work home with you. His doctors (which he can afford since he's not one of millions of Americans without health care coverage) said that he'd fractured his shoulder, which had already been strained to the limit with all the water-carrying he'd done for Putin for the last few years. They have released the senator under strict orders to get plenty of rest and avoid acts of treason for at least three weeks. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/04/politics/...index.html
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Sen. Moscow Mitch Injured at Home
At his age, complications from a broken bone are a real possibility. Here's hoping it doesn't develop into anything trivial.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Now we wait for Trump to give him some sort of medal.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Too bad pain killers have been invented.
(August 4, 2019 at 9:31 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Now we wait for Trump to give him some sort of medal.

Bone spur with an oak leaf cluster?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(August 4, 2019 at 9:59 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(August 4, 2019 at 9:31 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Now we wait for Trump to give him some sort of medal.

Bone spur with an oak leaf cluster?

Best not to take it out of its presentation box.   El Presidente bonespur in moment of pique might want it back to show how microscopic he is
(August 4, 2019 at 8:42 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: In the news today, Senator "Moscow" Mitch McConnell suffered an unfortunate fall after slipping on some bullshit he'd carelessly left around his house, underscoring the tragedy of taking your work home with you. His doctors (which he can afford since he's not one of millions of Americans without health care coverage) said that he'd fractured his shoulder, which had already been strained to the limit with all the water-carrying he'd done for Putin for the last few years. They have released the senator under strict orders to get plenty of rest and avoid acts of treason for at least three weeks. 

Nah he probably hurt himself  carrying the bag with all his Russian bribe money
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(August 4, 2019 at 8:42 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: In the news today, Senator "Moscow" Mitch McConnell suffered an unfortunate fall after slipping on some bullshit he'd carelessly left around his house, underscoring the tragedy of taking your work home with you. His doctors (which he can afford since he's not one of millions of Americans without health care coverage) said that he'd fractured his shoulder, which had already been strained to the limit with all the water-carrying he'd done for Putin for the last few years. They have released the senator under strict orders to get plenty of rest and avoid acts of treason for at least three weeks. 

This is rather hateful rhetoric. That may not matter too much if the post is only meant to be reflected on by people who agree with it. But the post's language is clearly meant to eliminate any critical response. 

With respect to all the russia quips, a few observations:
--I find it interesting to remember Romney being ridiculed by Obama for suggesting Russia was one of America's biggest threats. 
--The Dems appear to be veering into McCarthyite tactics with respect to levying Russian collusion accusations. 
--The Dems find russia collusion everywhere they find someone they do not like. First Trump (despite all lack of evidence to this day despite aggressive investigations), then Mitch McConney, and recently Tulsi Gabbard is being labeled a russian sympathizer by Kamala Harris and other. 
--Labeling everything wrong the dems find as russian collusion undermines the original charges against Trump
I’m guessing that you’re not familiar with my turtles work on behalf of Rusal.

This, in addition to his blocking election security bills.

This, in addition to stonewalling in 2016.

Concern trolling over how people talk about a traitorous piece of shit who sells his country out is precious.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 5, 2019 at 1:23 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: I’m guessing that you’re not familiar with my turtles work on behalf of Rusal.

This, in addition to his blocking election security bills.

This, in addition to stonewalling in 2016.

Concern trolling over how people talk about a traitorous piece of shit who sells his country out is precious.

The only reason McConnell is being smeared as a Russian asset is that he refused to take up a political bill that had the only purpose of making something illegal that was already illegal. It was "Bi-partisan" out of the House only in the sense that no GOP politician would ever go on record voting against it. But Mitch was right to not consider legislation to re-iterate something as being illegal when it already is. That is political gaming, and McConnell was within his rights not to play that game. 

The Dems only wanted the political messaging to be that Trump was being forced to sign a new law stopping him from colluding with Russians. This was pure politics and had nothing to do with election security. Nobody except the most partisan of Dems actually believes McConnell is a Russian asset. McConnell has a long history of being quite critical of Russia and has a record which is exactly the opposite of what use of the term "Moscow Mitch" implies. There is a reason I referred to McCarthy in my post--this is smear-by-association propaganda at its worse.

McConnell may be many things, but Russian toady is not one of them. Russian conspiracies have not served the Dems very well. I'd rather the Dems put up a reasonable candidate that can defeat Trump so the country can move on, but I have low expectations of that. Trump knows how to work Dems into an insane frenzy, and Dems cannot help but constantly take the bait and waste time on conspiracies. Of course, Trump was responsible for the "birther" conspiracy that similarly helped Obama's reelection, so he knows how to gin people up. All the Dems need to do to beat Trump is not be crazy, but I'm not sure they can pull it off.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up 5 Dead 40 Injured in Waukesha Wi. onlinebiker 87 6994 December 6, 2021 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2209 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mitch McConnell finally recognizes BIDEN. Brian37 21 1296 December 15, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Home Schooling onlinebiker 15 673 August 13, 2020 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  West Virginia, WH dumbass, send him home. Brian37 42 2903 March 18, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Shot in her own home! Brian37 119 7438 October 16, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  BREAKING NEWS mass shooting in Florida 12 dead, 25+ injured rkellysucks 3 760 January 5, 2019 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  another dead and 4 injured in France ignoramus 7 851 May 13, 2018 at 5:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Search For Leaks Closer To Home Minimalist 0 541 May 1, 2018 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  30 injured, 3 dead in delivery van attack in Germany Joods 31 2800 April 9, 2018 at 1:30 am
Last Post: Minimalist