Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do Christians get this idea that atheists defend Islam
Where do Christians get this idea that atheists defend Islam
I always hear this among Christians and it seems to be a rather common complaint Christians have. Do they know that the reason we separate radical Islam such as ISIS and normal Islam and two different things? Why does this bother them so much? I think it's just another persecution complex. After all, despite popular belief among Christians; Islamic's aren't trying to force their laws into our government and don't act like self entitled pricks.
RE: Where do Christians get this idea that atheists defend Islam
Nuance keeps people from dehumanizing a group. These kind of people don't care that there's a difference between defending muslims, and defending islam, because they don't want to think about the fact that all muslims are not like ISIS. Anymore than all christians are like the KKK. They also don't care that there are different kinds of muslims, like sunni and shia, just like there are different kinds of christians, like catholics and protestants.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

They get that idea fro the same line of thinking that tells them there is a war on Christmas.
Quote:After all, despite popular belief among Christians; Islamic's aren't trying to force their laws into our government and don't act like self entitled pricks.

I can only post three videos at a time, but there's pretty much videos made by Muslims, from every part of Europe that want to not only force their laws into government but abandon the old man made government altogether in favor of sharia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzXH02-z7ow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN7eQyrDt-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2y5n-hAnUE

The court earlier heard that last December Horner and the 23-year-old man drove alongside Joshua Bilton and Anna Reddiford in Bethnal Green, and started yelling at them through a megaphone.
The teenage convert shouted: 'Let go of each other's hands. This is a Muslim area!' - but the couple initially assumed it was a joke.
They stopped holding hands after the men repeated the message - and when they started again, the car blocked their way until they let go.

Two weeks later, Horner and MacFarlane attacked men drinking in Shoreditch, shouting: 'Kill the non-believers.'
Horner then punched two of the group, hitting James Forward in the jaw and knocking out Patrick Kavanagh with a sucker punch to the head.
On January 13, Horner and the 23-year-old harassed another couple, Clare Coyle and Robert Gray, as they were walking in Stepney - accusing Miss Coyle of being a 'slag'.

In November 2008, Choudary organised a meeting of the newly formed Islam4UK, which, according to its website, was "established by sincere Muslims as a platform to propagate the supreme Islamic ideology within the United Kingdom as a divine alternative to man-made law"

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Pretty sure atheists don't defend islam.
Ray Comfort not to long ago said Atheists stop attacking islam.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 6, 2015 at 8:49 pm)godzilla_22 Wrote: I always hear this among Christians and it seems to be a rather common complaint Christians have. Do they know that the reason we separate radical Islam such as ISIS and normal Islam and two different things? Why does this bother them so much? I think it's just another persecution complex. After all, despite popular belief among Christians; Islamic's aren't trying to force their laws into our government and don't act like self entitled pricks.
ROFLOL

Wake up sport.

That religion demands world domination Via an Islamic state/Theocratic rule. (Meaning the ultimate Goal of all devout Muslims is to see the world under the rules of Islam.)

When immigrants move to foreign countries they do not assimilate into the culture, they maintain their religious and cultural identities. So much so, that in some European countries  Immigrants have established 'no go zones' where one has to be of a particular muslim back ground to enter.
(google European Muslim no go zones)

What do you think these are for.. Mind you these people are not supposed to be terrorists. They are hard core non militant muslims who seek to control regions to have areas where their law their lifestyle mandated in a given area. No ask yourself what happens when enough people come in that they get majority vote?

Do you honestly think their will be such a thing as atheist anymore? Just look at their home towns to find your answer.
(December 7, 2015 at 11:08 am)Drich Wrote: Do you honestly think their will be such a thing as atheist anymore? Just look at their home towns to find your answer.

I bet you've never been to any of their home towns. I know for a fact that there are many secular Muslims living in what could be considered as Muslim areas. And even those devout do not all want the whole world under Muslim rule. You are being misleading as usual, Drich.
(December 6, 2015 at 9:41 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
Quote:After all, despite popular belief among Christians; Islamic's aren't trying to force their laws into our government and don't act like self entitled pricks.

