Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this debate about legal vs illegal immigration or white vs brown immigrants?
Is this debate about legal vs illegal immigration or white vs brown immigrants?
Cuccinelli: Statue of Liberty poem refers to people from Europe

Quote:Ken Cuccinelli, the acting head of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, said on Tuesday that the poem inscribed on the Statue of Liberty welcoming immigrants to the United States was referring to “people coming from Europe.”

“Well of course that poem referred back to people coming from Europe where they had class-based societies,” Cuccinelli said of the inscription on the statue during an appearance on CNN on Tuesday. “Where people were considered wretched if they weren't in the right class.”

“And it was introduced – it was written one year – one year after the first federal public charge rule was written that says – and I'll quote it, 'Any person unable to take care of himself without becoming a public charge,’ would be inadmissible or in the terms that my agency deals with, they can't do what's called adjusting status, getting a green card becoming legal permanent residence,” he continued

he official’s remarks arrive on the heels of comments he made earlier on Tuesday tweaking the inscription on the statue to defend a new policy rolled out by the Trump administration that makes it easier to reject green cards for those deemed likely to depend on public assistance.

"Give me your tired and your poor who can stand on their own two feet and who will not become a public charge," he said Tuesday morning while responding to a question in an interview with NPR on whether Emma Lazarus's poem, "The New Colossus," was part of the American ethos.

The original poem reads: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Speaking further about the "public charge" rule on Tuesday, Cuccinelli said that if an immigrant doesn’t “have future prospects of being legal permanent residents without welfare, that will be counted against them.”

“That is the point of the rule. It doesn’t seem too much to ask that we have Americans here who aren’t likely to go on welfare and become public charge,” he continued.

The Statue of Liberty inscription only applies to non-"shithole" countries. Just an FYI. This is a bad look, ain't it?
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
RE: Is this debate about legal vs illegal immigration or white vs brown immigrants?
It really depends who you ask.

And even that thought will be argued.
RE: Is this debate about legal vs illegal immigration or white vs brown immigrants?
Those public charge rules were explicitly written to keep people like his ancestors out, and nobody at the time was shy about the reason they wanted to do that.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
That was a bullshit pathetic attempt on his part to put lipstick on a pig. That fucker cannot claim that 100% of those who went through Ellis Island moved up to the middle class and became rich. Sure some did. But even with white people born in America, prior to FDR's "New Deal", there was virtually no middle class, even for the people born here. 

This is the same bullshit as "starter job" when talking about fast food. Who the fuck do these morons think are at work when the high school and college kids are at work?

This is about race, and that was more coded bullshit to justify it.

Basically it is the same damned shit white Americans said about the Chinese workers who built the continental railroad. 

If this fucker is going to vilify the poor, then he should be consistent and let poor white Walmart workers in red states starve to death too.
Lol, they are. This admins contempt for brown people is only matched by their contempt for The Poors.

Feeding them obvious lies about trade and immigrants while they fleece them and rob them of whatever future they may have had to the benefit of the rich.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It's all about scapegoating. The rich keep the heat off them by blaming the Other. Whether that's immigrants, or the poor, or whatever other group they can find that can't defend themselves properly. All while 1% of the nation has more money than the other 90%.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

This "racism" stuff reminds me of the McCarthy days back in the 1950s.  There were communists everywhere - around every corner, hiding in the cracks, infiltrating our schools and all our institutions.   Today if a minority is adversely effected in any way by a policy, it's labeled racist. Trump hasn't called for lowering our immigration quotas. What if an individual is in favor of even lowering immigration quotas, does that make him a racist?  I swear, every day I read that a liberal has called someone else a racist with no knowledge of whether or not that person actually  is one.  Maybe we'll start blacklisting persons accused of being racist, like they did with the so called communists in the 50s, and destroy their reputations too.  Hollywood types were some of the most effected then, and now they are some of the mostly likely to throw around  the racism accusations.  The word is so wrongly used these days, I don't even pay attention.  If you're changing or implementing new immigration laws or procedures and the majority of immigrants are not white, then the policies are going to effect more nonwhites than whites, whether the policies are racist or not.

As for conditions for detainees, they are bad, but you try walking in the shoes of those trying to deal with the situation; thousands flowing in every day.  They're totally overwhelmed.
In all fairness, this isn't much of a change. I had to sign paperwork that said I would take care of Tibs if he was unable to take care of himself to prevent him from using public assistance. He's also not allowed social security.
(August 14, 2019 at 9:09 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Those public charge rules were explicitly written to keep people like his ancestors out, and nobody at the time was shy about the reason they wanted to do that.

Simply because a rule was racist 100 years ago doesn't mean that same rule isn't racist now.

'No Irish Need Apply'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 14, 2019 at 9:05 am)Aegon Wrote: The Statue of Liberty inscription only applies to non-"shithole" countries. Just an FYI. This is a bad look, ain't it?

Well, at least they're FINALLY being honest about it.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Immigrants Lek 111 5634 April 1, 2024 at 11:15 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If Abortion Becomes Illegal onlinebiker 36 2779 May 8, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  That pro white thread. TheClearCleanStuff 161 21753 May 5, 2022 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4014 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Shocked Immigration Agents Whipping Hatian Migrants? onlinebiker 77 2613 October 8, 2021 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
Thumbs Up President Biden orders mass deportation of immigrants onlinebiker 135 5811 September 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  More from the self intitled white anti maskers. Brian37 57 2760 April 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  More entitled white woman problems. brewer 62 2911 December 30, 2020 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Aristocatt
  Your Villain Is Served - Middle Aged White Man Duty 15 1134 December 27, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  1rst Pres debate vs the VP debate and mods. Brian37 27 1489 October 9, 2020 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda