Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
falsifying the idea of falsification
falsifying the idea of falsification
https://youtu.be/uKEdfAsYNSY

the title pretty much says it. with this chinese flu killing trillions I'm been writing scripts and making videos.

This one is one i think everyone who ever called for falsification needs to hear and understand.

because the term falsification and how it is used in the philosophy of science is being used in the most incorrect in fact the opposite way it was intended to be used for.

Many use it as a panic stop button in any theological argument that is getting out of hand. "well oh'yeah your idea can't be falsified."

The correct response to that is not discussing a scientific theory is , so what.

Because all the idea of falsification is or means is it is not provable through the scientific method. IE not science but pseudoscience/NOT-science. That is what Karl popper wanted and was doing when he wrote the doctrine of modern scientific philosophy. He was narrowing the field of scientific study to three major disciplines which branch out into many many other fields.. but bottom line was his falsifiable argument was intended to separate the field of science from other intellectual tools in your tool box. he unlike you 'smart people today' did not want to run everything through science as a vetting process, but only vet pure scientific study.

for you short bussers this means Falsification is not a term than can correctly be used or applied to idea theory or theological discussion.

want any more, it's in the video. want more than that I can provide a few links but fyi there is alot of reading took two weeks to compile all of this info. if you want more information google it.

I will not be debating the philosophy of science as that is a matter of your ignorance or belief in modern science, and i will not be arguing how this term was intended verse your personal use. again that is a ignorance based on your belief in modern science.
RE: falsifying the idea of falsification
This is not Chinese flu you fucking idiot.

Everyone can stop reading at that line.

Don't you need to go to DC? I think there may be a spot on Trump's ass that hasn't been kissed in the last few minutes.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Wow! Do you get more and more stupid with each word you utter?
(March 25, 2020 at 1:58 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: This is not Chinese flu you fucking idiot.  

Don't you need to go to DC?  I think there may be a spot on Trump's ass that hasn't been kissed in the last few minutes.

it is the chinese flu as they will be paying for this global shut down and if and when they start cutting checks make sure you give yours back. because it is not china's fault, it was not covered up by their propaganda minister who let this wild fire burn for over a month before it was even  considered a possible threat.

THEN they said is was American military engineered flu... which has a far deeper implication and a more likely fanatical chance of a retaliatory strike from a biological perspective if chinese nations began to believe that narrative.

Plus it is most certainly not a beer brewers fault. I hear their business has been devastated by stupid people who stopped calling it the chinese flu because of the devastation it was causing to chinese people is now being focused on the corona beer company because those type of people who can not be trusted to say chinese flu without killing chinese people must also be the one boycotting the beer..

(March 25, 2020 at 2:04 pm)no one Wrote: Wow! Do you get more and more stupid with each word you utter?

said no one of consequence.
Makes as much sense this way- disemvoweling FTW

https://yt.b/KdfsYNSY

th ttl prtty mch sys t. wth ths chns fl kllng trllns 'm bn wrtng scrpts nd mkng vds.

Ths n s n  thnk vryn wh vr clld fr flsfctn nds t hr nd ndrstnd.

bcs th trm flsfctn nd hw t s sd n th phlsphy f scnc s bng sd n th mst ncrrct n fct th ppst wy t ws ntndd t b sd fr.

Mny s t s  pnc stp bttn n ny thlgcl rgmnt tht s gttng t f hnd. "wll h'yh yr d cn't b flsfd."

Th crrct rspns t tht s nt dscssng  scntfc thry s , s wht.

