Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:56 am

Poll: Ban Religion - are you for or against it and why?
This poll is closed.
I support it
19.05%
16 19.05%
I oppose it
80.95%
68 80.95%
Total 84 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban Religion - are you for or against it and why?
Bug 
Ban Religion - are you for or against it and why?
VOTING INSTRUCTIONS: Many theists have claimed that atheists want to ban religion. Either you support a ban on religion or you do not. Example: If you support banning Scientology, but oppose banning Unitarians then you would vote "I support it". If you oppose banning any and every religion then you would vote "I oppose it".

If you post on this discussion, I only ask that you vote in the poll (either before or after discussion) as well so that we can see how this strong atheist community views gay marriage.

Thankyou
RE: Ban Religion - are you for or against it and why?
Against it completely.
It is an individuals right, if they want to why not? Just don't force it down the throats of your children or others (not that is a more interesting question).
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence"...Doug McLeod.
You can't ban ideologies, people will hold them whether they are prohibited or not.
"If an injury must be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared" - Niccolo Macchiavelli
In a perfect World, I would ban relgion.
I think by banning religions you would ban the right of the people to assemble for common worship or to posses, sell or teach religious texts, it doesn't imply that belief in a deity would be illegal.

(February 18, 2011 at 7:00 am)ib.me.ub Wrote: In a perfect World, I would ban relgion.

In a perfect world you wouldn't need to, nobody would desire to form a religion.
(February 18, 2011 at 7:00 am)ib.me.ub Wrote: In a perfect World, I would ban relgion.

theVOID Wrote:In a perfect world you wouldn't need to, nobody would desire to form a religion.

Interesting point.

Banning religion would be a/ immoral, and b/ pointless.

The only way for religion to end is for people to realise that it is a fraud by the light of their own reasoning.

And you cannot force that reasoning upon them. They have to arrive there by themselves.

Otherwise we would be worse that the religions, because we know better.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Many things are immoral and/or pointless, but that dosen't stop them from happening.
Against it. The controlling and "we know best" attitude of religion is among what I hate most about it so to suggest I'd be ok with banning it would be very hypocritical. It should however, be illegal to label your child religious and force any sort of religious dogma upon them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 dollar stands firmly against 1 hryvnia. Why? Interaktive 6 401 June 23, 2021 at 5:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  transgender military ban to go into effect Fake Messiah 20 2474 January 25, 2019 at 12:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Palestinian rock throwing, but isnt that against their religion? Kimbi 1 495 September 4, 2018 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why oh why are people on the righ so against LGBT folk? NuclearEnergy 10 1979 July 26, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why is the Democratic Party against the only person who could save them? Mystical 63 15738 June 3, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  This Is What You're Up Against With Drumpfucks Minimalist 20 2460 March 18, 2017 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Trump's ban on Muslims WinterHold 51 6320 March 6, 2017 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Pence Defends Trump’s Criticism of Judge Who Blocked Travel Ban Foxaèr 3 817 February 5, 2017 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Do you know why wars happens and why middle east is robbed? Safirno 12 2033 July 9, 2016 at 11:48 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Remember Progressives.... This Is What You Are Defending Against Minimalist 19 2679 May 27, 2016 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus