Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing is everything.
Nothing is everything.
Sae thinks the absence of things is the same as the sum of things.

Discuss!

RE: Nothing is everything.
1+-1= 0. Nothing is the sum of 1 and negative 1.

Can I have a cookie yet, or is it too early? Dodgy
Because I know you want me to post something, here goes:

Nothing is everything. Everything is everything. Nothing is nothing. Everything is not nothing. Everything contains nothing. Nothing contains nothing. Nothing does not contain everything. Everything is a thing. Nothing is a thing. Things exist. All things exist. Everything exists. Nothing exists.

Go nuts, someone that disagrees with all or any of this. I anticipate pages upon pages of "Yes it is" "No it's not". Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Saerules Wrote:A vacuum, A void. It can't be described by anything but that it is 'there' (and the nothing which is outside of space is unrationalizable). There's nothing descriptive in nothing except that it is, and contains no other descriptors.It doesn't smell, it doesn't taste, it cannot be seen, it cannot be heard, it cannot be felt...

Under your own definition, you should have written nothing. Big Grin

For it cannot be described. .?. Wink
(April 7, 2011 at 7:02 am)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: 1+-1= 0. Nothing is the sum of 1 and negative 1.

Nothing = 0
Thing = 1
Everything = 1 + 1 + 1...

Quote:Nothing is everything.

0 = 1 + 1 + 1...?

Quote: Everything is everything.

Sure, 1 + 1 + 1... = 1 + 1 + 1...

Quote:Nothing is nothing

Sure, 0 = 0

Quote:Everything is not nothing.

So, 0 =/= 1 + 1 + 1... BUT 1 + 1 + 1... = 0?

Law of non contradiction: VIOLATED!

Quote:Everything contains nothing.

Explain.

Quote:Nothing contains nothing.

Nothing doesn't "contain" anything, nothing is the absence of anything that could possibly be contained by anything else.

Quote:Nothing does not contain everything.

Nothing does not "contain" anything...

Quote:Everything is a thing.

Everything is the sum of all things, not a thing by it's self.

Quote:Nothing is a thing.

No it isn't. Nothing = No things = The absence of things.

Quote:Things exist. All things exist. Everything exists. Nothing exists.

With you until the "nothing exists".

Quote:Go nuts, someone that disagrees with all or any of this. I anticipate pages upon pages of "Yes it is" "No it's not". Smile

I've given you more than brute disagreement, you have some serious problems with your concepts.
Ib.me.ub Wrote:Under your own definition, you should have written nothing.

For it cannot be described. .?.

I don't disagree... any attempts made to describe a thing that has only existence and naught else are at best an attempt to rationalize the concept by the next best thing (ie: infinity and a very large number).

Void Wrote:Nothing = 0
Thing = 1
Everything = 1 + 1 + 1...

No, everything is one thing. The universe is one. Adding zero to this does not change it. And nothing is also a thing, so calling it zero is kinda funny really.

Void Wrote:0 = 1 + 1 + 1...?

I agree... 0= 1 + 1 + 1 +-1 +-1 +-1 ^_^

Void Wrote:So, 0 =/= 1 + 1 + 1... BUT 1 + 1 + 1... = 0?

Law of non contradiction: VIOLATED!

Do you honestly dispute that nothing is everything aside from everything? Sleepy

Because that would be really funny Tiger

Void Wrote:Explain.

(Everything contains nothing)

If nothing is a thing, then everything must include it, lest it be a sum of everything save nothing. And that wouldn't be everything.

Void Wrote:Nothing doesn't "contain" anything, nothing is the absence of anything that could possibly be contained by anything else.

So tell me then, what does nothing contain? Sleepy

(Hint, the answer is 'nothing').

Void Wrote:Nothing does not "contain" anything...

Except nothing, of course.

Void Wrote:Everything is the sum of all things, not a thing by it's self.

So the sum of 6 apples is not a bushel? Sleepy

Void Wrote:No it isn't. Nothing = No things = The absence of things.

And that is a thing.

Quote:With you until the "nothing exists".

And yet, it does.

Quote:I've given you more than brute disagreement, you have some serious problems with your concepts.

That you conclude differently doesn't mean I am either incorrect or have problems with my definitions Sleepy
Im still trying to figure out what "nothing" is outside of abstract math

Everytime I think of "nothing", all I can get is blackness. But blackness is something.

Outside of algebraic terminology, how can the human mind actually grasp "nothing" without comparing it to something? The human mind loves to compare things.
(April 7, 2011 at 4:53 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Im still trying to figure out what "nothing" is outside of abstract math

Everytime I think of "nothing", all I can get is blackness. But blackness is something.

Outside of algebraic terminology, how can the human mind actually grasp "nothing" without comparing it to something? The human mind loves to compare things.

I don't think that it can. The reality of nothing is foreign and difficult to understand (I mean, what's to understand?)... the closest I can come to explain it myself is a void beyond the veil of spacetime. Which makes it all the harder to understand, since there isn't even a location to describe it past "outside". :S
(April 7, 2011 at 4:53 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Im still trying to figure out what "nothing" is outside of abstract math

It doesn't exist, might not even be possible, certainly isn't conceivable.

Sae is letting intuitions get in the way.
(April 7, 2011 at 4:43 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: No, everything is one thing. The universe is one. Adding zero to this does not change it. And nothing is also a thing, so calling it zero is kinda funny really.

Wtf?

Everything is the sum of all things, the universe is the sum of all things within a region of spacetime.

Nothing is NOT a thing, nothing is the ABSENCE of things. Literally, No Things = Zero things = 0

Void Wrote:I agree... 0= 1 + 1 + 1 +-1 +-1 +-1 ^_^

You're on crack, that's the only way I can rationalize how retarded you are some times.

This is going to go around in circles until you agree that nothing is NOT a thing.

Quote:Do you honestly dispute that nothing is everything aside from everything? Sleepy

Everything - Everything = 0. Sure.

Now can you get it into your head that "no things" = "nothing"
Im not backing Sae up 100%. Nothing definitely = no thing.

I tried to expand my view of nothing and actually got "transparent" instead. My imagination just imagined something that is see through. Nothing looked like what I was looking at during the time.

Am I the only one who has a hard time trying to explain "nothingness"? The funny thing is that I expect nothingness to be perfect peace after death. Or should I say "non-existence".

Thumbs up if you have the same conundrum as I.
You're trying to picture something with no form, it's bound to result in rough analogies.

Non existence = peace? How? Peace is a positive thing, not neutrality or nothingness.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something from Nothing Banned 66 11363 March 7, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Everything is nothing, and nothing is everything. goombah111 64 8748 January 3, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: goombah111
  Creatio Ex Nihilo - Forming Something out of Nothing? GrandizerII 70 11985 February 24, 2015 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  "Everything has a cause and an explanation" discussion. Pizza 66 15146 February 22, 2015 at 11:59 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Why Something Rather Than Nothing? datc 249 30049 November 7, 2014 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: LostDays
  Is everything temporarily according to atheists? Knowledge of God 22 2912 June 29, 2014 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  "That's not nothing" Freedom of thought 38 7117 May 16, 2014 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Freedom of thought
  The following is not a question: Can something come from nothing? Alex K 204 30613 April 16, 2014 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: ManMachine
  Can Creator create morality from nothing? Mystic 37 20572 July 19, 2012 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Question Is absolute 'nothing' really possible and/or coherent? Tea Earl Grey Hot 49 19847 April 22, 2012 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance