Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats in a miracle
whats in a miracle
(call me jaded.) Every time something like this happens ( http://www.kentucky.com/2011/04/07/16987...ullet.html ) every theist I know says that is a miracle and proves god is real. When it comes to me I see the science behind the action.(I see it as a freak accident nothing more or less.)
I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them

-- Galileo Galilei
RE: whats in a miracle
Couldnt god have made the bullet miss him completely?

Answer: of course not, he doesnt exist

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I would call it a miracle if the bullet fazed though the windshield and landed softly on his lap.
I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them

-- Galileo Galilei
What's in a miracle? at least one complete idiot.
If you have faith every little anomaly is a miracle. A true miracle would be Christians acknowledging this as a random occurrence.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 7, 2011 at 9:11 pm)FaithNoMore Wrote: If you have faith every little anomaly is a miracle. A true miracle would be Christians acknowledging this as a random occurrence.
My aunt see everything as a miracle. She'll get her tax check and she'll say its a miracle.

-- Galileo Galilei
(April 7, 2011 at 9:11 pm)FaithNoMore Wrote: If you have faith every little anomaly is a miracle. A true miracle would be Christians acknowledging this as a random occurrence.

The other day one of my friends (Muslim) said that it was a miracle he passed his math test. Legitimately... not a figure of speech... he actually believed it was a miracle preformed by Allah. I laughed and he got pissed.ROFLOL
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
So if the bullet did indeed kill him, what would have they said?

Something along the lines of "It was God's will" or "God works in mysterious ways"?

This comes to mind:

[Image: Bildes-20.jpg]

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Atheist I Evolved!
(April 8, 2011 at 11:27 am)DiRNiS Wrote: So if the bullet did indeed kill him, what would have they said?

Something along the lines of "It was God's will" or "God works in mysterious ways"?

This comes to mind:

[Image: Bildes-20.jpg]

If I know Kentuckyen Christians they would probably say it was his time to go or hope the person behind the shouting found and gets what's coming to him.

-- Galileo Galilei
I'd call it a miracle if the bullet paused in midair and turned around before going back and hitting the person who shot the gun.
~ Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give a man a religion and he'll die praying for a fish.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about a specific claimed miracle anonymous89 43 5574 February 13, 2020 at 2:56 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How can you explain the miracle of the Holy Fire? Thracian 42 10904 April 23, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  The next time someone says their religious text is a literary miracle... ReptilianPeon 4 1710 October 22, 2015 at 3:18 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Whats the difference between a cult and a religion? Zidneya 74 21812 May 24, 2014 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Is this A Miracle? Minimalist 8 2056 February 12, 2014 at 8:58 am
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  I Witnessed a Miracle BGChuckLee 60 11890 January 16, 2013 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: killybob
  Anyone want to take a stab at debunking this "miracle"? Ziploc Surprise 33 15743 April 20, 2012 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: simplexity
  The latest miracle! LastPoet 25 6554 May 20, 2011 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  whats going on deicide110 19 6141 April 13, 2010 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  A Miracle!! solarwave 92 42651 November 5, 2009 at 11:01 am
Last Post: theblindferrengi