Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 7:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism - less war?
Atheism - less war?
So would a world in which everyone was atheist have more, less or the same amount of war?
Kudos given by (1): Dawud
RE: Atheism - less war?
Probably the same, people will just find a new reason to hate others.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
There wouldn't be an holy wars, but people being people - would find other excuses (which is all a holy war is anyway...an excuse).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I agree with the guys above me. There will unfortuantely always be war, but with more atheism one can only hope that the wars made in different deities names will disappear.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

You know, you never know though...it's not like people haven't declared a war in a gods name whilst simultaneously not believing in that god..hehehe. Got pope, got imam? Maybe that's just me being a cynic, but meh.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
There will still be wars, but rather fewer, as one of the reasons why people resort to violence have been removed.
What reason is that chuck?
Kudos given by (1): Dawud
Dawud, imagine two kids sitting in the sandbox, flinging sand at each other, yelling about who's imaginary friend is the toughest. If I understood Chuck correctly, that would be the reason. Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I doubt war will ever subside to a once in a while thing (or end) until money also becomes a non-issue. Once religion is out of the way, you still have that almighty god, The Dollar.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Not really the dollar per se Summer - but what it represents, resources and competition.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Less anger towards religion Macoleco 64 6132 December 14, 2022 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Disasters, war, crime, ect ... and Survival. Brian37 19 1647 July 19, 2021 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4254 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  How are you going to commit to the war on Christmas? Fidel_Castronaut 108 25921 January 4, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27177 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  6 day war snerie 6 1162 March 30, 2017 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why are there less female atheists? Lebneni Murtad 45 8413 March 8, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12530 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12167 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10507 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0