I can only post three videos at a time, but there's pretty much videos made by Muslims, from every part of Europe that want to not only force their laws into government but abandon the old man made government altogether in favor of sharia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzXH02-z7ow
Just watched the first one, and let me point out there is no clear context to these various still pictures. In fact, some of these still pictures aren't even advocating for Sharia in France. One of them is simply saying she is both French and Muslim with the statement in French:"What's the problem with that?"
(December 7, 2015 at 11:19 am)Irrational Wrote:
(December 7, 2015 at 11:08 am)Drich Wrote: Do you honestly think their will be such a thing as atheist anymore? Just look at their home towns to find your answer.

I bet you've never been to any of their home towns. I know for a fact that there are many secular Muslims living in what could be considered as Muslim areas. And even those devout do not all want the whole world under Muslim rule. You are being misleading as usual, Drich.

I have worked with, studied with and employed people "fresh off the boat." People who claim to want to intergrate into society, but only in so far as to allow for their vices. (Drinking/unrestricted sex seems to be the two big objections) outside of that they all hold and maintain the core values of muslim law. (death to infadels prayer and total respect of the religion are still observed.)

I had one guy who 'immigrated' from Iraq the year before, and had another guy who fought in afganistan start to work for me 6 months after the iraqi. The 'Merican had a the word "Infadel" tattoo on the inside of his forearm in Arabic. Now as progressive as the Iraqi wanted to be, he could not get past working with a man with an infidel tattoo. once he found out everyone had general tattoos he left.

Again this guy supposedly wanted to integrate into the culture. and he himself would have been considered to be an 'infadel' by his hard core "No-go zone brothers", but because we had no regard or any respect for the Koran what so ever he felt his 'soul' was endanger and could not stay.

Point? The OP discussion and my response is about how Muslims will NOT ever fully intergrate into this culture. And if you find Christianity oppressive, then wait till you are forced to live under sharia law. where Atheists like Christians are put to death.
(December 7, 2015 at 11:56 am)Drich Wrote:
(December 7, 2015 at 11:19 am)Irrational Wrote: I bet you've never been to any of their home towns. I know for a fact that there are many secular Muslims living in what could be considered as Muslim areas. And even those devout do not all want the whole world under Muslim rule. You are being misleading as usual, Drich.

I have worked with, studied with and employed people "fresh off the boat." People who claim to want to intergrate into society, but only in so far as to allow for their vices. (Drinking/unrestricted sex seems to be the two big objections) outside of that they all hold and maintain the core values of muslim law. (death to infadels prayer and total respect of the religion are still observed.)

I had one guy who 'immigrated' from Iraq the year before, and had another guy who fought in afganistan start to work for me 6 months after the iraqi. The 'Merican had a the word "Infadel" tattoo on the inside of his forearm in Arabic. Now as progressive as the Iraqi wanted to be, he could not get past working with a man with an infidel tattoo. once he found out everyone had general tattoos he left.

Again this guy supposedly wanted to integrate into the culture. and he himself would have been considered to be an 'infadel' by his hard core "No-go zone brothers", but because we had no regard or any respect for the Koran what so ever he felt his 'soul' was endanger and could not stay.

Point? The OP discussion and my response is about how Muslims will NOT ever fully intergrate into this culture. And if you find Christianity oppressive, then wait till you are forced to live under sharia law. where Atheists like Christians are put to death.

You know sharia means different things to different Muslims, right?

And I've lived with, and have, Muslim relatives (devout ones so to speak). Your claim that all devout Muslims want the whole world to be under Muslim rule is at least misleading, if not wrong. Misleading because some of them just don't care about such an "ultimate goal". And besides, no different from many devout Christians who believe the world will be under the rule of Jesus.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  falsifying the idea of falsification Drich 109 8257 April 3, 2020 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7812 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3928 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
Tongue I have an idea! Tea Earl Grey Hot 57 23890 April 26, 2018 at 5:15 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3384 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  CHRISTIANS, you only have 3 days left to get rid of your XMAS TREE! 21stCenturyIconoclast 22 4211 December 24, 2016 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: 21stCenturyIconoclast
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31250 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  William Lane Craig continues to desperately defend the indefensible. Esquilax 241 36525 April 15, 2016 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  so christians get this dyresand 70 11491 December 11, 2015 at 8:42 am
Last Post: athrock
  Why atheists make fun of you christians dyresand 10 5501 September 30, 2015 at 9:52 am
Last Post: vorlon13