Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My mom is dying, going to need an ear.
My mom is dying, going to need an ear.
My mom has been absolutely awesome to me and still provides and protects me to this day. Unfortunately her operation last year got re infected and we just found out a few days ago, neither of us had any clue how bad it was. She could have had more surgery to try and fix it but at 83 it was 50/50 to the doctors and she was tired of everything she had been through. The selfish part of me wants her to stick around but I understand she does not want to be in anymore pain. I am terrified of not having her around.  She is my hero and my lifeline. I don't have many skype friends online that I can talk to. Only my friend John and my younger sister Julie, but they are constantly working and don't always have time to talk.

For those who took part in or read the "Pick Em League" NFL thread, my mom went by "Rubber Ducky". She really enjoyed following the rankings and me reading the responses. Everyone involved and Tibs, all of you helped make my mom's stay at the nursing home more tolerable.
RE: My mom is dying, going to need an ear.
Really sorry to hear that, I know it is hard to put your own feelings to one side, but it sounds like your mum is wanting to take control of her final chapter. If it helps you be strong for your mum irl, please do feel free to vent.

I know you probably don't want to think too much about 'life after' but are there any plans you can start making now, to make it easier for you when the time comes? Might also make it easier on your mum if she can see you coming to terms with it, as I'm sure she's worried about how you will cope?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
You've posted about your Mom a lot here; she's seems like a way cool lady.
Just be with her as much as you can, Brian. 

I wish both of you the best.
I sure am sorry to read this, Brian.

Do your best to make her days comfortable and as happy as possible.

I have to go over there soon, I will need someone to talk to on Skype when I am alone. Let me know if anyone reading this is available.
I don't skype, but feel free to pm me if no-one else can. Sending hugs....

Just got here, they are changing her wound bag, had to step out to let them do that. She is still responsive although very sluggish but understands.
(February 21, 2017 at 8:34 am)Brian37 Wrote: Just got here, they are changing her wound bag, had to step out to let them do that. She is still responsive although very sluggish but understands.
Hard as it might be, when you get back in just try to be your usual self, try to build some good memories to look back on. I wish you had more RL support x

Saddens me to hear that Brian. Mom's are so special. I hope you are able to enjoy the time you have left with her.
So sorry to hear of this.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mom is 102! Gwaithmir 20 1607 September 23, 2023 at 7:44 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Going to buy a gun onlinebiker 46 2458 October 17, 2021 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Spooky
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1114 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 622 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Not going to swear to it as of yet. but. Brian37 33 2336 June 19, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My mom would be pissed at me. Brian37 4 510 October 23, 2019 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  It's going to be a WARM winter onlinebiker 8 930 October 9, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  I am going naked on here to challenge my wife to do the same. funcouple 19 1645 August 31, 2019 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Are you going to let him do that? onlinebiker 4 1060 August 22, 2019 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  What's the going rate for the tooth fairy? Cod 16 1527 April 17, 2019 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Figbash