Bcs ll th d f flsfctn s r mns s t s nt prvbl thrgh th scntfc mthd.  nt scnc bt psdscnc/NT-scnc. Tht s wht Krl pppr wntd nd ws dng whn h wrt th dctrn f mdrn scntfc phlsphy. H ws nrrwng th fld f scntfc stdy t thr mjr dscplns whch brnch t nt mny mny thr flds.. bt bttm ln ws hs flsfbl rgmnt ws ntndd t sprt th fld f scnc frm thr ntllctl tls n yr tl bx. h nlk y 'smrt ppl tdy' dd nt wnt t rn vrythng thrgh scnc s  vttng prcss, bt nly vt pr scntfc stdy.

fr y shrt bssrs ths mns Flsfctn s nt  trm thn cn crrctly b sd r ppld t d thry r thlgcl dscssn.

wnt ny mr, t's n th vd. wnt mr thn tht  cn prvd  fw lnks bt fy thr s lt f rdng tk tw wks t cmpl ll f ths nf. f y wnt mr nfrmtn ggl t.

wll nt b dbtng th phlsphy f scnc s tht s  mttr f yr gnrnc r blf n mdrn scnc, nd  wll nt b rgng hw ths trm ws ntndd vrs yr prsnl s. gn tht s  gnrnc bsd n yr blf n mdrn scnc.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(March 25, 2020 at 2:18 pm)Drich Wrote:
(March 25, 2020 at 1:58 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: This is not Chinese flu you fucking idiot.  

Don't you need to go to DC?  I think there may be a spot on Trump's ass that hasn't been kissed in the last few minutes.

it is the chinese flu as they will be paying for this global shut down and if and when they start cutting checks make sure you give yours back. because it is not china's fault, it was not covered up by their propaganda minister who let this wild fire burn for over a month before it was even  considered a possible threat.

THEN they said is was American military engineered flu... which has a far deeper implication and a more likely fanatical chance of a retaliatory strike from a biological perspective if chinese nations began to believe that narrative.

Plus it is most certainly not a beer brewers fault. I hear their business has been devastated by stupid people who stopped calling it the chinese flu because of the devastation it was causing to chinese people is now being focused on the corona beer company because those type of people who can not be trusted to say chinese flu without killing chinese people must also be the one boycotting the beer..

Did a vessel in your brain just explode?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

But falsification is STILL only used in a scientific context. It’s original point was and still is to separate science from non-science. 

If you make the statement ‘God exists’ and I can’t falsify it, it doesn’t mean that the statement is or isn’t true, it simply means that it is not a scientific statement and not amenable to scientific investigation.

I should think this would delight you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Killing trillions?

Considering there isn't ONE trillion people on the globe (no yet - but if the RCC and other such droolbags have their way - there soon will be) we can assume the rest of your post to be non-factual as well.

Ignore engaged.
(March 25, 2020 at 2:53 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Killing trillions?

Considering there isn't ONE trillion people on the globe (no yet - but if the RCC and other such droolbags have their way - there soon will be) we can assume the rest of your post to be non-factual as well.

Ignore engaged.

I suspect he meant trillions of dollars, not people. It’s only a guess, but we all know that Drich doesn’t place much value on human life.

Then again, it IS Drich... he might really think that trillion of people have died.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 25, 2020 at 1:56 pm)Drich Wrote: for you short bussers this means Falsification is not a term than can correctly be used or applied to idea theory or theological discussion.

It certainly can, just as soon as the idea, or part of the discussion, is asserted to be true or exist as something more than an idea/concept/fantasy.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue I have an idea! Tea Earl Grey Hot 57 23685 April 26, 2018 at 5:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Where do Christians get this idea that atheists defend Islam GoHalos1993 39 11142 December 8, 2015 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  fundamentalist idea of hell drfuzzy 34 8017 August 27, 2015 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Drich
  General questions about the Christian idea of God and love Mudhammam 148 26258 October 2, 2014 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Tonus
  The idea of God BrokenQuill92 4 1240 February 22, 2014 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
  The idea of God always existing Voltair 200 77367 December 18, 2012 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hell - Where is the idea of justice? Voltair 201 71559 November 27, 2011 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Idea for a prank everythingafter 12 4146 March 7, 2011 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Faith No More