Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelosi announces impeachment investigation.
Pelosi announces impeachment investigation.
Dumb.

If you don' t see how this benefits the ( R )s, you haven't been paying attention.
RE: Pelosi announces impeachment investigation.
One might argue that it is a duty for Congress to oversee the President.  To do so irrespective of the political cost could rightly be argued to be 'courageous' rather than 'dumb'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 24, 2019 at 5:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: One might argue that it is a duty for Congress to oversee the President.  To do so irrespective of the political cost could rightly be argued to be 'courageous' rather than 'dumb'.

Boru

I guess you have to be courageous to be willing to submit to 4 more years of the ( R ) party running the show....
Isn't Donald Trump doing the exact same thing he lamented that Hilary Clinton was doing in the 2016 Presidential Election? It's funny to watch partisan hypocrites duke it out. When Hilary Clinton was using foreign governments to get dirt on Donald Trump the Hillarybots didn't care and now that Donald Trump is doing something that his lackeys wanted Hilary locked up for the MAGA people don't care.

"Oh no, our precious and inevitable Joe Biden (who has been trying to run for president for the last million or so years and failed every single time)!

I am waiting to hear that Twitter blew up.

Or that The Donald sprained his thumbs trying to break some sort of Tweet record.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

It's going to be fun watching the fall out from the dance.

Watching wall street might not be fun.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachmen...ted_States
(September 24, 2019 at 6:19 pm)wyzas Wrote: It's going to be fun watching the fall out from the dance.

Watching wall street might not be fun.

Should be like watching a street battle between the Crips and Bloods - if that is the gangs didn' t have such high moral standards.....
[Image: 993-A0818-D06-C-45-B6-9-FC3-02-D64223-ED0-B.png]

Sure, it's not likely that he'll be removed from office, but it's at least a show that he's done some criminal shit. Sure, the Senate will fall short of the supermajority necessary to remove him from office, but I strongly suspect this will end up a Phyrric victory for Trump and the Republican party, because it'll be the big demonstration that they don't give a shit about the rule of law. This will either be the rope they hang themselves with or a confirmation that the rule of law truly is a partisan issue and that's never going to change. Granted, Trump pretty much acts like it is anyway, but I strongly suspect impeachment is the only hope for the Rule of Law in America at this point. If we don't, he'll just keep doing what he's doing, and the Republicans are just going to keep doing it, because it seems to work.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Some MORE criminal shit...
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Biden Impeachment onlinebiker 32 1776 November 8, 2020 at 10:55 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Explain the impeachment to me Nay_Sayer 23 2571 January 4, 2020 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Dems announce articles of impeachment against Trump Rev. Rye 16 1533 December 18, 2019 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The Ego of Impeachment onlinebiker 48 3522 December 18, 2019 at 11:09 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Impeachment Update onlinebiker 50 3624 December 13, 2019 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  trump announces his bid for reelection! Drich 154 14284 July 18, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  The Downside of Impeachment onlinebiker 48 4762 February 3, 2019 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  The Never Ending Story: Another Investigation A Theist 10 1362 February 6, 2018 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump administration announces conscience and religious freedom HHS Division Divinity 91 9474 January 22, 2018 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Why keep a vice president around, who was appointed by someone worthy of impeachment? Chad32 26 3654 December 9, 2017 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: GUBU