Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NO MORE EARTHQUAKES...PLEASE!
NO MORE EARTHQUAKES...PLEASE!
There was one near Wellington a while ago:

Quake Details

Information about this earthquake:
Reference Number 3473252 [View event in Google Maps] [View Felt Reports in Google Maps]
Universal Time March 3 2011 at 13:19
NZ Daylight Time Friday, March 4 2011 at 2:19 am
Latitude, Longitude 41.07°S, 175.10°E
Focal Depth 30 km
Richter magnitude 4.7
Region Wellington
* 10 km north-east of Upper Hutt
* 20 km west of Featherston
* 20 km south-east of Paraparaumu
* 40 km north-east of Wellington

Widely felt in the lower North Island and upper South Island.
http://www.geonet.org.nz/earthquake/quak...3252g.html

^I can safely say I will be psychologically stuffed if a big one happens here, and generally as I like living here I don't want a Christchurch kind of Earthquake ruining my relatively quiet little place.

I wish we could have Banned earthquakes here for a little while (be quiet down there tectonic plates and volcanoes...I want my beauty sleep). Angel
RE: NO MORE EARTHQUAKES...PLEASE!
*Sigh*

Fucking earthquakes.
Sure hope all you Kiwi's are ok.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
The truly sad fact is that tectonic plates don't give a shit what you want.

Bummer.
(March 3, 2011 at 11:58 am)Minimalist Wrote: The truly sad fact is that tectonic plates don't give a shit what you want.

Bummer.

But the lucky thing is that they don't enjoy it either! Hot dog! ^_^
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(March 3, 2011 at 11:58 am)Minimalist Wrote: The truly sad fact is that tectonic plates don't give a shit what you want.

Bummer.

But a casual look at a few geology maps would give a reasonably good idea of where not to live if you are allergic to earthquakes, but still we complain.

(March 4, 2011 at 2:22 am)Chuck Wrote:
Bummer.

But a casual look at a few geology maps would give a reasonably good idea of where not to live if you are allergic to earthquakes, but still we complain.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted

[attachment=448]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Bummer.

They seem to have a lot of the ocean front property. Trade offs....trade offs.

Bummer.

Yep, but where there aren't Earthquakes there are floods, tsunami, volcanic activity, hurricanes/cyclones, tornadoes, forest fires, monsoons, and numerous other natural disasters and climate activity that has a bad effect on humans, that I am too lazy to post here. Wink
And where there isn't all of that shit: It's fucking cold!
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Podcast recommendations please... arewethereyet 1 205 September 1, 2020 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  [Serious] How do you get over your past mistakes? [Please Don't judge me] GODZILLA 12 1166 June 3, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Can you filthy foreigners please invite your friends? Losty 43 2966 May 1, 2019 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2262 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Gentlebeings, a salute, please. Gawdzilla Sama 13 1237 July 31, 2018 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Please help me understand this Indian "law" Alexmahone 18 2409 July 25, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Help! If You Hsbr sn iPhone, iPad, iPod or Mac Please Do Me a Favor Rhondazvous 2 483 April 17, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Please help? Longhorn 16 3006 January 9, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Brian37
  A little advice on a family matter please NuclearEnergy 6 1138 August 27, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please Do Me a Favor Rhondazvous 15 1456 March 4, 2017 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Sterben