Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:47 am

Poll: How do you feel about rambling and talkativeness in others?
This poll is closed.
I love it when people are talkative or rambley towards me.
33.33%
2 33.33%
I don't like it. I prefer people who talk less. I like to do the talking.
0%
0 0%
Meh.
66.67%
4 66.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talkativeness and Rambling... how do you feel about it?
Talkativeness and Rambling... how do you feel about it?
I love talkative people who ramble on and on. I'm very like that but I mostly do it to try and get others talking. Nothing I love more than listening to someone talk about themselves to me and ramble to me.

Who else feels this way?
RE: Talkativeness and Rambling... how do you feel about it?
What was that Pooley? You want him to go suck what!?

Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I ramble and ramble and ramble to myself. 

Sometimes I come up with a premise I believe in and then try to come up with every concievable argument against the premise I just came up with.  This is usually in work when I'm at least being paid to spend time like this. 

I don't get how someone who likes talking can dislike phones.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Because phones are inferior to computers.
I feel like a total asshat when I ramble. I do have dysnomia, and get stuck mid-sentence not knowing how to finish my thought, so I either pause (with or without filler) or ramble util I'm back on track. Makes me feel like I'm drowning in words. 

Other people can annoy me if they're too talkative, but whatever. I tend to draw the overtly flawed.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I don't ramble a lot but when I do, people make comments like "Oh, you've come out of your shell!"
Or they give me a look like "Why is she talking so much today?" Big Grin
I like when the amount of talk is proportional to the amount the person has that is worth saying.  Chatter, not so much.

Of course in personal, non-task driven conversation I like it when people are newsy about themselves, their interests and motivations.  Being forthcoming is a positive with me, as long as it isn't just a side show to keep me busy without much risk on the speaker's part.
(February 6, 2017 at 10:45 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Because phones are inferior to computers.

Most phones are computers these days.

I'm pretty selective about communication, I'm not comfortable on mic talking to a screen handsfree.  If I have a mic in my hand then I'm alright but I'd rather just have a phone in my hand.

Although because my iphone fucks up so much with the speaker and other people's recievers these days I've got used to using hands free on my phone. The speaker works better in that mode for some reason.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Skype has both free voice calls and video chat.

Yes phones are like min-computers nowadays. But computers are still better. Also I've been typing since I was 6 years old and it only took me 30 minutes to learn full touch typing. Like I'm some kind of typist savant.... so yeah... I'll always be a computer guy. Phones are limited.
(February 6, 2017 at 11:01 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Skype has both free voice calls and video chat.

Yes phones are like min-computers nowadays. But computers are still better. Also I've been typing since I was 6 years old and it only took me 30 minutes to learn full touch typing. Like I'm some kind of typist savant.... so yeah... I'll always be a computer guy. Phones are limited.

They are computers.  Essentially it's a handheld computer with the primary use being that of a phone. 

I probably do like the luxury of my desktop computer more than my iphone but I can't sneak either a laptop or desktop around work with me and have convos everywhere I go.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you feel loved? Cod 46 3038 October 16, 2019 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Cod
  How do you honestly feel about younger people complaining about being old? Foxaèr 30 4952 May 6, 2018 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Ever feel like you don't belong in this world? Foxaèr 44 4806 April 3, 2018 at 5:48 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Just out of curiosity, does this song make you feel uncomfortable? orthodox-man 7 1050 February 23, 2018 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does Anyone Else Ever Feel Like This...? Edwardo Piet 14 2241 November 17, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty? Edwardo Piet 21 2145 October 14, 2017 at 9:16 pm
  Anyone else start to feel like they're going insane when they get tired? EruptedCarcassBloat 9 1529 October 11, 2016 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Five things that will make you feel happier straightaway FebruaryOfReason 21 4267 April 14, 2016 at 2:06 pm
  How do you feel about the death penalty? Joods 50 5069 February 12, 2016 at 7:00 am
Last Post: Eclipse
  The Late Night Rambling Insomnia Thread: Random Nothingess Athene 207 19516 February 9, 2016 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: vorlon13