Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turnabout is fair play
Turnabout is fair play
Windows Guy: “Anything that has a beginning must have a cause.”

Linux Gal: “At least one thing does not have a beginning, or if it does, it has no cause.”

Windows Guy: “Name that one thing.”

Linux Gal: “Time.”

Windows Guy: “Ha ha ha, you believe time created itself!”

Linux Gal: “No, I hold that either no moment exists without a prior moment, or if there is a moment with no prior moment, then there existed no moment during which the first moment could have been created.”

Windows Guy:  "Lmao! So time created itself? Bwhahahah! If the bible said time was eternal you would literally scream it had a beginning! Anything but God right? What is sick is that you rather believe in the IMPOSSIBLE than to believe in God! What a sick individual!"

Linux Gal: “Does God have a beginning?”

Windows Guy: “Of course not!”

Linux Gal:
RE: Turnabout is fair play
There’s quite a bit of discussion (mainly among people who think about this more than I do) as to whether time qualifies as a ‘thing’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Sounds like my question, "if a god made everything that exists, where was he before he made anything?"
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(November 10, 2022 at 5:24 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Sounds like my question, "if a god made everything that exists, where was he before he made anything?"

In some timeless void?
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(November 10, 2022 at 5:35 pm)Ahriman Wrote:
(November 10, 2022 at 5:24 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Sounds like my question, "if a god made everything that exists, where was he before he made anything?"

In some timeless void?

If a void contained God, it wouldn’t be a void.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 10, 2022 at 5:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 10, 2022 at 5:35 pm)Ahriman Wrote: In some timeless void?

If a void contained God, it wouldn’t be a void.

Boru

Maybe the void is God.
(November 10, 2022 at 5:47 pm)Ahriman Wrote:
(November 10, 2022 at 5:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If a void contained God, it wouldn’t be a void.

Boru

Maybe the void is God.

There you go again, making up definitions for words you don’t understand.

Boru
(November 10, 2022 at 5:56 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 10, 2022 at 5:47 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Maybe the void is God.

There you go again, making up definitions for words you don’t understand.

Boru

Lol how did I do that, in this instance?
(November 10, 2022 at 6:03 pm)Ahriman Wrote:
(November 10, 2022 at 5:56 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: There you go again, making up definitions for words you don’t understand.

Boru

Lol how did I do that, in this instance?

Because a void contains nothing and is nothing - ‘no thing’.  God, being a Thing, can neither be a void or contained within a void.

You’re adorable, you are.

Boru
(November 10, 2022 at 6:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 10, 2022 at 6:03 pm)Ahriman Wrote: Lol how did I do that, in this instance?

Because a void contains nothing and is nothing - ‘no thing’.  God, being a Thing, can neither be a void or contained within a void.

You’re adorable, you are.

Boru

Well God might not be a thing, it could just be a force, like a force of nature.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did God play peek-a-boo? LinuxGal 36 3148 March 16, 2023 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  When logic fails, falsely play victim. Brian37 9 1066 January 31, 2021 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It's Time to Play...WHO'S WORSE THAN YAHWEH! Astonished 37 11312 September 11, 2017 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Ceteloguing the Tricks Theists Play Rhondazvous 150 21948 June 16, 2015 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
Exclamation Hell and the Play Nice Christian Cinjin 202 30481 February 26, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Is the Christian God fair? Mystic 47 17557 March 5, 2013 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Drich
  A Fair Heaven FadingW 2 1788 September 12, 2010 at 8:12 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb