Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I need some advice!
I need some advice!
I have a super huge crush on this guy in my philosophy/oceanography classes. I'm pretty much hopeless when it comes to talking to the opposite sex, and I don't really have alot of friends here (I moved here a year ago). The first day of my philosophy class he talked to me asking me if I was taking oceanography (we both had marine bio together the semester before). We haven't talked since then, but he's also really quiet, he only talks to his one friend in the class (a girl, but not his girlfriend I don't think). I did some facebook stalking and I want to add him but I don't know if that will come across as creepy or not. We like all the same stuff, its pretty insane. I just wish I could be normal and talk to people normally but I'm not, so I guess thats why we have social networking, lol.

Anyways, opinions on what I should do?? Especially from the guys! All my girl friends just told me to do it.
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
RE: I need some advice!
I agree with your girl friends because they are right. Just go over and talk to the guy, he is not going to bite your head off.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Firstly, he's only a crush - you don't know him yet. Don't get too excited over a man who you don't know. You're interested - try talking to him. If you do add him on Facebook, add a comment - something flipant, "I add all the cute guys" or similarly interested but non commital.

Above all have fun, flirt and enjoy it. It's not a big deal, it's not like you're looking for a husband.
Happiness is all that's important. What makes me happiest is making my loved ones happy.
lol, I added him. I'm not getting overly excited I just overanalyze everything in life!
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
Go for it! Just don't be too forward, and be prepared to "just be friends". I've had unwanted attention from girls before, and I genuinely liked them but not in a "crush" sort of way. Most of us became good friends. Don't expect too much, but don't be prepared to back down at the first hurdle Tongue Just talk to him a little more, if he likes you he'll talk back. Sometimes life really is that simple Tongue
(February 13, 2009 at 3:08 pm)Rockthatpiano06 Wrote: I have a super huge crush on this guy in my philosophy/oceanography classes. I'm pretty much hopeless when it comes to talking to the opposite sex, and I don't really have alot of friends here (I moved here a year ago). The first day of my philosophy class he talked to me asking me if I was taking oceanography (we both had marine bio together the semester before). We haven't talked since then, but he's also really quiet, he only talks to his one friend in the class (a girl, but not his girlfriend I don't think). I did some facebook stalking and I want to add him but I don't know if that will come across as creepy or not. We like all the same stuff, its pretty insane. I just wish I could be normal and talk to people normally but I'm not, so I guess thats why we have social networking, lol.

Anyways, opinions on what I should do?? Especially from the guys! All my girl friends just told me to do it.

When you spoke with him, did you sense any chemistry between you? I used to be able to tell if anything could happen ( in those far-off days when I was dating fodder! ). Find another opportunity to talk and check it out. Good luck!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
We talked for a little bit on facebook today, he sent the first message! We just talked about class and stuff but really what else are you going to say to someone that you've never talked to, lol. I don't know, could be promising! I mean he didn't have to message me, he could of just accepted the friend request and moved on. Not getting my hopes up though. I didn't embaress myself which means I can still return to class on Tuesday, thats about as much as I can ask for, haha.

bozo- We only talked for a few minutes, and it was like me getting ready to walk out of class and him catching me before I did. I usually come into class with headphones on though which I should probably stop doing. Nobodys going to try talking to me that way!! Also, i'm so bad at sensing chemistry. This is why I always like people that have no interest in me and seem to never notice the ones that do. this is why I fail at dating, and life, lol.
Cher

(February 13, 2009 at 3:08 pm)Rockthatpiano06 Wrote: I have a super huge crush on this guy in my philosophy/oceanography classes. I'm pretty much hopeless when it comes to talking to the opposite sex, and I don't really have alot of friends here (I moved here a year ago). The first day of my philosophy class he talked to me asking me if I was taking oceanography (we both had marine bio together the semester before). We haven't talked since then, but he's also really quiet, he only talks to his one friend in the class (a girl, but not his girlfriend I don't think). I did some facebook stalking and I want to add him but I don't know if that will come across as creepy or not. We like all the same stuff, its pretty insane. I just wish I could be normal and talk to people normally but I'm not, so I guess thats why we have social networking, lol.

Just go and grab him! Wink
Go over and talk to him. It should work out well.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(February 14, 2009 at 11:53 pm)Rockthatpiano06 Wrote: We talked for a little bit on facebook today, he sent the first message! We just talked about class and stuff but really what else are you going to say to someone that you've never talked to, lol. I don't know, could be promising! I mean he didn't have to message me, he could of just accepted the friend request and moved on. Not getting my hopes up though. I didn't embaress myself which means I can still return to class on Tuesday, thats about as much as I can ask for, haha.

bozo- We only talked for a few minutes, and it was like me getting ready to walk out of class and him catching me before I did. I usually come into class with headphones on though which I should probably stop doing. Nobodys going to try talking to me that way!! Also, i'm so bad at sensing chemistry. This is why I always like people that have no interest in me and seem to never notice the ones that do. this is why I fail at dating, and life, lol.

Sounds promising to me, he " caught " you before you got away at class and he's followed it up with a message. Give him a big smile and a cheery hello next time you see him.....then watch for the chemistry.
This could develop into a mini-soap.....just what we need amongst all the serious stuff!!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
haha, soap opera it could be!! Hopefully with a happy ending Tongue

I also think he's an atheist or at the very least agnostic. *thumbs up*
Cher

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 790 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Advice about patience Macoleco 4 545 March 26, 2020 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Music The best advice someone gave you. onlinebiker 65 6117 April 14, 2019 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1057 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  I'll need some help with this. notimportant1234 26 1832 March 10, 2018 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Need Some Help BrianSoddingBoru4 7 1171 March 1, 2018 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Last Minute Gift Advice Neo-Scholastic 28 3879 December 27, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  2 pieces of advice for future parents ErGingerbreadMandude 68 12829 November 17, 2017 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Cod
  Dating advice seandiggy 30 4465 October 23, 2017 at 2:17 am
Last Post: J a c k
  I need some good first date questions Seraphina 86 10352 October 5, 2017 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet