Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:40 am

Poll: Gay Marriage - are you for or against it and why?
This poll is closed.
I support it
89.53%
77 89.53%
I oppose it
10.47%
9 10.47%
Total 86 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gay Marriage - are you for or against it and why?
Rainbow 
Gay Marriage - are you for or against it and why?
VOTING INSTRUCTIONS: No civil union talk here. Either you support same sex marriage as equal to opposite sex marriage or you dont.

If you post on this discussion, I only ask that you vote in the poll (either before or after discussion) as well so that we can see how this strong atheist community views gay marriage.

Thankyou
RE: Gay Marriage - are you for or against it and why?
I support it because it annoys the shit out of religious assholes.
I support it as I fail to see any differentiation between a loving relationship of same sex couples. It is just a silly ceremony (my POV) but for these people it means something.

And then there are the LEAGAL issues to consider and I cannot see why these couples should be excluded from them
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I can find no rational reason for homogays to be prevented from getting married.
"If an injury must be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared" - Niccolo Macchiavelli
Not my business what any two or more consenting adults want to do together - I couldn't care less if a group of 100 people wanted a mega marriage.
I don't understand the reasons against it and no one has ever given me a rational response.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I oppose it, because there are better things to think about.
What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home is their own damn business and no-one elses.
(February 18, 2011 at 6:43 am)ib.me.ub Wrote: I oppose it, because there are better things to think about.

Seriously, WTF????

That is a crap argument.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
ok, how about...there are more important things to think about?
(February 18, 2011 at 6:47 am)ib.me.ub Wrote: ok, how about...there are more important things to think about?

So we can read your response as ambivalent??? "Never really thought about the issue??"
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1086 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  1 dollar stands firmly against 1 hryvnia. Why? Interaktive 6 400 June 23, 2021 at 5:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 496 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1489 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1511 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Conservative and Gay John V 42 4808 January 27, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why oh why are people on the righ so against LGBT folk? NuclearEnergy 10 1979 July 26, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why is the Democratic Party against the only person who could save them? Mystical 63 15736 June 3, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  This Is What You're Up Against With Drumpfucks Minimalist 20 2460 March 18, 2017 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Do you know why wars happens and why middle east is robbed? Safirno 12 2033 July 9, 2016 at 11:48 am
Last Post: account_inactive